Could this be it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, not me. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and there's no end in sight. Not a cramp to be had.

But maybe some of you have more exciting things going on! Are any of you experiencing "labor is imminent" type symptoms? Cramps, mucus, lovely diarrhea?

Keep me entertained while I anxiously await my first contraction...

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 03:53 PM

Nothing here, not even BH! I didn't have one single contraction until the day before I had DS.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

Old 11-19-2008, 04:04 PM

I'm having a lot of contrax and am on bedrest and cramp bark. They're strong enough now that they soemtimes changes the shape of my belly and there's bottom pressure and cervical pain a lot of the time too. I've had diarrhea all week, which I thought might be a sign and maybe it is, but dd had it the other morning too, so maybe a stomach virus or something?

I'm really hoping to keep this guy in till Dec.!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 PM

I'm dilating, effacing, losing bits of plug, etc. and having a few contractions, but not quite ready to think labor is imminent or anything. I have noticed that the prep we've chosen (Dr. Christophers prenatal formula and EPO) is really having an effect since I wasn't this far along at 40 weeks with DD as I recall, and with ehr I had contractions on and off from 24 weeks.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM

I'm on modified "rest" and I'm going to start to get a little more active in the next week when I'm 36 weeks. I'm having BH that sound a lot like Holly's, and also a lot of cramping on and off. My mucuous plug is liquifying like it did with my previous DS. No bloody show yet. A week ago I was 80% effaced, 2cm and baby's head was at -2. After tomorrow I'l be ready... For some reason, the 36 week mark is making me feel more comfortable though since DS was born at 37 weeks with not an ounce of complications, not even jaundice. My midwife thinks I just cook 'em quickly!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namistenicole View Post
Keep me entertained while I anxiously await my first contraction...
http://www.pigvig.net/molly.html

diary of my last um 6 weeks of my last pregnancy ....

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
http://www.pigvig.net/molly.html

diary of my last um 6 weeks of my last pregnancy ....
Thanks Janis, that was awesome. I loved Molly's birth story. She was 19 days late?! Goodness. DS was 6 days past his due date, so I think I'm in for a long haul with this one.

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 PM

before Kairi was born, I had to read about all of the other mamas' effacement and dilation, and just dream about it.

when it was time for me to actually give birth, I went from NOTHING to 3cm overnight, when we got to the hospital I was at 5cm, and 30 min later I was at 7cm.

also, when I went into labor it was contractions 5 min apart immediately. I never experienced any contractions (other than BH) before labor. During actual labor they just got stronger and stronger.

so take heart! I'm kinda hoping it'll be the same way this time around, so I can get up and kinda next before the baby gets here.

right now, I get some contractions here and there, even a few painful ones. No clue about effacement or dilation -- haven't checked anything.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm not even 36 weeks yet, and I'm already quite crampy with lots of (sometimes painful and intense) BH. I'm not on any sort of bedrest, though. It would be silly. It's always been like this for me, from early on, and I've never gone especially early. In fact, my first one was in for over 41 confirmed weeks. I'm not expecting to deliver for several more weeks still, although I'm admittedly pretty uncomfy at this point.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 PM

Last week, I was thinking things were starting. I had contractions and bloody show. But then everything kinda fizzled. I am 37 weeks today and I'm ready, but I think it will still be a couple weeks. I've had diarrhea for the last 2 days and lots of contractions. But I still don't think it's time yet. I'm hoping one of these times that it turns into something. I feel like I deserve a few weeks off for good behavior. But I really want her to stay till she's fully cooked.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM

Well, there is NOTHING going on over here. I am just going to be 35 weeks tomorrow, so I'm near the end of December.

I'm one who goes from not much to complete REALLY quickly. So any internal wouldn't really mean much to me!

I usually do get a lot of prelabor contractions quite a bit before I actually kick into real labor though. So we'll see when that happens. I don't expect it until around my due date...I usually go a couple of days over even.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:51 PM

I'm at 37.5 now, and yeah, every night the contrax. start. Every blessed night.
Watery mucus, no bloody show, baby still active, just lots of prodromal labor. Some of them are intense, and they'll be 4 minutes apart, just short, and not really painful. You wonder, "Is this it?"

Then, I go to bed, manage to fall asleep, and...nothing in the morning.

I think it's going to be like this for a couple of weeks. If I tell myself that this means anything...it'll just be a huge bummer.

I can't check myself, and my midwives are pretty hands off, so I've got no idea what's going on down there.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 PM

if you're getting BH at night, it's your body telling you to slow down.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyJonah View Post
My mucuous plug is liquifying like it did with my previous DS.

What does this mean? How can you tell? I'm curious b/c with dd I didn't lose my plug until I was pushing and with ds I lost some of it around 30-weeks, but would think it should have regenerated 10-weeks later... but didn't see a bit of it before or during birth?

I tend not to think dilation tells us anything. Its completely unpredictable. And I think that too often it causes women to be discouraged or prematurly excited. I've had PTL with all of my pgs with no dilation and then gone from 0-10 in under 3 hours (talk about intense!). We're all different and our bodies will do exactly what our babies need. My mw thought I was in labor a few days ago and offered to check me but she said she wouldn't worry unless I was at least 7 cm, and I'm like, if I'm THAT far along lets hop in the tub and push this baby out! I know I'm not 7 cm! So we just decided to lay low, keep him in as long as possible, and let him come when he's ready.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Old 11-21-2008, 03:33 PM

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, and last night I had what felt like early labor contractions most of the night (strong enough to make me sleep badly). Nothing today, though. I hope it did something - I wouldn't mind a nice, quick labor when the time comes (but I'd rather that not happen before next Saturday).
Old 11-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Starting Wednesday evening I've been having a lot of low back pain & cramping, as well as some irregular contractions. I also have reduced appetite, diarhea, and some mucus-y discharge. Baby Conan has dropped several more inches, I have a big soft empty spot at the top of my belly where his butt had been pressed up against my ribs for so long. My MW was cautiously optimistic at my checkup yesterday that we are getting close. she checked my cervix and pronounced it soft & ripe, but not dialated. She could feel the pressure from his head (yeah, so can I!). She said she thought we'd have at least one more appointment before the birth, but then she scheduled me to come in on Monday instead of Weds or Friday, like I expected (Thursday being turkeyday).

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I sure would love to have my baby sooner rather than later! I'm 37.5 weeks is all, and this is my first, so I know I shouldn't really expect anything this soon. Right now I just need to keep focusing on finishing my work... and dealing with this back pain. OW!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Today my MW told me I'm next on her list in terms of due dates. Me? I'm next? Oh dear me. I really am having a baby soon...

But still, no symptoms. Although the BH have picked up a bit.

User Tag List