Mucous plug...TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...I was at my moms and wiped after I went potty and it was yellow-ish, snotty, mucousy-ish...then an hour later when I got home I wiped and it was yellow-ish, the first wipe was a little chunk, then the second one was snotty...

Is this my mucous plug starting to come out? And I know not to worry...that's not what I'm doing here, I'm curious. I'm just asking bc I never saw this with DD.

And I also know that this doesn't mean the labor is imminent, it regenerates itself. I'm not getting my hopes up...although I'd love to! I've come to terms that it might be until my EDD until he decides to come out. I've stopped getting excited about every ache and pain I get.

I just had Diarhea(SP???)...haven't had that for months...hmmmm did any of you ladies have D shortly before you went into labor??
#2 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 10:26 PM

Sounds like chunks of your mucous plug. It's a good sign that your body is getting ready. So is diarrhea. I've had diarrhea all week and keep thinking I'm getting close. It's hard not to get anxious and excited at this point. I've been losing little chunks of my mucous plug for a while this time. I didn't lose it until a couple days before labor with my first 2. And I got diarrhea the day before I started labor with them. This time is totally different though.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#3 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM

LOL, this is a TMI post. I have had yellowish/white/or clear snotty thick discharge when I wipe throughout my entire pregnancy. Some days worse than others. I don't think its your mucous plug, I think its just some good ol' vaginal discharge

I didn't lose my mucous plug with my first pg, so I could be wrong, but I think its more obvious when its your mucous plug.
#4 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 PM

It could be pieces of it, but when you really start to lose it its like a giant ball-o-snot, not just a few chunks, and there is generally a bit of blood with it.

Its actually sort of amazing how large it can be. In that sort of gross fascination with a large loogie way.
#5 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 11:07 PM

Signs of progress! That's good news.
#6 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

YAY! GO me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

I just had D again...
#7 of 10 Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 PM

Well, if you were me, it would mean labor was imminent - I always had diarrhea and lost my mucous plug the within hours of starting labor. Your mileage may vary, of course...
Still, I'm a bit jealous!
#8 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Before active labor started on the day my daughter was born, I had diarrhea multiple times. And about 10 min before my water broke (still not really in labor), I lost my mucus plug. It was clear, stringy, snotty, with streaks of blood. But I know you can loose it gradually too. Progress nonetheless!

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#9 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 11:16 AM

I always clean myself out in early labor as well. LOL

Definitely if you're losing mucus plug you are dilating!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#10 of 10 Old 11-24-2008, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

I started feeling sick to my stomach last night. I haven't thrown up, and don't feel like I *need* to but I still don't feel very good. I know it's not the food I ate bc me and DH have been eating the same thing all weekend and he feels fine.

I was reading my horoscope and here is what they say:

today:it is not an ideal day for you to make any big decisions -- your thinking is fuzzy.
Overview
You don't really feel the urge to make any big decisions today -- and that might frustrate your family in a big way! You can tell that the urgency they feel is exaggerated, but good luck telling them that!

11/25:Your wishy-washy frame of mind is continuing -- expect no firm decisions today.
Overview
You're feeling a little nervous about a recent change at work -- it may be that you've got new competition that you're not sure how to deal with. Believe it or not, you've got the advantage!

11/26on't be unsure about how you will fare in a new social situation. You'll do fine.
Overview
Big news comes your way soon after you get out of bed and has you a bit off-kilter for the rest of the day. It's not all bad -- far from it -- but you may find it difficult to absorb for a while longer.

11/27:Try to avoid adding fuel to any fires that develop. Stay sweet and neutral instead.
Overview
You've got to make sure that you're not just chugging through the day without paying attention to those around you. There's a lot more going on than you realize yet, so open those eyes!

Of course I took all of these to heart and read into them thinking "baby" the entire time...so in my head I'm like " OMG! I REALLY might have a baby this week!" lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page