Can we talk about laptop lunches? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidandspencersmom View Post
i wish Built NY would make a lunch tote that would fit a laptop lunch AND a FUNtainer or Foogo. I emailed reusablebags.com and they wrote back, asking for measurements of the FUNtainer. I haven't heard back.

This is the next to last thing i need before school starts.

If i can't find anything, I'll just buy the laptop lunch with the black sleeve, and just have the drink separately.

Does anyone have a bag that works?

Well because of the sizing issues I ended up going with the Fit N Fresh lunch thing instead of the laptop one, and we have the LL BEAN Flip-Top lunch box.

I put a Sigg in the top part, and the Fit N Fresh fits in the bottom. I don't think a Funtainer would fit in there with it, but I can't imagine my child needing a Funtainer full of hot food + the Fit N Fresh. I think on days I send something hot, I'll just put a piece of fruit in, a pouch of crackers or maybe just use one of my smaller SnapWare containers to go with the Funtainer.

It's all so ridiculously complicated isn't it? I spent over an hour on the phone with a friend, she wanted help finding lead free bpa free stuff. It was a nightmare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 06:18 PM

anyone use Rubbermaid containers and want to comment on their ease of use with opening and closing...

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid...at=HPCat100044

looking for something appropriate for a 6 year old everyday lunch and snack taker

and

something for the occasional lunch/snack taker 4 year old with dexterity/grip hand issues.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Both my kids have them. DS #1 likes his. I have never had problems fitting stuff in his box. If I have a sub type sandwich that won't fit in the containers., I just put it in the purple box without the inner containers. I also put pizza in this way.

DS #2 doesn't like his. He has some problems opening it so I don't send it anymore. I use it on occasion and I have never had a problem putting enough food in it; however, I take mainly leftovers which fit nicely in the containers.

Last year we used the LLBean critter lunch boxes with Sigg bottles. They worked find. I gave us enough room to add a banana or apple. DS#1 handle broke so I recently order DS #1 a laptop lunchbox with bottle. I hasn't arrived yet. After reading the comments about size, I am interested to see if it will work as well as the LL Bean.

All-in-all I really like them. They are easy to wash - I just put some water and soap in them and shake them up. If I packed anything greasy, I may have to use a paper towel to clean it. The inner containers fit in the top rack of my dishwasher or I just leave them in the purple container when I wash it.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiajenn View Post
I got a couple stainless steel spice containers that fit in well.
http://www.amazon.com/Lipper-Stainle.../dp/B000F1QDWI
Found these little stainless steel spice jars at Kohl's yesterday. $2.38 each! In the kitchen gadget section. What a perfect size for snacks!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 PM

I don't own this, but thought it was pretty cute, and would hold a lot..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-6-pc-Urara-R...6.c0.m14.l1318

User Tag List