Can I join you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-17-2008, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due Jan 3rd, but I don't want to make it that far anymore. I'm aiming for as natural a VBAC as I can have birthing in a hospital (long story short--it's the best option for me, my second option is a UBAC and I'm just not ready for that) and am contracting regularly now (mostly BH, some real ones in there, too, though). I'm 33 weeks and 3 days along and the primary caregiver to our healthy, active 2 year old. I've just developed severe SPD when I already had low blood pressure problems and am very close to totally immobilized at this point. I'm hoping all this is going to mean an early labor--which means a lovely December baby, which is what I'd prefer (I was hoping to go a few days early so I was delivering in December anyway, but DD was 42 weeks, so I don't have a lot of hope).

I'm very happy to be pregnant and very disappointed that it's taken this turn. I was enjoying my pregnancy a lot until recently. I spent the first trimester terrified of loss (having had two already, one of which happened only 2 weeks before I conceived this baby. I am thankful for even the SPD and hoping that it leads to a easier VBAC, but I really don't want to go the full 40 weeks. I want my baby to come at the first safe opportunity and since I'm already contracting so steadily and having my pelvis separate, I'm hoping that's a good sign that baby wants that, too, because baby will be calling the shots there.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM

I hope things go well for you. And there are a few of us going back and forth between the Dec DDC and the Jan DDC

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#3 of 12 Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingstar View Post

I hope things go well for you. And there are a few of us going back and forth between the Dec DDC and the Jan DDC
I figured

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#4 of 12 Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 PM

Hi! I'm a DDC cheater, too! I've been reading a lot over here but posting more in Jan. . .I read your post about going 42 weeks with your DD, my DS was 42.5, so it's REALLY hard for me to pinpoint when baby will arrive. Anywhere between December 12 and January 14 is what we have narrowed it down to

I am not experiencing problems nearly as severe as yours, but I must say, even if I'm "only" 35 weeks, I sure hope I have this baby sooner than January!!!!! I will NOT be as patient this time around:
#5 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 AM

I also go back and forth between the January and December DDCs. I am due January 17, but will be induced on December 5 at the latest.

My water broke at 29 weeks 6 days and so I'm on hospital bed rest until I deliver. I've had a lot of preterm labor stuff, but since my water broke my uterus is actually a lot calmer and we're hoping to get to at least 32 weeks (this Saturday). So I may even end up with a November baby...
#6 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 AM

Welcome!
I have severe PSD as well--you have my full sympathies. I'm also high-risk due to a heart condition so I'll be a hospital birth too. Make yourself at home here--this is a wonderful group of ladies
#7 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyscout View Post
Welcome!
I have severe PSD as well--you have my full sympathies. I'm also high-risk due to a heart condition so I'll be a hospital birth too. Make yourself at home here--this is a wonderful group of ladies
Thank you! Thankfully, the most "high risk" thing I've got going is the VBAC and as we know, that's only high risk to doctors' malpractice insurance! But I sure as heck FEEL high risk right now

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#8 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

double post due to my internet being stupid.

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#9 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Xak! Welcome! : Fingers crossed that you get a nice early labor.
#10 of 12 Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0lanthe View Post
Xak! Welcome! : Fingers crossed that you get a nice early labor.
Thank you!

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#11 of 12 Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 AM

Hiya Xakana! Nice to see you here though I'm sorry for the SPD being the reason. We have a DDC PAL thread (and a high risk thread too) if you want to check them out.
#12 of 12 Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

I should have been here anyway, but with Lilly taking 42 weeks, it just seems like wishful thinking...

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page