Mold/mildew stain remover for organic shower curtain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can get rid of mold/mildew stain on my organic shower curtain? There are a lot of mold spots on the cotton shower curtain, and I need a stronger remover. Please help.

Thanks
Anh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 PM

If it's cotton, could you run it through the wash? Then just hang it out to dry in the sun.

Actually, now that I mention it, just hanging it out all day on a sunny day might be enough to solve your mold problem.

If you're looking for a spray specifically, I use tea tree oil and water on my mold-prone shower tiles.

Mom to DD Nov 2009,
Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 PM

Definitely put it in the washing machine with laundry detergent.  I do that with all of our cloth shower curtains regularly as well as with the plastic/vinyl liners (I don't put the plastic/vinyl in the dryer though, just hang them).  I think the PP's suggestion to hang in the sun is a good one, too, if you can in your area right now, but first wash it.  You could always put 5-10 drops of tea tree oil in the washing machine to kill the mold/mildew, if you feel the need.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:54 AM

i soak mine in a tub with bac-out.....then run it through the wash. 

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 PM

I soak mine in a borax solution before tossing in the washing machine (by itself) with detergent and more borax.  When re-hanging, I spray with more borax spiked with tea tree oil.

I also hung a string on the curtain rod, and hook that behind the shower head so that the bottom of the curtain gets away from the sides of the tub for a faster dry.  That keeps away the mold a lot longer. (Confession: I finally moved to a nylon shower liner, still plastic, but not as bad as pvc).

User Tag List