Weekly Chat 11/24 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hollyvangogh- did you have a baby shower recently? how did it go?

I am having a so so week, not as much pain as i was in last week and for some reason I'm sleeping much better. Althought I still wake up a few times in the middle of the night to just look around and figure out what's going on. I have an appointment on Friday to get help with the installing of my car seat, if we don't get certified before the baby comes they won't let us leave the hospital with the babe. As of today I only have 3 weeks until Due Date, it's really getting close!

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 PM

Ugh the plate is soo full today. Pies have to be made along with the makeing a freezing of other baked items to make breakfast time easier on DH and my sister who is coming and neither one of them can cook with a darn. The house is dirty and i have to get it ready to start the holiday decorating tomorrow.
The kids are home from school and that usally presents a problem with cooking and cleaning, however it is abnormally nice today and they have been outside for over 2 hours already. I hope they are willing to stay outside and play all day. the ability to play outside will soon be over.... then inside play with a new baby and 3 kids who love life way to much sometimes. AGHHHH not fun.

hotharmony--- you have to have your car seat installed and certified? is that a specifc to your area? I have never heard of that. I know there are places you can go all over the country and make sure it is installed right but having it certified is new to me. Does anyone else have to do this as well. I work with teen moms and want to make sure I give info if it is case.
#33 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 03:40 PM

I think it's something that is just my area a county law. But if it is the case you can find your local inspector to teach you how to install at this website, http://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/Index.cfm.

It's great and it's free, just make an appointment and they show you how to do it and what to look for to make sure it's properly installed and give you a certificate to show the hospital. I don't go until Friday afternoon.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#34 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotharmony View Post
hollyvangogh- did you have a baby shower recently? how did it go?
It was great! The games were a lot of fun. I got mostly clothes (which is the last thing this baby needs) but really appreciated the thought. We were able to return a *few* things and get stuff we're in need of. Some of the clothes we kept, even though we didn't need them, because they are just SO sitnkin' cute! Mostly it was just nice to have people gather to celebrate me and my baby, kwim?
#35 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 09:52 PM

so my dad told me he had to go do some more in depth tests today after having his annual physical a week or two ago. I just got off the phone with him and his doctor now has scheduled a minor heart surgery for him (to put a stint in) on the first! It kinda came out of nowhere. I mean my dad is a bit older but, still in good shape and a go-go-go workaholic with no complaints about bodily woes. The first also just happens to be his birthday.... and my due date!

If I do go into labor that day it will be at the same hospital so I feel a little better about it but, wow... just when I think my schedule is calming down a bit! It's apparently a pretty straight forward procedure so I assume everything will go well.

I also have a OB app that day...

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#36 of 59 Old 11-27-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FondestBianca View Post
so my dad told me he had to go do some more in depth tests today after having his annual physical a week or two ago. I just got off the phone with him and his doctor now has scheduled a minor heart surgery for him (to put a stint in) on the first! It kinda came out of nowhere. I mean my dad is a bit older but, still in good shape and a go-go-go workaholic with no complaints about bodily woes. The first also just happens to be his birthday.... and my due date!

If I do go into labor that day it will be at the same hospital so I feel a little better about it but, wow... just when I think my schedule is calming down a bit! It's apparently a pretty straight forward procedure so I assume everything will go well.

I also have a OB app that day...
Oh good luck to your dad on his surgery. My dad seems to pull the same stuff with me- "oh and by the way..." like an afterthought. I'm glad it is a simple procedure for him, what a way to spend your birthday though!

Anyway, just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
:
#37 of 59 Old 11-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Good luck to your dad Bianca! I know it sounds scary, but a stent is actually a very simple procedure if the blockage is small, and I assume it is. He should be just fine . But my goodness, what a bomb to drop at this time! I remember my dad called me out of the blue one day a couple of years ago and asked if I could arrange to drive him home from the hospital the following day because he was having surgery on his arm and it turned out they were putting him all the way out and he wouldn't be able to drive, and my mom was out of town. I was like WHAT??? It turned out not to be a big deal at all, but I had no idea he was even having trouble with his arm!
#38 of 59 Old 11-27-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

It's DH's birthday today. He's 25!

