BPA free reuseable water bottles - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-18-2008, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure if this is the right place for it, but here it goes...

I was wondering what you can suggest in the way of SAFE
reusesable water bottles. I do have some Klean Kanteens, and
well...don't throw things at me : but I just don't like them. So I've
been useing my bottles from Target that I am suddenly realizing are
made of guess what, BPA or polycarbonate (number 7PC on the bottom)
GRRRR....: Why can't they just make stuff safe!!!! Other than KK or Sigg
(I am guessing are exactly like KK) what is out there that is safe?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#2 of 6 Old 05-18-2008, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#3 of 6 Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 PM

I like the ThinkSport (stainless steel) and the Polar Bottle (LDPE) best of the BPA-free bottles that I've tried. We reviewed about 10 different types on our blog including the new BPA-free Camelbak and Nalgene bottles and a few styles of stainless steel bottles. The link is in my sig below. Search for BPA-free water bottle showdown.

HTH!

ZMom

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.
#4 of 6 Old 05-19-2008, 05:35 PM

While glass bottles are not ideal in many circumstances, I reuse them at home and out and about some places. Even my 7 year old has learned to use a glass bottle/jar just fine at home. I wash out glass jars/bottles that food comes in and we reuse them over and over for various food storage and drinking out of on the go.

Just the other day I found individual Tazo teas at a local discount store. I bought two because these are my favorite shaped bottles! (The tea was good, too, but I seriously bought them for the bottle.) I brewed my own herbal tea and refilled the Tazo bottles and took one with me to meet friends. It was a nice treat since I usually only drink water. I use them for water mostly.

DD wakes up way earlier than DH or I and often wants to eat right away, so we've been pouring milk into a small glass jar for her to use. We've tried a few different ones and her favorite is a Mason-type jar with a one-part metal lid. (I don't know the exact brand.)

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#5 of 6 Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks for this thread. I'm a reformed bottled water-aholic and the hardest part has been finding replacement containers that I like.
#6 of 6 Old 05-20-2008, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmom View Post
I like the ThinkSport (stainless steel) and the Polar Bottle (LDPE) best of the BPA-free bottles that I've tried. We reviewed about 10 different types on our blog including the new BPA-free Camelbak and Nalgene bottles and a few styles of stainless steel bottles. The link is in my sig below. Search for BPA-free water bottle showdown.

HTH!

ZMom
Wonderful! I will check it out

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page