I just want real clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so sick of being large and not fitting into anything I own that most of the day I live in my DH's pj pants. I just want to go to old navy and pick up a pare of jeans and wear them. I know of all the things to drive me crazy at this point in time that is so small but I really want real clothes.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My maternity jeans are actually super comfy, but I'm sick and tired of having to pull them (and my undies) up every 5 minutes!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#3 of 21 Old 12-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarMama View Post
My maternity jeans are actually super comfy, but I'm sick and tired of having to pull them (and my undies) up every 5 minutes!
:

that is so me! I sit in comfy shorts (brrrr...it's cold in New England tho!) inside and my fleece Old Navy pj pants. I love those!

When I'm out it's the maternity jeans that feel the best...partly b/c they were so huge during the whole pregnancy. The other pants I wore that were my fav the whole pregnancy are now so tight on my lower belly. ouch! can't stand them anymore.

I hear ya tho..I would love to wear some normal clothes...so close to it! so close....
#4 of 21 Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 PM

I just wear my bathrobe and nightgown most of the time. I'm so sick and tired of clothes right now - either they are too tight, or they fall down, or I look like a manatee in them.
#5 of 21 Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 PM

Oh how I'd love to put on a worn out sweatshirt about right now!

I meant to buy a nightgown this time around just to test the comfort of one. Don't they get all tangled up around you when you sleep? It's already difficult to rollover as it is! lol

Jakob 10/12/2005...He thinks he's
Mollie 12/8/2008....Pure sweetness
#6 of 21 Old 12-01-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschifo View Post
I meant to buy a nightgown this time around just to test the comfort of one. Don't they get all tangled up around you when you sleep? It's already difficult to rollover as it is! lol
I get shorter ones (knee length) and they don't do that for me. I got them at Target last time I was preggo b/c they were so stretchy and soft - good for pregnancy, good for nursing.
#7 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 01:17 AM

I was at the midwife today and someone clearly very soon after birth came with their tiny infant and they were just wearing tweety pajama pants. I applaud them for just showing up in what was comfortable
#8 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 AM

We've been getting all the Chirstmas catalogues ( garnet Hill, Eddie Bauer etc) and I find myself wistfully looking at all those "real" clothes and fantasizing about my old favorite jeans (in a box in the attic)...a cute sweater....maybe by next winter
#9 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 AM

I'm down to one pair of pants and about three shirts that fit me. Hopefully, I will have this baby within the next week and I'll have more options. Even though I won't magically fit into pre-pregnancy stuff, at least I'll be able to fit back into maternity stuff from earlier in the pregnancy. Anything but this pair of pull on black pants...

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#10 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 AM

Ugh me too! I've essentially given up and just wear whatever mostly covers my stomach to work. I'm totally hanging out the bottom!

#11 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM

I'm going to admit something to everyone.

I'm pretty much wearing regular clothes. :

Though they're *really big* regular clothes. I have two big pairs of elastic waistband shorts which are near their limits, and several pears of gap stretchy pants that are near their limits. LOL.

For sleep I have these fleece pants and tank tops and it seems they still fit. Yes, stretched to the max, but they FIT!

I wear bikini underpants, the same I wear before being pregnant. I don't like the feel of things on my belly.

DH has also loaned me some of his XL shirts. Yes, I do have some maternity pants, but they don't feel good. Go figure. They're jeans, and where they are cut they seem to cut into my belly. I do have some maternity tops. Haven't worn them so much though.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#12 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 04:25 PM

I'm running out of pants and frustrated. By noon I was on my 3rd pair today, actually leggings, because I don't have any more clean pants!

At least I have a lot of tops because I still have a bunch of big shirts & sweaters left over from the 80's/90's. I knew those would come in handy someday! So they look a little dated... at least I'm not naked.

Quote:
We've been getting all the Chirstmas catalogues ( garnet Hill, Eddie Bauer etc) and I find myself wistfully looking at all those "real" clothes
I've started just throwing them away without even looking. It's too depressing!

Mom of 2 boys: D-Mac (Feb 06) and Ducky (Dec 08)
#13 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 PM

I just want to not have a breeze at my belly. Is that really too much to ask?
#14 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 04:45 PM

I used to live in my jeans, I can't wait to wear them again.. I haven't even fit into maternity jeans for the last few weeks and just prior to that I could only have them on for a few hours at a time. I've been wearing DH's sweatshirts because all of mine are too small and I don't have a jacket that fits.

Nine months ago I was putting on makeup and wearing cute outfits and shoes just to go to class, living in sweats and being too tired/oily to wear makeup has been killing me!
#15 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM

The pants I'm okay with... the shirts! OMG! And the bras! OMG! I even went and got some comfy nursing bras thinking they'd help... GRR!! Everything just feels super uncomfortable. But I can't go braless with DD's.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#16 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 05:56 PM

I'm with those who have to pull their pants up every 5 minutes. Or you can just see my crack, but hey, that seems to be the style anyway I never wanted any of those pants with the full panel, but frankly they seem to be sounding really good right about now! Of course I don't want to go and buy anything so I'll just suffer for the next week or two. I told the girls at the co-op preschool, don't be surprised if I come in wearing the same outfit everyday!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#17 of 21 Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 PM

That's me, Sara! I have the 2 pants...and the same 2 hoodies. I squeeze into my hoodies and that is my "top" and then the same pants. Same outfits..and each week at our homeschool group I wear one or the other

JSMa, I hear ya, mama!
I don't wear a bra...haven't for a while but feel so sad that I will have to any day now to keep milk from leaking down my belly and through my shirt. I loathe bras! Burn 'em all! I do have a very relaxed and not forming one that I wore when nursing my last 3 kids...so I'm breaking it out until I can put it away again when the leaking finally stops in a few years
#18 of 21 Old 12-03-2008, 01:04 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE maternity clothes and have no problem wearing them even when I'm not pregnant. That being said, they don't even really fit well at this point and it's pretty annoying! Breezy belly and butt crack is not so attractive!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#19 of 21 Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 AM

You're all almost there...

I had Zephan two weeks ago and I am back in normal clothes. I went out this weekend and bought a pair of jeans and sweater to wear to holiday parties. Not quite the same size I wear normally, but I feel good about how I look. My husband thinks I look hot.

Which is nice, because my 2 year old still kisses the "baby" in my tummy and my 4 year old keeps telling me my belly is "a little big"...
#20 of 21 Old 12-03-2008, 05:33 AM

I have 1 pair of maternity pants and 3 of DH's pajama bottoms that fit my bottom half. I have 2 tops that fit the top. My big panties are getting tight, my socks are too tight, I had to go get a bigger bra(went from 34D to plus size 40D), I have one pair of UGLY shoes that I can fit in to. I've had to take my wedding band off...it fits, it's just bothersome tight. If I don't stop eating, I'm going to be the size of a sumo guy. DH made the comment the other night(which made me feel...OH SO GOOD "What and how you eat from now on will determine how big Evan is when he's born...." Thank you Mr. Einstein. :
#21 of 21 Old 12-03-2008, 10:10 PM

My kingdom for maternity pants that don't fall down!! I've had this problem through all my pregnancies, and so this time I only bought like 2 pairs. I've decided I'm officially just wearing 2 different pairs of velour sweatpants until I give birth. I'll wash and rotate, baby.

I bought far less maternity this time around just because most of it is so ugly and unflattering!! I too mainly bought ginormous regular clothes. At least they'll make me look less pregnant than maternity postpartum. And I won't have to stare down Motherhood tags once the baby is here.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page