cloth napkin that do not need ironing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there all natural cloth fabric that could be used for napkins and does not need to be ironed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 01:12 PM

A friend of mine has these Mayan napkins and said they don't need ironed after washing.
http://www.fairtrademarketplace.com/...=35&detail=130

Also - Pristine Planet has lots of natural cloth products....you might want to check there.

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 PM

If you're looking for an everyday napkin, inexpensive washcloths or dishcloths work great. Definitely no ironing. I bought dishcloths for when we have company (it's always very casual) and they look great and function well. This is basically what we have, we have four of them in different colors. I do love those Mayan napkins, though! There are plenty of cotton options on Amazon.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 AM

When we first started using cloth for napkins - we did dish rags. Then I starting sewing and serge some cotton woven fabrics - they work well. I found that flannel is best - no ironing needing, super soft and absorbant - lots of prints to choose from.

Erin

lady.gifNatural, Dancing, Sewing WAHMommie to 3 beautiful girls reading.gif  Peace.gif wave.gif and an awesome step-son nut.gif
Old 12-12-2010, 10:49 AM

I have two-ply hemp cloths that are serged.  I have a small size (intended as TP but we use them as napkins for the children) and larger paper towel sized.  They are great, absorbent, and wash beautifully.  

Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We have the plain "hotel" white napkins from Williams Sonoma. The wash and wear well and release stains pretty easily. 100% cotton and not very expensive. They look better when they are ironed of course but I think they do alright when they aren't. I have a LOT of napkins and actually pay one of nephews to iron them for me. I love child labor.

User Tag List