The other day we watched Beauty and the Beast (which came out when I was a girl). I realized something that made us both feel a little weird...we're *older* than the characters! I mean, we grew up watching this movie and Belle and the Beast were SO much older than us, kwim? Now we're older than them! Weird.

No Thanksgiving meal for us. I want turkey, and stuffing, and PIE! *sigh* Oh well...we can't afford it. At least we got to have all that stuff (at a friend's place) for Canadian Thanksgiving last month. I can certainly be thankful for that!

My birthday is next week! I got two cards today. One had a $50 check from my Grandparents. I want so bad to spend it on something fun and selfish, but we can't afford to do that this year, still too much stuff to get for the baby and the usual expenses (groceries, utilities, etc.) to take care of.

Did I mention that DH dislocated his shoulder and chipped the bone at work? He has to be in a sling for two weeks (he's about halfway there). He's trying to find some part time work that he can do during December and once he's taking classes in January.

I can't believe how many of us are having babies already! It's so weird to think I'm going to be a mom soon! Ack!
#39 of 59 Old 11-27-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
It's DH's birthday today. He's 25!

The other day we watched Beauty and the Beast (which came out when I was a girl). I realized something that made us both feel a little weird...we're *older* than the characters! I mean, we grew up watching this movie and Belle and the Beast were SO much older than us, kwim? Now we're older than them! Weird.
Oh my god, Beauty and the Beast came out the year I graduated from high school. Talk about feeling old!!!!! :
#40 of 59 Old 11-27-2008, 09:44 PM

I don't think I was ever younger than Belle. I have to go back to like Cinderella before they were older than me when I saw them. Does that make you feel younger Holly? (it sure makes me feel older )

Good luck to your dad Tracy....it will be sort of funny if he's still in the hospital when you give birth, you can visit between floors.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving (well at least the Americans...everyone else I hope it was a nice day too!)
#41 of 59 Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 PM

hotharmony....
thanks for the link. We have someone who offers to install of for the teens I work with, the problem we face with the teens and the at risk women I work with is they do not own cars. Most of them bum rides or use public transportaion (which by the way realy sucks around here...I could take the bus to the zoo with my kids but I would have to walk 1 mile up a hill to a bus stop than a bus only comes to every hour and then ride for 2 hours and 3 bus changes to get to a zoo that is 15 mins away...sooo not worth it)
I will check out the link and give my programs the contact info!!

off to clean house and start putting up christmas decor...better get it started while I still can...at least I can kick the kids out of the house again..a nice day again...when is winter coming??????
#42 of 59 Old 11-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Are you guys all out shopping?
We're Canadians, living in Canada, but we have one American friend, which somehow means that our group of friends has a big American Thanksgiving every year. Usually, it's better than Canadian Thanksgiving, because people are around and available more than for the Canadian version. So, there were a bunch of people at our house last night. It was fun. I made apple cider, that's it! DH made some pumpkin pies, and people brought heaps of yummy stuff, and when they left, most of the dishes were done. I'm a fan. All major holidays should proceed in this fashion. I hope you guys all had an equally relaxing time.
Current thoughts for the day - are you still having weird dreams? Mine had tapered off, but seem to be back with a vengeance. Last night I dreamed that somehow, instead of coming out of my vagina, this baby missed and descended down my leg. Like, under the skin, all the way to my ankle. I could kind of slowly coax him back up, but then I had to hold him there. No one else seemed at all concerned, but I was really worried about the location of my uterus. Weird, weird, weird. When I was in the thick of my midwifery studies, I used to have these vivid, intense birth dreams. They were always really, really accurate, and I was always the attendant, not the birthing mother. Pregnancy seems to have brought out all the weird and none of the accurate.
Babe's new skill is bracing his feet against my back and his bum/back against the front of my belly and PUSHING, hard. Holy. This went on for a good ten minutes this morning. My arm was actually tired from pushing back! I feel bad, actually, that I was using so much force. I really hope I didn't hurt him. At the time, it just felt like I was exerting an equal or slightly lesser force against his little rear end, but if my arm was tired, I must have been pushing harder. Poor little thing. I feel like a bad mom when I think about it too much. It was painful though, and really felt like he might break me! I told him that if he wants to do things like that, it's time to come out! Not sure how effective that tactic might be.

