EW, to the EW max! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I go to brush my teeth just now and...my toothbrush is in the car...we packed all my stuff yesterday just in case. I guess we forgot to get my toiletries out.

SO............I had to use DH's Toothbrush bc I'm too lazy to go out to the car to get my stuff.

Have any of ya'll had to do this??

OR...tell us the yuckiest thing you've had to use that were other peoples... feel free to *edit* where you think we might toss our cookies.
#2 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 10:17 AM

Honestly, that wouldn't gross me out at all. If he's your DH you likely already kiss him...right? How different is that really? You're already sharing germs and most likely you're already immune to anything that he has.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#3 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 AM

I'd share if I had too...my DH would be the one more squigged out about it than me though. I just bought a toothbrush for a buck to put in my hospital bag.

Julie, wife and mother. I love my little ones: DS ::Corbin Randall---6/06 and DD :Morgan Reese 12/08.
#4 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 AM

I've done it by mistake before, and it totally grosses me out. Yeah, I kiss him, but the toothbrush is a whole other level.
#5 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 11:42 AM

accidentally done that
But, on my own level of grossness, it doesn't bother me *tooooo* much.

I've got his sperm inside me, ya know.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#6 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmagoo View Post
I've done it by mistake before, and it totally grosses me out. Yeah, I kiss him, but the toothbrush is a whole other level.
This! Total mistake and it has a huge ick factor for me! Or...when he gets up for work before us all and is long gone...then I get up to brush my teeth and realize MY toothbrush is wet already well that grosses me out SO bad!

#7 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 06:40 PM

doesn't gross me out at all. We kind of have a community toothbrush drawer and just grab the closest one.: We are rarely sick so i guess it isn't that big of a deal.
When dh wears his socks or underwear 2 days in a row. That grosses me out.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#8 of 16 Old 11-28-2008, 09:58 PM

Janis

I have friends that this bothers, too, but it doesn't make a difference to me. I routinely use his toothbrush if I forget to take mine into the shower with me.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#9 of 16 Old 11-29-2008, 02:34 AM

I don't like to do it and see the ick factor, but I have done it. And I know that if dh can't find his, he will use mine. It's something I could live without, but I'm not that grossed out about it.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#10 of 16 Old 11-29-2008, 04:50 AM

I used DH's by accident once and it grossed me out, which actually surprised me, because I have no problem eating after him or kissing him, etc.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#11 of 16 Old 11-29-2008, 06:21 AM

I've had a bit of a cockroach problem, and the worst toothbrush related incident I've had is when I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, only to see a roach "nibbling" away at my toothbrush! Needless to say I threw the thing out right away :! I would rather share a toothbrush with a guy than with a cockroach any day

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#12 of 16 Old 11-29-2008, 10:37 AM

That would gross me out, but more b/c DH stores his toothbrush head down in the holder (where all the grimey stuff accumlates) instead of head up so it can dry out better.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#13 of 16 Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
Honestly, that wouldn't gross me out at all. If he's your DH you likely already kiss him...right? How different is that really? You're already sharing germs and most likely you're already immune to anything that he has.
It's diff bc that's his PLAQUE and gross teeth stuff.. when we kiss I'm not scraping his teeth...just his spit and tongue LMBO!
#14 of 16 Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 PM

Using DH's toothbrush doesn't really gross me out, but that's only because he doesn't use it. Now THAT is disgusting!

Jakob 10/12/2005...He thinks he's
Mollie 12/8/2008....Pure sweetness
#15 of 16 Old 11-30-2008, 04:40 PM

i can't use my dh's bath towel. he has a really bad habit of blowing his nose in his towel after he gets out of the shower and then hanging the towel back up to dry. i've caught him using mine a few times and totally chewed him out on the plus side--he hangs his towel by jamming it in a ball around the towel rack--so it's pretty easy to tell if he has used mine or his own
#16 of 16 Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

ewwwwwww, now sharing a bath towel grosses me out! I won't even share with my kids. If I even suspect that someone has *touched* my towel, I have to get a new one! Hand towel, no biggee - but something that touches my *ahem* bottom, no way. In college, one of my dorm roomies used to wipe her mouth on my towel after brushing her teeth (leaving toothpaste, that's how I knew). That's when I realized I had issues, and I became a towel-nazi.

Of course, I don't shower every day, anyway ...

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page