Broken plastic pool - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-04-2008, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I have a broken plastic outdoor pool (the ones that you can get from walmart that have the built in slide).

It can't be recycled at any of the local recycling centers because it does not have a recycle symbol.

Originally I was going to use it as a sand box because it just had a crack....but then somehow the crack turned into the whole side broken and hanging off (I think my fil purposely broke it so he could throw it away because he was eager to once it broke...but it MAY have been a storm that caused it.......but that does not seem too likely).

I just do not know what to do with it. It does not seem repairable or useable for anything.

Any ideas? Prefferrably recycle not reuse..but I am open to either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-05-2008, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think you're pretty much stuck with trashing it. or freecycle and let it be someone else's problem!

The only thing you can do is start calling any plastics recycling facilities in your city. NOT the places that the public is supposed to take stuff. I've been trying to do this in Houston for the past year, and I get a lot of run-around. They aren't really eager to deal with the public, but I keep hoping someone will say ... "oh, yes, if you bring it, we can do something with it" but no luck. Of course, I don't have oodles of spare time. But my point is: if I'm not having any luck in Houston, I don't know of anywhere that would be better. *technically* the plastic can be recycled with the 'trash' plastics which is how they make Little Tikes, picnic tables, plastic lumber, etc. But whether or not they are able to handle large random toys, is a different issue altogether.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#3 of 3 Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
thanks.....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page