Old Water Bottles & Sippy Cups??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What to do with old BPA bottles???

So now that we're trying to avoid bisphenolA (something most of us knew nothing about years ago), what do I do with the now obsolete bottles??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Take then to goodwill. Someone will use them.
#3 of 9 Old 07-31-2008, 12:29 PM

Aren't there othe places you need a little non drinking water sometimes. How about some water near where you iron? Would the sippy cups make good flower pots? How about some water for the car in case your radiator ever needs it.

I keep a bottle of water under the bathroom sink because once, just once and it will likely never happen again, the water was shut off just as I about to rinse my hair.

Is it ethical to pass something you consider poison on to someone else?
#4 of 9 Old 07-31-2008, 02:30 PM

Ooooh, I like the flower pot option. I just replaced all our plastic sippy cups with stainless. I was going to use all the old ones for sand toys but now I think the kids and I can have a project this weekend and plant some flowers! Thanks for the idea!

Now who's got an idea for the lids and valves????
#5 of 9 Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM

I took all of ours to the local shelter, which has a huge need for baby/kid stuff. I was going to keep just the bottoms for crafts and playing outside but decided to keep the usefulness of the entire object intact by giving the whole thing away.

I struggle with this type of thing because I get to feeling guilty about giving something away that isn't "good enough" for my family. I shared this with the head of the shelter and she set me straight.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#6 of 9 Old 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM

We've given some to goodwill. We are using some for crayon holders.
#7 of 9 Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 PM

I would give them to a nearby shelter, a county office that might be able to distribute them where they are needed or ask animal shelters if the bottles could be used. We live near an exotic animal shelter (tigers and other big animals) and they sometimes want bottles, towels, etc.
#8 of 9 Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 PM

We have used some as bathtub toys. I have two old Avent sippy cups, and I kept the cup and the colored ring and I use them as toothbrush holders next to the sink.
#9 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 11:13 AM

We always needs cups for painting/rinsing brushes. And bath toys.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page