Cramps and that feeling like ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else have that feeling like the day or two before their period where they feel all bloaty and crampy with aches and pains?

I am only 36w 1d and really would like to hold on to babe until at least 38 weeks so I am trying to drink lots of water and eat lots of protein today, if you have any suggestions let me know.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#2 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM

Hopefully its just your cervix/uterus doing some preliminary work for ya. I definitely had "menstrual cramps" for the last month of my first pregnancy, I can't remember if I had a bloaty feeling too though.

Here's a hug. Maybe try some rescue remedy or a bath or something that will help you relax and not get too worked up about it. And, you may just be LUCKY enough to get to experience these sensations for the rest of your pregnancy, lol.
#3 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 PM

I've been having this since yesterday. Not sure if it's early labor or this baby just wants to torture me. When I went into labor with my older DS, I went into labor, and that was it!
#4 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Stay very well hydrated, up the cal/mag/D and try to lay down--alter your position. You may find they ease up a bit!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#5 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

yea, I can't hardly sit anymore it hurts my hips and butt to bad which sucks for my 8 hour a day desk job. But I am trying to get up and walk around at least once every 30 minutes to get some relief from the pain. I will keep up with the water and try to stay relaxed, thanks for the tips.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#6 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 02:47 PM

I've had that on and off. Having a little crampbark extract in a bottle of water helped a lot. My midwife also suggested a little wine, so you could try that if you feel comfortable with it. Other than that, a warm bath, plenty of fluids, and just trying to relax. Sometimes if I sit too curled up for a long time (I work on the computer and like to sit with my feet up) it can bring on contractions, and feeling nervous seems to do it, too.

ETA: Another thing - I was craving eggnog recently and looked up its nutrients on a whim - and it happens it's a good source of magnesium! :
#7 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 02:57 PM

I hope that your little one stays put for a couple of more weeks. I remember with my daughter, I woke up on the day she was born with the menstrual cramp feeling. I remember thinking "oh yeah... I remember that feeling now."
#8 of 10 Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 PM

I feel like that too, with cramps low down in my back and general discomfort all over my belly. I also have very little appetite, and diarhea. Baby has been crazy active since yesterday afternoon so as someone else said I'm not sure if this is pre-labor or just baby torture. I'm heading to my MW this afternoon for my checkup so I'm really curious to find out what she thinks of it.
#9 of 10 Old 11-21-2008, 01:34 PM

I've had that for weeks, its worse on my left side. My chiro. did a release technique on the ligament in there. She said those ligaments get really tight toward the end of pg. I've noticed that when I put pressure on the pain until it releases it really helps. Also, I can feel the baby move out from under the pain when I massage it, which makes it feel SO much better! I'm also taking cramp bark and false unicorn (for PTL), but I haven't noticed that make any difference in the cramping.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#10 of 10 Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the great advice and sympathy. Yesterday I drank about a gallon of water and today I'm on my fourth large glass, plus a large glass of oj this morning and I have had almost no cramping. So I must have been a little dehydrated, it's so wierd normally I love water and drink a ton of it but the last week it's harder to do.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page