How to store plastic bags that I have recycled - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By kitchensqueen

#1 of 8 Old 08-20-2015, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
How to store plastic bags that I have recycled

I am one of those people that washes out her plastic bags and uses them again.
However, I have never found a way to keep them sorted and organized in a way that feels good or helpful.
Anyone thoughts? What works for you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

momma to two - a toddler and a teen. 758/2016 items in decluttering challenge (874 items gone last year 2015) Ramsey's BS1 $500.00 (leaving it here for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-27-2015, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I always think I'll come up with a great way to store them. The best one yet has been all similar kinds of bags in one bag. Basically a bag stuffed with bags. Not great but I haven't found anything else....

mayamade soap + apothecary for family + home Now with Pleasant Perineum Sitz Bath
#3 of 8 Old 08-28-2015, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I stuff plastic grocery bags into an empty Kleenex box. It keeps them contained and accessible. The box lives on a shelf in the kitchen.

Small thin bags (like bags for veggies at the grocery store) get stuffed into the leftover cardboard tube from aluminum foil or parchment paper. It lives in drawer in the kitchen for odds and ends - the foil and parcment and bag clips (in a small bag) and elastics (wrapped around another cardboard tube) etc.

Paper bags are kept in a bag, beside another bag with all of our reusable shopping bags, in a closet.

***Obligatory standard disclaimer that we mostly use reusable bags and avoid plastic but the occasional plastic bag comes into the house and gets re-used too.*****

Last edited by ollyoxenfree; 08-28-2015 at 03:31 AM.
#4 of 8 Old 09-02-2015, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Any box or jar with a lid works great for this kind of thing - just cut an opening in the lid, and you can pull the bags out like you would tissues from a box.
Neera likes this.

- my blog on small town homesteading.

#5 of 8 Old 09-11-2015, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Thank you everyone for your responses!
#6 of 8 Old 10-23-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
http://www.ptcpeople.com/homes-and-g...ocery-bag-hack way to roll them together. I just tie one more around the roll instead of a container.
#7 of 8 Old 10-26-2015, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Just saw this: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFun...50023/?fref=nf I think it's actually better for bags in a pantry or something. But the roll of bags is great for the car or for grabbing for dog walks.
#8 of 8 Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I keep mine in a fabric tube with a drawstring top and bottom. I hang it from the back of a cupboard door, stuff the bags in the top, and pull them out the bottom as needed. Works great.

Tags
organize , recycle

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page