No, It's NOT A Couple of Months! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday, I was talking to DH about how after eating (whatever it was I had just eating) LO kicks and gets really active. DD said "'Chi (What she can say of LO's name, Malachi) kick me too!" I told her that in a couple of months, Malachi would be here and I would make sure that he "kicks" her, too. Then all of a sudden, I stopped, looked at DH, and said "It's not a couple of months! It's a few weeks!" I can't believe how fast time is going by! I was talking to a lady at a local consignment shop, and she asked how long until I was due, and when I told her, she was like "It seems like you just got pregnant!" I know! It's crazy! Anyone else "shocked" by how close it it or having to "correct" yourself?

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 AM

Sometimes I think it's crazy how close it is. But I fel like I've been pregnant with this baby forever. And I feel like it's never going to end. Then I realize, it could be any day now. And I hope it is.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#3 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
On wednesday I've got exactly one month to my due date! Wha?! Huh?! When did that happen??

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#4 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 AM

LOL, someone said something about that to me just today, "OMG, it feels like just yesterday you were telling everyone you were pregnant, where did the time go?!"
#5 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
Sometimes I think it's crazy how close it is. But I fel like I've been pregnant with this baby forever. And I feel like it's never going to end. Then I realize, it could be any day now. And I hope it is.
I could have written this.
#6 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 AM

out of curiosity, have you been counting weeks or months? i've been counting weeks and 3 more seems just right.
#7 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 AM

I have counted weeks since day one.
#8 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 AM

I have no idea where this pregnancy has flown. lol But it has been a busy time in my life which has definitely helped time move along. There was a move, a wedding, a honeymoon, tons of events, and now the holidays.

A lot of my friends say my pregnancy seems to have gone by super fast too. I keep thinking back to the spring early summer and sometimes it seems eons ago, but sometimes it feels like yesterday... time is a strange thing. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#9 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 AM

We go to a local Chick-fil-a, and they have a hospitality woman there who refills drinks, gets balloons for the kids, etc. Well, we've always chatted with her, she's super social and friendly. We go there about 2-3 times a month (probably the only fast food place we 'frequent'--ours has a kids night too).

Well, DD's school had a 'Chick-fil-a' night and we were there last Thursday. She looks at me and says..."wow, you're pregnant..." And, I was like...uh, I have been for the last 8 months or so.

Apparently she just noticed! And, I could have sworn it has been obvious the last few months! I'm not a super thin person, but not really huge either...I'm average. So, she should have noticed. Her theory is that I was behind the counter too much or sitting down when she came by!

Either way, she couldn't believe it was next month!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#10 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
out of curiosity, have you been counting weeks or months? i've been counting weeks and 3 more seems just right.
I've been counting weeks, but sometimes I say (er, *said*) months.

I think it's going by "faster" this time because I've had things to do- take care of a 2 3/4 year old, school, housekeeping, etc. When I was pregnant with DD, I was *so* tired the whole pregnancy, and DH and I were staying with my parents, so we stayed in 1 room, and that's all I had to clean, so when that was clean, that was all I had. I didn't take classes, there was only the one room to clean, etc. so it seemed like time crept by slower than molasses in the middle of January. When I sit down and actually put thought into it, it's right, but it *seems* crazy close.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#11 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 PM

Everyone says, I can't believe how fast it went, and I say, That's because I didn't tell anyone till I was 4 months along! Its been half the time for them as for me... I guess I'm split, being pregnant hasn't been bad for me, of course there are things I miss and I'm not looking forward to loosing all this weight, and I'm soooo excited to hold baby and be a mommy and see my husband be a daddy and the grandparents and all (my dad calls each day just to check). But I'm also a little fearful... can I do this? Its like being up in the plane ready to jump when you're skydiving, there is only one way down, and it will be amazing, but but but there are so many ifs. I just pray that things will go as I envision and I will be strong.

Lea RN, Wife to Josh (5 years), Mama to DS1 (19 mos)
#12 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM

I'm not "due" until the 20th, though, so for me it could be up to 6 1/2 weeks! I don't really expect to go drastically past my due date, but it could happen! I'm sort of glad, because although I'm nesting, my house-reorganizing project is going really slowly, and I know once I have the baby I have to just go with whatever I've gotten done, because I'm not getting a lot done with two little kids and a newborn.
#13 of 15 Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM

This pg has gone fast for me. I'm not due until the 28th though, so reading the birth stories makes me think that I have a long time to go still. It does help a lot when you have other little ones in the house to take care of. Also, we moved to another state in September. In a way I can't wait for the baby to come, but not until I reach 37 wks. I'm 34 1/2 weeks now. The thing I don't know if I can handle will be 3 little ones. I'm due on my oldest's 3rd birthday. : How am I going to go grocery shopping? My kids already can't handle being in the cart for very long. My DH works long hours so it doesn't always work to have him come with me or have me leave the kids home with him. Oh, well! I will survive, I will survive, I WILL SURVIVE!!

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#14 of 15 Old 11-19-2008, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
It's very crazy for me as well. I almost feel like I'm in denial that labor is impending, lol. Ever since my dd has dropped I've felt so much better and more energetic. I was having brackton hicks and even preterm labor a week or so ago but now nada. There are times I feel like she'll be here any minute, and times I feel like I'll be pregnant forever. This is my first pregnancy, and I have to say that I think it's been a pretty healthy and enjoyable one. It will be a kick to not have to pee constantly and to be able to lay on my belly again though!

I think a lot of my anxiety has gone away because I've gotten just about as ready as a can be for her. I've decorated her room, stocked things up, organized her clothes, organized her extra things in the trunk of our car, read a ton of books and done a lot of research about labor and my ideals on motherhood. I can't do much more than wait, and I know it's envitable that mommyhood is upon me. Of course I have my moments of "OMG...I'm having a child! what was I thinking!" lol, for me the doubts and anxiety came before I knew I was pregnant and was thinking about it. Now that it's happening I feel as ready as I can be, and I just feel so at peace that this is a little girl that will change my life in the best of ways. Just like now I can't remember not being pregnant, soon I won't be able to remember not having her in my life, kwim?

Okay, no more rambling!
#15 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM

Yeah, I think someone needs to snap me out of it and into baby mode...at least I'm nesting LOL. Getting some stuff done around here!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page