acme bags vs. chico bags? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-12-2008, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have you tried each of these? do you have a preference of one versus the other?

Also, probably a ridiculous question, but where i'm looking, the black bags are much cheaper than other colors. I'm totally fine buying black, but I live in Phoenix, where it's super hot. Do you think it's a bag idea to get the black and tote groceries in it? Will everything get too hot?

Thanks in advance for your help!
#2 of 7 Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM

You said "bag" idea.* Giggle.*

I don't know about the acme bags, but the chico bags are awesome because they are so small, you can keep one on you easily ,& have it when you need it.
They also hold alot.
I'm a fan of having a variety of bags because different kinds work better for different things.
I don't think black is an issue at all, unless you have to keep your groceries in direct sunlight.

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#3 of 7 Old 08-12-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=redebeth;11923942]You said "bag" idea.* Giggle.*

QUOTE]

heehee! clearly you can tell where my mind was. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to hearing what others have to say. Was thinking of potentially ordering a few of each...
#4 of 7 Old 08-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkeriffic mama View Post
have you tried each of these? do you have a preference of one versus the other?

Also, probably a ridiculous question, but where i'm looking, the black bags are much cheaper than other colors. I'm totally fine buying black, but I live in Phoenix, where it's super hot. Do you think it's a bag idea to get the black and tote groceries in it? Will everything get too hot?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I love my Chico bags. They're teeny and they fit everywhere -- I bought a ton of them through a coop, and I've got them in my purse, in my desk drawer, in the center island of my car, in the diaper bag, and scattered all over the place. I also love that they have carabiners on them, so I can attach them to belt loops or straps or each other.

But to be honest, I've never used an Acme Bag. They look like they might be a bit bigger, but they also look like they don't smush up as tight as the chicos. And no carabiner. Plus, they're half-again as expensive.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#5 of 7 Old 08-12-2008, 06:53 PM

On on the other side...I've never tried the chico bags because I love our acme bags.
Although, we have the tote style/size bags...not sure which style you are referring to?
I just prefer one I can use that is as close to a paper bag, packing-wise, as opposed to something that is like a plastic bag.
These do not smoosh all up like the others but i find them easier to carry once loaded and they hold a ton.

...sorry, I don't think that was helpful at all, was it?
#6 of 7 Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 PM

I've used both, and I prefer Chico bags. My Acme bags are made of a thinner, silkier material. I have 3, and all three are pulling apart at the seams.

On the other hand, I have about a dozen Chico bags, and only one has ripped.

They are about the same size, both folded and unfolded.
#7 of 7 Old 08-21-2008, 04:48 PM

I love my chico bags! I bought them through a coop here. Got a bunch of colors, which I use to sort my groceries (green=produce, blue=freezer, etc.). I keep them in my car so I've always got them when I need them. They can hold so much more than I thought (size & weight) that they are just awesome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page