#1 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is from the last chat thread re: Twilight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody'smomma View Post
How was it?
It was OK. My ticket was a gift. I think if I had paid to see it I would have been disappointed. I'd wait until it comes to the dollar theatre or DVD. It's not as good as the book (which is to be expected) but it's not bad either (though it gets a little cheesy in parts). The cinematography is really pretty though. I think the next two will be better.
#2 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 08:01 PM

oops confusing, two going at once
#3 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivaelona View Post
oops confusing, two going at once
What? I can't find another weekly chat for this week, just for last week. Where is it?
#4 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 09:01 PM

Okay I'm joining in here ladies, I'm bored and want a baby!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#5 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 PM

I just made bread in the bread machine it was sooo good, I had three big pieces with tons of butter, in addition to the half of cheese pizza I had. . . anyone else feeling huge and unattractive?!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#6 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
anyone else feeling huge and unattractive?!
YES!

I've gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy, and I've got a double chin going on. Plus my acne has gotten worse rather than better.
#7 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Definitely feeling huge and unattractive, have gained about 50# and I wasn't small to start with. And everyone keeps saying, you don't look like you've gained anything (other than the babe). ha ha ha... and how does dh still find me attractive? and the acne... sucks, I've NEVER had acne, now its just one after another... someone please tell me I'll be normal again?

On the positive end: my nails are AWESOME!

Lea RN, Wife to Josh (5 years), Mama to DS1 (19 mos)
#8 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 10:26 PM

Girls and I spent a chaotic day jumping from one project to another. I've been trying to get rid of stuff and encourage them to clean up stuff ... had to practically put a fire under DD1 to get her to finish her invitations to her birthday party. She was in denial about how close it is: 2 weeks! yikes! That means we need to get her piñata started asap!

In my push to get rid of stuff, I'm trying to sell things on a local parents' forum, and I think I have a buyer for our plastic climb/slide thing, as well as the mini fridge & upright freezer! Yay!! But now, I have to finish cleaning the freezer ... oops. A can of coke exploded in it months ago, and then we packed it full of crap and ice during Ike, and I've emptied about a third of it so far. We borrowed a generator a couple hours a day during the aftermath, so the freezer stayed cold enough to not get messed up, but there is still stuff in it that needs to get gotten rid of (we compost, and there are plastic freezer containers that have to be emptied, hence the time-consuming nature of the project). As soon as I clean it, I can invite the prospective buyer over to look, but not until then!!!

The weather has turned warm again ... crazy stuff. Kids are in the bathtub. I have a mw appt tomorrow. I dearly hope I didn't gain too much weight this time. I'm almost 37 weeks - I wonder if I have to do the GBS test tomorrow. Probably. We skipped our birth class tonight due to babysitter dilemma, so I'm dreading facing mw about that tomorrow, too.

g'nite!
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#9 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck cleaning that freezer Janis! I hate projects like that.

Dh and I just watched Hairspray for the first time. SO cute! The girl that plays Tracy is so pretty (though I don't like the bleach streaks they did in her hair).
#10 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 11:07 PM

My midwife had a hysterectomy today I met with the backup midwife for my prenatal... eh. I'm choosing to test for gbs and she basically told me that if I'm + when I go into labor that she'll want me to take the abx b/c of CYA issues on her part. She is willing to work with me beforehand with more natural methods and retest, but it really put me off. Plus I have no connection with her. I wasn't planning on a doula, but am now trying to contact knowledgeable women I know to see if they'd be willing to be my doula- I want someone I know and trust at my birth! Hopefully my midwife will be back on her feet soon! But I was really hoping to have this baby early!!!

I also went to see Twilight this weekend. I liked it,although I agree there was a bit of cheese going on in some scenes. The one thing that drove me nuts in the book was the main character's constant lamenting about how she wasn't good enough for Edward- I mean talk about low self esteem, it was totally overboard; and they didn't even go there in the movie, which I think was great for all the young girls that will be watching it.

