Could I vent for a moment? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is so wrong with expecting a HFS to be aware and able to handle things when i customer wants to bring their own containers in to use in the bulk isle?

I go in to the store and head right for the customer service desk, seems ok so far..... but when i ask for a tare weight on the jar the person doesnt know how to do that. Another person comes over and weighs the jar.. ".63 tare" he says... "can i have a sticker or something that tells that?", he hands me a register receipt with a handwritten .62 on it... hummm...... Now i can see this not a pro act when it comes to your own containers.

We go to the register to pay. guess what.. they cant get the tare weight to go in and rathe rthan tell us the girl just rings the item at the scale weight with the tare weight @ cost of the rice inside.. Have things gotten this bad or am i just subject to a crappy HFS?
#2 of 3 Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
That's a crappy store. Mine lets you weigh and label your own containers. They almost always handle them correctly at checkout. The one time I realized (looking at my receipt after I got home) that I'd been charged for the weight minus tare of 0.04 instead of 0.4, when I went back to customer service with that container and my receipt they were very nice about refunding the difference.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was actually impressed with my run-of-the-mill Publix... I brought organic cotton produce bags for my produce and just figured I'd pay the weight of the bags, cause I was sure they wouldn't bother and the cashier did whatever and took some weight off!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page