oh the hormones... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-01-2008, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please tell me that extreme anxiety and uncontrollable crying for hours at a time is a sign of imminent labour. I can't take much more of this. I hate that this is supposed to be really special time but all I can do is see everything that's wrong in the world, with my partner, with my house...
I didn't sleep a wink last night and I cannot stand myself today.

So, am I about to have a baby? Anyone else feeling similarly?

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#2 of 12 Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM

well, DP says I'm crazy volatile these days. I was weepy at our ob appointment today...

but that could be the lack of sleep!

I tend towards anxiety anyway, mostly controlled by caffeine and sugar, but it's actually been much less during pg than before... M and I have both been waking up and lying there for hours every night with racing thoughts, so we've agreed just to get up if we can't sleep and make some nice sedative tea, like chamomile, and be miserably awake.

*hugs* hang in there.

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#3 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 AM

God, I hope it's a sign. I remember getting this way before my first baby was born, and I don't remember quite how long it was before I went into labor. Days? A week? Weeks? I'm not sure. It didn't happen with my second, but I was helped along a little that time. Also, every pregnancy is different! But as of today, I've completely lost it. I'm afraid to be with my toddler right now, for fear I'll hurt her. I scream at her and cry all day long. I'm completely out of control and can't handle the two kids by myself. I sure hope this is a hormonal thing and means I'm about to drop this baby finally! I think I'd be committed if I went on like this for the rest of December.
#4 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 AM

Well labor for all of us is "soon" whether soon means tomorrow or three weeks from now.

just hang in there, pregnancy does weird weird things to our bodies.
#5 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 05:03 AM

EVERYTHING DH says makes me cry. We joke a lot, but these past few days I feel like he's picking on me...which I KNOW he's not. I tear up and a few drops fall when someone says something that I don't like. I have to make myself not cry. I keep saying things over and over like " This can't go on any longer..." " When is this going to be over??" I know that DH is sick and tired of hearing these things but I don't care. It makes me feel better...he told me that I need to say whatever is on my mind to get it out so I can feel better. Can my feet get any more swollen? Really??

Natural induction isn't helping :

At this point I'd rather be squishy and post baby fat than be pg.

Didn't he run out of room like 3 weeks ago???????????????

I pray to God to let me go into labor in the next couple days.
#6 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 12:13 PM

I'm crazy emotional too. Just sobbed like crazy on Sunday, and Saturday too, if I remember correctly. Yesterday I just feel irritated and annoyed at everything. I know hormones are racing and all, but I seriously need this to be over. I wish I could have some SURE sign that labour was on its way, like show or something, but as of now, it's just stop-start labour every day with no (obvious) progression. My mw doesn't do internal checks until labour is properly established, so I have no way of knowing if anything is actually about to happen without a 'sign'. (And I'm praying that sign isn't waters breaking as the hospital has some ridiculous policy of only giving you 24 hours from the waters breaking to have the baby - plus you are supposed to come in 'right away' to be checked, and then you can't go home. That really p***es me off.)

Crossing my fingers for all of us!
#7 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 PM

If it's a sign, then I should be in labor soon b/c I've been crying a lot the last two days! Then again, my due date is this week so hopefully it'll be soon for me no matter what. I haven't had any major contractions or other signs, but I also didn't have them with my other two kids so who knows what will happen with this baby.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#8 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post

I pray to God to let me go into labor in the next couple days.
I tried that. Nothing yet.
:

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
#9 of 12 Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 PM

omg. crying, angry, yelling at the girls, saying I'm sorry, disgusted with work, painful contractions and nothing to show for it. tried nipple stim, epo, which haven't worked. I'm such a disaster. I can't sleep either and am up for at least two to three hours every night, starving, and then have to get up at 6 to get DD out of bed and on the bus by 6:30, which her bus company won't change and she ends up being on the bus for 3 hours every day because the route is so long. It's awful but I don't have an alternative. I have to be at work by 8 and trudge through another day. But first have to drag 9yo DD with ADD out of bed, crying every morning to get her to her morning daycare before school so I can get to work on time. It's awful and I'm at the end of my rope.
#10 of 12 Old 12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Rie

Can I help, but laugh? I can relate. I feel for you all. I am SO hormonal and irritable it is embarrassing. Either I'm laughing about it because it is so not me or I'm crying. I don't recall being like this with my others. I am so done but yet reality is setting in and I will have 3 soon. I'm scared! I had a rough morning with my 2 and lay on the couch crying from frustration. I'm tried which makes a difference, but I slept well last night and even took a nap today. I think the baby just needs to arrive...then the hormones with begin to balance although I am always hormonal after too, but at least they will be in the process of leveling. It is also the stress the Holidays bring? I don't know but I'm done. Come on baby.
#11 of 12 Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM

Ditto. To all of it. Just...ditto.
#12 of 12 Old 12-03-2008, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Well my meltdown has passed but I'm still mood swinging. I don't feel any closer to birth but boy do I hope it's soon!

I really felt violent the other day - it was very unfamiliar and frightening. Poor DP kept calling to check on me and copped an earful of abuse each time. It's probably lucky for her that she wasn't home all day!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page