Thought these issues were gone in 3rd trimester - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I was past this kind of stuff by now. This morning, I was running around trying to get things ready so I could drive an hour to work, as I do every Wednesday. I was trying to eat breakfast, make coffee, get dressed, and pack up my computer gear all at the same time before ds woke up.

I don't know if it's because I took my prenatal vitamin and supplements on an empty stomach, but I suddenly felt that queasy feeling I used to get back in the 1st trimester when I let myself get too hungry. I rushed to the sink and threw up what little I had in my stomach (vitamins and water), and the coughing and retching made me lose control of my bladder (again, haven't had this problem since 2nd trimester).

So I had to go change clothes and clean up the kitchen and explain to my now-awake toddler that Mommy had an accident. I made it to work about an hour and a half late. :

Pregnancy is just a ball o' laughs some days, eh?

Mom of 2 boys: D-Mac (Feb 06) and Ducky (Dec 08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 AM

did you test your sugar? i don't know if you saw in the GD thread that i've been having a LOT of issues with hypoglycemia. i got up from doing my hypnobabies today and almost passed out. blah! the good news is that i can eat more carbs now... (but not ALL that much!)
#3 of 7 Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 AM

Hey Super,

Yeah it's a barrel of monkeys. (extreme sarcasm here)

I've had those issues non-stop since the first tri. It stinks. Especially with a three y.o. observing and saying things like, "Ewww, gross Mommy!"

And I'm thinking, "Hey, kid, I held your hand while you were coughing and throwing up and didn't complain!" I didn't say it though. She IS 3...and I'm...uh, not 3.

Hope it's just a one-time thing and not a pattern for you!
#4 of 7 Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 AM

yeah, my nausea has returned at times too. I think it's cause the baby is so big there's just not a lot of room in there for things like, oh, the REST of my organs!
#5 of 7 Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 AM

Yeah, if my tummy gets empty at all, I get nauseated, too.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#6 of 7 Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

brandyk, my blood sugar has been pretty low these last couple of weeks. I thought it was because the medicine finally kicked in. At any rate, I am trying to eat more now because I can!

Mom of 2 boys: D-Mac (Feb 06) and Ducky (Dec 08)
#7 of 7 Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Yeah, my nasuea returned full force in the third trimester I have to shower at night b/c I get so ill in the morning.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page