My ankles have gone missing... has anyone seen them?
#11 of 59 Old 11-24-2008, 11:23 PM

Feeling unatractive...no not realy, a little slow and unable to remember anything, spell even the simplest words, and speak in complete sentences and phrases that make sence....that is where you got me.
I have the whole acne thing too. Talk about self esteem issue. I have worse skin than the teens I deal with. I spoke about pregnancy/labor with a HS class last week and I had the worse skin. I told the girls that not all women have the "glow" some get ance really bad...maybe that will keep them from getting pregnant.
I have not gained a single pound this time around and my mom does not belive me, she thinks I am just going to blow up in the last two weeks. She has always made a comment or two about my weight when pregnant and I think it is driving her nuts that I have not gained any weight.
I made bread last week and ate one of the two loafs my self, then half the choc. chip pumkin muffins too. I use freshly milled flour and one would think with the amount of fiber and protein I would not be able to eat that much..but man it is like an empty pit..I can not get enough food.....maybe mom is right..maybe I will blow up in the next two weeks.... well she is not here so she will never know....
#12 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 02:12 AM

Hmmm... with all the hype about that movie, I thought it would have been better. Guess I should have known...

Had a midwife appt today, I'm GBS negative. Yay! I'm 38 weeks today. So if you showed trace amounts of protein in your urine, what would that mean? I check my own pee at the office and it looked like it may have been off color a bit when compared to the test strip, but I didn't say anything because I wanted to find out what it meant first before alerting the midwife. Don't want any unnecessary interventions or anything!

Other than that, just trying to keep my house clean enough or shall I say straightened enough so that when I do go into labor it's not a disaster.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#13 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
"Trace" protein is really normal, especially at the end. Not really anything to worry about. Says my midwife, after I nearly gave myself a heart attack when I saw the faint green outline to that little yellow square.

I tried to suck up the pubic symphisis pain today and went out for a night time wander with DH and the dogs. It's like a winter wonderland out there, and uncommonly warm for this time of year. It was beautiful. But on the way home, I was nearly in tears. Not tired, not out of breath, feeling great, except that my crotch was going to break. It hasn't really gotten better since we've been home either. I have a whole new appreciation for what Sage went through with her pregnancy!
Also feeling huge and unattractive (and still dealing with some skin uglies too) over here. I ran in to a friend I hadn't seen in awhile today, and she told me that my face has "really filled out". Great. Thanks. She wasn't being unkind or anything, but it still sucks. *But*, I've been having period-like cramps and am steadily dialating. I know that doesn't mean much, but I'm choosing to hope that it means I may not go massively post-dates with this child (36w3d today). I would *love* to have this baby before Christmas and the arrival of our guests. And I can't wait to get out skijoring again. I could probably go now, but I don't feel very secure on skis behind a dog or two at this point. I don't usually fall, but this belly throws off the balance a bit hey? I'm a bit fearful of a massive wipeout!

Janis - do you have plans to sit on your butt and do nothing but be catered to once this babe arrives?! You seem so busy!! I am in awe.

For greater things are yet to come...

#14 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
YES!

I've gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy, and I've got a double chin going on. Plus my acne has gotten worse rather than better.
my second chin is back too. :

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#15 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinAK View Post

My ankles have gone missing... has anyone seen them?
They ran away with mine. Honest...I tried to get them to come back but they pointed and laughed in my face...
#16 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 03:06 AM

39 weeks today. been cranky the last 2 days... and my cat went into heat : : : Luckily I called today and the vet is going to be accomidating and take her tomorrow for spay. I've never had a female cat make it unspayed to their first heat and I really have no interest to find out if they spray or leak or do anything else nasty. I certainly didn't want a cat yowling all night in the house with a newborn at home and all of us trying to get some sleep. So, it shall be done tomorrow! Unfortunatly I have to get up by 7 to get her there on time... thats early.

