Organizing for reuse, recycling, etc. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of my goals for the upcoming year is to make it easier to handle our waste and recycling. I'm wondering if anyone could share photos or ideas of how you keep your compost, recycling, or the things you want to keep for "reuse" organized. I have gotten really lazy about this and even though we have a compost pile in our backyard and curbside recycling, I feel like I constantly have a pile of "not garbage" hanging out on my counters, and sometimes when I'm in a rush I just dump it in the garbage anyway. I know, not good.

I need inspiration!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-26-2012, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Bumping this up! Anyone have suggestions to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)

We put only dry garbage in the trash cans throughout the house. Occasionally I wash these trash cans. We don't use liners because it is unneccesary garbage. I never understood buying a bag that you just throw away.

In the kitchen there are 3 cans. One bucket in the sink for compost that goes out a few times a day, one bin under the cabinet for dry recycled like clean glass jars, and one ordinary can for dry waste like plastic packaging. In a shed we keep larger bins for sorting the recycling as it goes out of the house.

#4 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We keep a very large basket in the kitchen for all of the recycling and then take that out to our various recycle bins (glass, paper, plastic, metal) when it gets full.  We also keep a compost bucket on the kitchen counter.  We do still also have a traditional trashcan in the kitchen but our family of 4 only puts out about 1 small bag of trash a week. 

Good luck recycling!

Mama to 8 yo ds and 4 yo dd.treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifjumpers.gifbellyhair.gif

Tags
Reduce Reuse Recycle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page