Which is the least wasteful option? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I bought a bread machine from breadman.com and the second time I used it, the paddle scratched the living crap out fo the pan.  Like down to the metal.  This is the only teflon I have in my entire kitchen, but I'm not about to use the pan again, so I called Breadman and asked for a new pan and they don't have any, nor do they know when thye might get some. 

Here are my options:

Get a full refund, which necessitates sending the the cut-off electric cord, rendering the machine useless

Keep the machine and hope that they stock more pans before my warranty expires, which leaves me with no bread and no bread machine

Go ahead and try to sell the machine now, sans pan, to make some money back to put toward a Zojirushi

I feel so guilty to think of ruining an otherwise brand new machine!  What is the least wasteful option here that still gives me a loaf of bread every other day?

Bring back the old MDC
#2 of 2 Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It seems the company should replace your pan wether or not they get them in before your warranty runs out or not.It's not your fault they are out of pans.

In the mean time,have you checked your local thrift stores?The ones by me have bread makers all the time.I bought one in the box with all the instructions and cook book for $10.And then when you get a replacement pan,you could just send it back to the thrift store or to a friend.

Tags
Reduce Reuse Recycle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page