Dh, dd, and I are having out own little thanksgiving tomorrow evening. Doing the big family dinner on thursday. We'll be having a freerange, organic, turkey that was just buchered today, crockpot candied yams with marshmellows, mashed red potatoes with mushroom gravy, sweet corn, homemade rasberry pie, pumpkin pie bites (little miniture pumpkin pies with sour cream topping), and honey rolls. It shall be tasty!... then i'll have to do dishes, grrrrrr.

In addition to the dinner and taking the cat in for spay I also have bible study in the morn (ask me how weird that is being that I don't attend actual church service and I'm not even Christian ), and an OB checkup now that my doc is back from his vacation to trukey!

#17 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
They ran away with mine. Honest...I tried to get them to come back but they pointed and laughed in my face...
I especially love the huge dent my socks leave that seem to last hours after I've taken my socks off for the day. They are so bad that one time I was shaving my legs in my dark shower, not realizeing how bad the dent was from swelling that the razor dipped down so low in the dent that I cut myself. Thats just sad.

#18 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 AM

Today was our 7th anniversary . We went out for a nice dinner at a tiny, local gourmet Mexican restaurant where I had shrimp in a mole verde sauce with garlic rice and fried plantains and dh had a top sirloin steak on top of a cheese enchilada with a chocolate-chipotle sauce. It was amazing .

I'm very excited because a good friend of mine is coming over tomorow for a visit. She moved to England three years ago to get married and I haven't seen her in two years since the last time she visited. I can't wait to see her again! :
#19 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 AM

My ankles don't look swollen really but I get that sock dent really badly, and if DH doesn't rub my ankles at night I just feel really weird and achy all over. I guess I should feel lucky that it doesn't show much, but I think I want it to so I get the sympathy.

The baby's head is pressing somehow on the inside of my butt and it really aches in this weird way and keeps making me have some light low back contractions. Nothing that I think is going to get anything started, but its uncomfortable. I desperately want to get my cerclage out (tomorrow I do) so that I can just be ready to go into labor wheneever I do, even though I think I'm likely to go to term (three more weeks) anyway, I just want to feel like he can come out when he's ready to, because man, I feel ready to have the inside of my body back!

Happy anniversary Shelby!

Tracy did you just want to give your cat a lecture about how she really doesn't want to get knocked up? "Just look at me kitty, sure those boys look cute but look what they lead to!" I hope her spaying goes easily.

I have to take my son to the dentist for the first time today, I'm nervous.
#20 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 12:39 PM

I have missing ankles too! lol I hate it! No matter what I do my feet swell...

I've had protein in my urine nearly the whole pregnancy, not a lot, just the first step up from negative. The MW hasn't been concerned as my swelling isn't too bad and my BP has been good... well knock on wood it is still good. My Dad checked my BP with his machine this weekend and it was way high for me, am hoping it comes up normal at my appointment today. :

I'm getting insanely anxious and I have at least a good month left before LO comes. lol She is so active in there trying to escape constantly pushing on my stomach and giving me shots, letting me know she is getting squished and not happy about it.

My shower is this coming weekend... I'm so excited, then I can finally go through my checklists and get everything in order. I can't wait to wash everything. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#21 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkat View Post
Janis - do you have plans to sit on your butt and do nothing but be catered to once this babe arrives?! You seem so busy!! I am in awe.
Sadly, I don't even know "how" to sit around and do nothing. But I guess I'm looking forward to being forced to sit still with a nursing baby! I'm trying to resist the urge to do lots of computer stuff now, so I won't be totally bored. I do my best web-design-work when I've got a newborn! I also plan to stay busy with some genealogical research & some more homeschooling work with the girls, since we've pretty much done nothing lately ...

I do need to slow down now, though, and relax more until the baby comes ... well, after I finish putting the kitchen back together and arrange for new flooring and decorate for Christmas and after DD1's birthday party ... and I need to finish the snapfish photo album I started before it expires!

EEk!

My ankles are swelling, too, and the compression hose I got for free are not helping enough. Depending on how I feel this afternoon, we may go to the mw appt early today and buy some "stronger" ones. The ones that aren't CHEAP. <sigh> This baby better stay IN long enough to make it worth the expense!

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#22 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

I've had trace protein in my urine for the past few months when I test. My MW usually chalks it up to being hungry and/or not eating enough protein. As long as your BP stays low and normal its just one of those things...

So many things to feel worried about, considering there are so many variations on normal, part of me wishes I would have just UP'd and not done any of the testing. I'm waiting for my GBS results right now.

I can't believe I'm going to have a baby in a month. I'm about two weeks away from when I had ds. WEIRD. Last night though, as I sat in my messy living room with my family I thought, I could have the baby tonight and it would be okay. I'm really relaxed about it all this time. I just feel so NOT worked up, its quite nice actually. My family, on the other hand, is kinda freakin' about the possibility that I could have a UC. So, I told my sis that I will not discuss my birth plans with her or anyone anymore and if she wants to discuss it she can call my MW! Ha! Its the only way I think I'll survive Thanksgiving No one can talk to me about birth...love making little rules like that, LOL!!!!
#23 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 01:31 PM

I finally met my new midwife this morning, my appointment went well and she's awesome She has a very laid-back, hands-off philosophy, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm SO glad I switched practices, she's definitely a midwife and not a medwife

DH came to my appointment this morning too, she had him feel how the baby is positioned in my uterus right now and I could feel where her head is, it was pretty neat. Baby is about 5 pounds right now, unless she has a big growth spurt the MW thinks she'll be around 7-7 1/2 pounds when she's born. My GBS test came back negative, so no antibiotics and I'm cleared to labor at home as long as I want before coming to the hospital.

I'm feeling much better about giving birth in the hospital.. last night was our second class at the hospital, the information's not really anything new to me but it's been good to get a feel for what their standard protocol is. They do intermittent monitoring, one of the four labor rooms has a tub and otherwise there's a shower available, they have birth balls, they encourage you to move around as much as you can, they advocate changing positions while pushing and warm washcloths on the perineum to prevent tearing.. there was even a sticker on the wall in the labor ward that said "Birth is not an illness". There's a nursery but they prefer that you keep the baby with you and they'll do all the exams and everything in the room. Assuming everything goes well, I'll have the option to go home instead of staying in the hospital. Even though I really wanted a homebirth, it seems like I'll have close to a homebirth experience here.
#24 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM

Lauren710 that sounds amazing! Even for a hospital! LOL. I'm glad that you got as close to a HB as you could! COngrats!
#25 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 PM

re: selling stuff. i highly encourage it! i got my act together and sold a bunch of things that i'd wanted to craigslist since this summer. the $200 bucks i made isn't chump change! i am calling it reverse nesting or something.

on thurs it will be 2 weeks since i went on leave (we have a generous pre-baby disability policy - california) and i tell you i feel SO much better just getting away from working and getting to reset myself to not being a crazy do everything woman. i've been pretty happy hanging out with DH (on unemployment, aka paid paternity leave!!) and relaxing and doing my hypnobabies we've got it pretty good but i CAN'T WAIT until baby comes!
#26 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 07:13 PM

I got a haircut!! Carmen didn't know I was pregnant, so she was a little surprised when I showed up. It always feels so very nice to have a haircut. I'll get some belly shots tonight.

climb/slide is being purchased next week, yay!
mini-fridge maybe tomorrow!!
upright - well, that depends on how soon I can clean it out - I had an interested party, but she wants a smaller one, not the jumbo that we have.

Got my diaper pail today! I've always been able to get one at Target, but they stopped selling my preferred size, so I've been stressed trying to find one. Lowe's had them, thank goodness. We also got a rosemary Christmas tree for the girls' bedroom and a poinsettia. It's rather odd for me to be in the Christmas decorating spirit - you'd have to know me to understand that.