For greater things are yet to come...

#43 of 59 Old 11-28-2008, 08:19 PM

thank you for any well wishes for my dad. I'm sure all will be fine.

So I went in for my non stress test this morning. Got up really early, woke up sick (with a head cold) for the third time in the last 6 weeks, got dd up (luckily dh didnt have to go to work until later this morning so he could help get dd ready), and I headed in to the hospital for my test. Got there only to be told children aren't allowed in the room so I'd need someone to watch dd. Dh had to go to work so that wasn't really an option so there I stood in the hallway outside the suite trying to think of someone to call who wasn't at work, bogged down with layers of clothing, a coat, my giant purse, junk falling out of my hands, and dd asking me whats going on... and crying. I hate crying and do it very seldom so it took a lot for me to allow it in the middle of a public place. So I just sat in the hall for awhile, forced myself to stop crying so I wouldn't end up with makeup everywhere, comforted dd that yes, mommy was fine.

I remembered that my best pal is off work till monday due to thanksgiving so I called her and woke her up. She was happy to come down and help but I felt bad for waking her up and asking her to hobble out on her broken foot and help me. So, she showed up and I went in for my non stress. Baby had some decellerations and wasn't very active so they had me wait around to do an ultrasound. So back out to the waiting room to make sure dd was being good for my pal and to see if she could stay longer because, surprise, kids arent' allowed into the ultrasound room either.

So I go and do the ultrasound and all the while my blood pressure remains high (the reason I had to do the test in the first place). They make sure I have enough fluid then send me out to leave after calling my doc. Then they come out and say that they forgot to tell my doc about the problems during the non stress test and that I should wait for a minute. So I wait with my pal and dd in the waiting room only for them to come out and say, "we need to do another ultrasound to check some more things."

So I wait, then I go in and have another ultrasound. Baby isn't being active enough to practicing his breathing enough to pass the ultrasound markers so I have to wait for the doc to come in and try it. So he comes in forever later and does get little ds to perform what he needs to allow me to go home and avoid being sent upstairs and admitted.

So finally, 5 HOURS after arriving in the hospital parking lot I leave. If my blood pressure can't behave and my kiddo keeps failing his non stress tests (I now have 2 scheduled for next week... ugh), and my body doesn't start preparing for labor I'm on my way to my worst fear, ANOTHER induction. I really can't deal with an induction.... so I need to go into labor quick before my blood pressure has a chance to go up and my baby has a chance to get too stressed out in there.

So I came home, took a nice warm bath with dd, put her for a nap, and now I think I'll take a nap too. Oh yah and I finally figured out why my supposed carpel tunnel has made it's way up my arms and has been leaving me with tingling fingers, hands, and arms all day long.... blood pressure. Oh yah, and it also explains my blurry vision at the end of the day and the little floaters in my line of sight that leave me squinting and squeezing my eyes closed.... blood pressure.

I'm 39 weeks 4 days.... and really warn out.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#44 of 59 Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 PM

oh, tracy that blows.
im really glad that they are being so careful with you but that is an ordeal and no wonder your BP is up!!! i am praying that it all goes well and you can relax and go into labor naturally. big big hugs.
#45 of 59 Old 11-29-2008, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just finished my novel for National Novel Writing Month. phew!

I had fallen way behind, but caught up in the past three days or so and finished tonight with a day to spare! I'm proud of myself. I have issues finishing most of the things I start. So it was really important to me to prove to myself that I could do it.
#46 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
I just finished my novel for National Novel Writing Month. phew!

I had fallen way behind, but caught up in the past three days or so and finished tonight with a day to spare! I'm proud of myself. I have issues finishing most of the things I start. So it was really important to me to prove to myself that I could do it.
Congratulations! I know (secondhand ) how much work that is! Good for you
#47 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 01:11 PM

Congrats, Holly! You're the woman! What's it about?
#48 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkat View Post
Babe's new skill is bracing his feet against my back and his bum/back against the front of my belly and PUSHING, hard. Holy.
OMG that is exactly what is going on with me. Only now my belly is bruised Even when I touch it from the outside on one particular spot, it is SO tender. I was kind of concerned so I called my midwife on Wednesday night, then again on Friday. But it doesn't seem like anything else is wrong so I guess I'm just hoping this baby comes out soon!

Tracy-I'm so sorry for all the craziness! I hope everything gets and stays in check for you.

We got home last night after being gone for three days. Spent T-day and the night at my mom's, the next day my sister and I went out shopping, but just to one store. I actually only ended up buying one gift and a bunch of groceries! They had organic eggnog Then we went to my ILs and spent the day and night, had another T-day dinner. Then Saturday spent the day at my sister's where we had our family reunion...lots of cousins, a new baby and everyone asking about when I'm due, whoa-you're having a homebirth!, that's crazy, you're so brave, Finally got home at 9pm last night.

Now my brother and his wife are coming to visit today for a bit and there goes the whole four-day weekend! Quite possibly the last one before baby arrives.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#49 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM

organic eggnog!!!! YUM!!!! when i have this babe (and maybe even one before) i am sitting down by the fireplace with a gorgeous eggnog and brandy.

woke up this morning to find hubby was up all night setting up the whole nursery, linens washed, put on, curtains, changing table, everything. the carseat and carseat stroller all put together. he bought the most wonderful big maurice sendak print for the nursery. i just cried.
#50 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swandira View Post
Congrats, Holly! You're the woman! What's it about?
It's realistic, religious fiction about a young pregnant mama who loses her husband unexpectedly.

It's also complete drivel.

NaNoWriMo is all about quantity over quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollycat View Post
woke up this morning to find hubby was up all night setting up the whole nursery, linens washed, put on, curtains, changing table, everything. the carseat and carseat stroller all put together. he bought the most wonderful big maurice sendak print for the nursery. i just cried.
That is SO sweet! Can you post pictures, PLEASE?! :

I finally got my diaper bag today (apparently during the holiday season Canada Post delivers 7 days a week, who knew ). It's beautiful (and huge)! I'm so excited to start using it!
#51 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM

I slept the entire night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has never happened this pg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fell asleep about 11pm and woke up this morning at 12:30 pm, with only getting up to pee and get a few snacks...then right back to sleep! YAY ME!!!!! I do feel better, but I'm just so exhausted that it only caught me up a little bit. BUT I'M SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I get up or move my hips...they POP. lol Relaxin is amazing. lol A little TOO amazing in my case. My PSD is bothering me pretty bad...but I take it as a great sign that my body is working to do what it needs to get this baby out..that is if he EVER comes out.

I think I'm going to be pg forever. No really...I am.

Trying to get my baby shower thank you's finished and mailed out...just need to find envelopes now.

I turned 37 weeks on friday YAY! My belly button is SO TENDER! And bruised...you can actually SEE the blue and yellow of the bruises. Every time I either rub or scratch my belly, I have a ctx...???

My feet...turned in to my legs. I'm a footless wonder now...

Knuckles on my hands...I had those? Where'd they go? Wedding ring...yeah right. Jawline...wha?? I could fly away with my underarm chicken wings...if I weren't so fat.
#52 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on a full night's sleep Jen! I'm jealous!

