where to but snack size containers for lunches? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 06-23-2008, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't want to spend the money on a laptop lunch as my mom just bought ds a nice lunch box. I just got a wrap n mat for sandwiches, but would like something else for snack stuff.

I am looking for "safe" plastic containers, but stainless steel with plastic lids would be even better. I keep looking on the internet, can't seem to find anything.

Please help. My ds is starting preschool in a few weeks and I am trying to get it all together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-24-2008, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We put my dd's laptop lunch inside a lunch bag. We dont use the bag that you can buy with the system. So would that still be an option for you? There are these bowls. I have also seen retangular containers with plastic lids but i can't remember where.
Stainless bowl w/lid
#3 of 6 Old 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM

How about some Tupperware dishes?

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htpr...r=P10055073000

I can usually find this size container at the thrift store for $.50. I'd even splurge on new if I couldn't find it used, because Tupperware lasts forever. I have a bunch of the old orange and green containers that were my Grandma's (which she purchased in the '70's) and they are still in great shape.
#4 of 6 Old 06-26-2008, 11:15 PM

how about a happy sack, I just got some so far loving it. http://www.happy-sack.com
#5 of 6 Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM

For dry snacks, I sewed small fabric bags with drawstrings. :

After the kids are done with the bags they pop them into the laundry basket. Easy smeshy.

Another idea if you get stuck, use waxed paper. When you are done with the waxed paper it can be easily composted.

This post gave me an idea...maybe with today's nasty weather (AKA no beach) I will sew a few more snack bags and give them away.
#6 of 6 Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM

I use Tupperware (my friend is a consultant) and it lasts forever and is mostly safe as they only use virgin plastic...I think that's the shpeil. Anyway, if one ever does break under regular use, they'll replace it.

I also use baby food jars. Yes, they are glass, but they are very durable. DF hasn't managed to break one yet at a work site.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page