Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SE MI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm really trying to focus more on this aspect of green living right now. I thought we could all share ways in which we eliminate the amount of packaging that we consume and then throw out or recycle.
Here are some of the things I am doing now
* Avoiding individually wrapped items like milk/juice boxes or cheese sticks (I just started making my own string cheese
* Buying larger quantities of items I know I will use lots of
* Buying from the bulk section when possible and reusing my bags or containers for it
* cloth bags
* avoiding boxed prepackaged foods (for health reasons too!)
Things I'm adding
*bringing a travel mug with me when I buy coffee or tea while out, or making a cup of coffee to take with me instead of stopping for one!
* Doing more freezing, canning, dehydrating and then storing it in reusable containers. (Plus then I also know the fruits and veggies we are eating in January are local)
So what are your tips for reducing packaging?
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa