What do you want to eat after giving birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 11-18-2008, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No idea... does the heartburn issues go away pretty soon? I am missing hot peppers... I love the things and ate them through most of my pregnancy up til about a month or so ago when heartburn kicked in BAD. I still have half a quart of home grown ones that my Dad pickles... I can't wait to eat them again without issues! lol

I've been craving Sangria big time too. Really wish I could have some.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#32 of 41 Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 PM

brandyk, I want to eat all that stuff, too! DH keeps joking that he's going to make me "rice-fried rice" after the baby's born, since I haven't eaten rice since August.

But what I really want are pancakes and fruit juice.

After DS was born, I had a hospital dinner. I don't even remember what it was except that it came with sweet tea, which tasted soooo good.

Mom of 2 boys: D-Mac (Feb 06) and Ducky (Dec 08)
#33 of 41 Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Homemade gluten-free chocolate chip cookies sounds really good I should probably think of something healthy, though...a fruit smoothie with butter and raw eggs like I eat for breakfast every morning would probably be really good (I'm weird, I know). I wouldn't mind leftover Thanksgiving dinner if we still have some (EDD Dec. 1...really hoping baby decided to come the day after Thanksgiving!).
#34 of 41 Old 11-18-2008, 03:08 PM

a margarita and some fresh fruit. then sleeep.................
#35 of 41 Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGrassIsBlue View Post
Beer.
Yes. My midwife actually remembers from last time that I want a nice, cold Guiness.

Beyond that it will depend on time of day. I'm betting this baby will be born in the middle of the night so maybe an early morning pancake run will be in order. I still remember how freaking awesome the Denny's DH brought me after my first birth was.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#36 of 41 Old 11-19-2008, 10:29 PM

Stuffed french toast! Yummy!

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#37 of 41 Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 AM

oh yeah, chinese, thai, anything with lots of noodles and rice.

and fruit. i was eating mostly fruit before the GD diagnosis. now i get like an apple a day. i can't wait to get my fruit on!
#38 of 41 Old 11-20-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post
i was eating mostly fruit before the GD diagnosis. now i get like an apple a day. i can't wait to get my fruit on!
#39 of 41 Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 AM

after my last birth my friend who attended it made me a beautiful, big, warm bowl of oatmeal with lots of cinnamon and raisins and organic cream and real maple syrup (we're canadian - it's got to be the real stuff!). it was so yummy and comforting, I still remember it with great fondness as "the best bowl of oatmeal ever". not sure, but I may go for a repeat on that idea this time - plus oats are really good at boosting the milk supply, I think this time I'll add a good sprinkling of hemp seeds for protein. it's good because it's so quick and easy, too, and anyone can make it for me w/o messing it up!!! I also like the idea of getting my older kids to help me make a simple cake during the early part of labour (if there is an early part the third time round. . .) that we can eat together after the birth to celebrate the baby's first "birth day". we'll have to see how that goes, though, I could see that plan getting scrapped pretty darn quick depending how the labour goes! I am definitely into the guinness, too, good call - must add that to my list of stuff to have on hand!
#40 of 41 Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 AM

With my first pg I had a Schlotsky's sandwhich the day before as my " last meal"; then right after I had her my ex-MIL went back, per my request, to Schlotsky's and got the same exact thing. Only this time she got it for free...I made t-shirts for the grandparents to wear that announced they were a g-parent and they commented on it and she told them I had just had a baby. FREE FOOD IS SO YUMMY!

I either want IHOP pancakes or some Boston Market afterwards...depending on what time I'm done squeezing little guy out.
#41 of 41 Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 AM

I WANT sushi!!!!!!!!
As much as I can!! hehe :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page