I am getting all itchy again...and my pelvis is being a pain in the...well, pelvis actually.

And I am leaking like CRAZY!!!
#53 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Congrats on a full night's sleep Jen! I'm jealous!

I am getting all itchy again...and my pelvis is being a pain in the...well, pelvis actually.

And I am leaking like CRAZY!!!
I'm itchy like CRAZY too! I guess it's bc the weather is colder and dryer lately.

And thank you and the congrats! Don't be TOO jealous...that never happens to me. I'm sure I'll be up all night tonight! I need to find a game or something to get me tired...hmmm

Congrats on the book! I LOVE reading!
#54 of 59 Old 11-30-2008, 07:08 PM

We went to walmart last night, I got a box of Golden Grahams:....they are gone. I just ate the entire box....
#55 of 59 Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM

jennifer! were ya hungry?

I've been eating tons this past week, too. I don't feel like I'm anywhere near ready to have this baby. (which is fine by me) Hasn't dropped. I haven't reached the point where I can't breathe, either - both previous times, I seriously couldn't sleep for a couple weeks because I couldn't breathe.

I would dearly love to have some peace & quiet right now, but both kids are in here blabbering ... "look at my 3" "how do you spell would" ... it's sooooooo hard to wake up in the morning, and I can't have a coke or anything that would be a crutch.

I ***am*** tired, though. I've been napping about an hour every day. I'm sooooooo busy. I am almost finished with my kitchen. Need to have it finished by DD's birthday party on Saturday. I cleaned out 2 closets last week, though - and it's shocking how much crap was in them! Almost all our cleaning supplies & rags are in a closet, instead of on the stairs ... we sold our spare fridge, which had been in the closet for 5 years & made a ton of space! And, now we have a place to put coats & wrapping paper, and we even hung a gadget on the wall to hang up broom & mop. Our housekeeper will flip when she opens them on Sat! Still have a few boxes of junk to sort through, but that project is almost done.

We started making the piñata last night ... gotta finish the first layer today! It's going to be a disco ball.

ok - my brain is mush
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#56 of 59 Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM

DH's grandma is dying. She lives about 3 hours away, so there is no way I could go to any service. They are actually "planning" something for Friday - that's seriously depressing. I was hoping she'd be able to meet our baby. DH might go for the service, but that really screws things up here - DD is having a birthday party on Sat. How selfish am I?

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#57 of 59 Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 PM

So sorry to hear about your dh's grandma, Janis. That is so sad. Here's a big hug for you.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#58 of 59 Old 12-01-2008, 11:10 PM

Omi died at 5:30 today. I knew she was sick, but I didn't know how sick. They're having the funeral on Friday, so DH is planning to go. I need him close to home because I'll be 38 weeks on thursday - I don't think labor is imminent, but you never know. My 2 dd's were born after less than 8 hours of labor from first contraction. We have a sibling preparation class on Friday at 5:00, and I'm not looking forward to doing that by myself (I don't like to drive, especially at night). He promised he'd be home for it, but still ...

in good news, we got our car seat today! It is the Peg Perego Viaggia, the only one that will fit 3 across in our car ... and, of course, the most expensive choice. It's lime green with bubbles ... and they only had the floor model left in that color. We asked for a discount, and got it! Now, I'll just wash the cover and be all ready.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#59 of 59 Old 12-02-2008, 12:11 AM

Aww sympathies on Omi, Janis, I think you'll hold off til hubby is home.

Every night I'm getting wicked strong braxton hicks, they are really powerful but somehow just still only seem like Braxton Hicks. I don't think they are doing anythign but I'm hopeful they might eventually KWIM?

I had an NST today, it was fine. I have an US on Friday too. Watching baby due to the GD mostly, I'm a little nervous about how much they are "checking" but I don't want to not be checked either, balance is tough to maintain. I don't think we are going into labor for at least another couple of weeks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page