Mothering Forum banner

Need ideas for old boxers, socks...

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  rsps 
#1 ·
My Dh has many pairs of old boxers where the elastic has given out etc, and we have a ton of odd/holes/etc socks. Any ideas on how to reuse/recycle???

I'm just not very creative and I definately don't want to throw away, and these aren't items that can be donated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Shred and use as stuffing in assorted toys/dolls/decorator pillows/etc?

Boxers can be cut up to make doll clothes, and old socks can be sewn into dolls if they're not too worn out (or if you can cut away the worn out part and use another part of the sock.)

#6 ·
I use old socks for cleaning. I put my hand inside the sock like a glove and go about my cleaning, when I am done, I just toss in the laundry. I really enjoy this idea because I use to use plastic gloves for this and hated throwing them away......but with this it works both as the glove and the papertowel. So it has eliminated a lot of trash.

I also use them to dry the car if I had wash it.

You could make cloth diapers or wipes out of them.

Someone made headbands out of old socks.....that was pretty cool...it is on here somewhere

sock puppets for kids

dog tug a war toys (tie socks together in a tight knot..making a chain)

various crafting projects

cut in shreds and weave them together (tie or sew the ends) to make hot pads for hot pots to sit on or use with out cutting and weaving

cut for strips to hold plants up (such as tomato plants)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.