Bag credits? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
slight hijack, but you know what I don't get? All the stores around here are offerering the new canvas bags (they don't do credits, but then again they only started the reusable bags about a month or two ago). BUT. Whenever I bring in my canvas bags they look at me like I have three eyes. This isn't because there's a policy against canvas bags...they just don't seem to understand the concept at all. I often get ignored and then have to take my stuff out of their bags or I have to remind them like three times, or at least I often get the evil eye. But how can you be selling them if you don't even know how to use them??? What else are people buying them for??? Sorry, rant over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
People are not going to change their habits until stores start CHARGING 5 cents for plastic bags.

Yes, it's nice to get 5 cents back at Stop and Shop or Whole Foods, but it makes more of an impact if we have to shell out our hard-earned money. Even if it's 30 cents...people will notice and change.

In Ireland, they have started charging for plastic shopping bags. Their use has gone down something like 97%. :

Does anyone else love the sign at Whole Foods that states how many bags and how much money was saved the previous week by customers bringing in their bags? Yesterday I was over there and the number of bags saved was over 7,000. :

User Tag List