I got my sewing machine out last night to do something, and it was broken. I was very upset about it. Took it to repair today, and it will be ready tomorrow, for only $79! I'm still aggravated that it's broken, but now maybe I can finish some projects. At least I didn't find out on Thursday that it wasn't working!

I'm looking forward to cooking on Thursday. DH & I traditionally stay home for thanksgiving and try to have friends join us. Mostly because I despise spending a day around food that I never liked ... we've tried to find veg feasts, but the ones we've found have been disappointing. This year, it's just us & my brother - but I invited people from several internet groups I hang out on. One woman will be joining us! That's great - but no kids for our DD's to play with - well, if you don't count my brother, that is!

DH is on his way home so we can go to mw appt altogether.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#27 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 10:58 PM

mw told me I have to lie down in the afternoons for at least 20 mins.

My bp was slightly elevated, about what it was at 40 weeks with last pg (born at 42w5). Possibly due to not drinking enough and being on my feet ALL day long today.

I have gained 8 pounds in the past 4 weeks. She's also not thrilled with that. I think that I'm eating pretty well, but I don't want to keep gaining like this.

After the appt, we gorged ourselves on chinese food. : Just got home.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#28 of 59 Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
:
I have gained 8 pounds in the past 4 weeks. She's also not thrilled with that. I think that I'm eating pretty well, but I don't want to keep gaining like this.

--janis
I forgot to weigh myself yesterday at my mw appt, so stepped on my accupuncturist's scale today- I've gained like 10 pounds in the last month! (I haven't weighed myself in a while, cause my last appt was at home and we don't have a scale). ugh, that puts me at about 50? total pounds gained... yikes!! I'm really glad my bp is so low, otherwise with the swelling of my legs and this weight I'd be concerned about pre-e.

I have not been eating that well- dinner I'm usually good about, it's just the rest of the day

Still working on the who the h#$! is going to be at my birth, calling local doulas and other birth knowledgeable people I know. I'm trying to be ok with the uncertainty. The universe sure has a good way of messing with me and my control issues.
#29 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 AM

so I went to see my doc today....

although my body had started to do something 3 or 4 weeks ago it apparently hasn't done anything since :

I mean, I kinda want this kid to cook in there longer but, I was pretty used to the idea of going a wee bit early of my due date and now... well, pretty much knowing I'll still be sitting here pregnant next monday when I turn 40 weeks is kinda dissappointing.

just to throw a glitch in things my blood pressure decided to be elevated today.... before they told me I'd go past due. After laying down for awhile it was still up a bit. So now I'm off to have a non stress test on firday. that was the clincher in my last pregnancy that sent me in for an induction. Granted, last time I had problems all along and this time has been pretty darn good but, still... it's familiar terriotory I'd rather not visit again. blah.

so... I guess I'm good. I was again dissappointed at bible study today. I'm trying so darn hard but, sometimes it just has to be difficult. I guess I'm supposed to learn something but my "erk meter" goes off often and I find it hard to relax and look for my lessons. My cat should have had her surgery by now. Dd has been asking where her Baby Zukes is all day long. I'd been telling her her kitty went to the doctor and didn't realize that could be confusing until we walked into the exam room at my OB appointment today. Dd, looked from one side of the room to the other then said in a slightly puzzled voice, "wheres Baby zukes? she went to docker? where she go?". At that point I had to back track and tell her, "she went to see a kitty doctor, not a people doctor". Then my doctor who had just entered the room informed us that he once delivered a goat but, that was about as close as he came to being an animal doctor. He went on to say that he didn't do a very good job and was glad he didn't need mal practice insurance for the goat delivery... because there would have surely been a lawsuit. :

i swear, I'm the first one due in december but, gonna be the last one to have a baby.

#30 of 59 Old 11-26-2008, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

OK...loved the goat story!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page