Weekly Chat 12/01! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 12-06-2008, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
omg. to make a long story very short, the cookie party is TOMORROW, not today.

#62 of 77 Old 12-06-2008, 10:38 PM

Jennifer, usually those sleeping pills are extended release, meaning the way their coating is designed, it is releasing meds as it goes through your GI tract. You can't break those pills or they won't work. so take a whole pill, don't break it. And the nasty taste is usually from that too b/c the yucky stuff doesn't come out unill its well through your stomach.

Wife to my great hubby 4/6/08, WOHM to Alex 1/10/09, my 2 gorgeous newfoundlands, and the cutest pug in the world! Expecting DS2 at the end of March, hoping for HBAC!

#63 of 77 Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 PM

what a long day this has been. long week. Every day this week, I've had stuff on our calendar that *had* to be done. And with DH grandmother dying, that threw a serious kink into it all. So, it turned out to be the worst week possible to plan a birthday party. I felt like I got no support in getting ready. It was like pulling teeth to get any help with cleaning up - I made lists, but DH didn't do much on them and then acted like I was nagging him and being a super-bitch because I *needed* the yard cleaned up today ... and the house ... and the pet areas ... we were having guests in the house, and I'm really sensitive about having a messy house! We couldn't predict whether the weather would allow us to be outside for the party, so inside *and* outside had to be prepared. He complained that "nobody" would go upstairs at all, and the first place his parents wanted to go was upstairs. grrr. We forgot to get apple cider at the grocery store last night, so he offered to go get it, and he got about 1/3 of the quantity that I needed - irritated that I said "some" not "a lot". I was offering it as a drink to 15 people, 1/2 gallon was NOT going to be enough. After the party, he says "the cider was a big hit!" duh. I do know a thing or two sometimes. (we drank a gallon overall)

And, I don't even want to think about how pissed off I am about his parents and their gift-giving. I'm mad at him, too, for it because he didn't think it was a big deal, so he didn't resolve it ahead of time, and it did turn out to be exactly as big of a problem as I thought it would be. I'm a weirdo - our birthday parties are "no gifts" - and the inlaws always bring something anyway, just to spite me. I hid the presents in a different room as soon as they got here, but they insisted on "giving" them to Annie, at the beginning of the party - and that was done in front of all the friends, who had been forbidden to bring presents. So, I kept having to ask her to put them away, til after our friends had left. My kids have never had an issue with this rule, so it just really infuriates me when it's thrown up into my face like that. And, of course, the gift itself was something I'd asked them not to buy, more irritation.

Well, it's almost 8, time for bed. I had wanted to take a nap before the party, but of course, I spent all day yelling and nagging, so I didn't have time for a nap.

sorry for the whiney vent.
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#64 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 12:04 AM

I'm so sad for Lisa and Husband and Orion. I wish we had all thought to say "just go into L&D" when she was worried. I know we couldn't have known but it just feels so horrible. I wish she hadn't had all this stress the last couple of weeks, I'm sure that's not what caused the problem but well. It just sucks. Lisa if you are reading I'm really thinking of you.
#65 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
I know my siggy says I'm not supposed to be posting. But it's my birthday and I couldn't resist.
I thought you were allowed to post here in your DDC? Maybe I can't read, that's been happening a lot lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
DH made me the yummiest turkey sandwich for lunch (mustard, miracle whip, tomato, good turkey (fresh from the deli), lettuce, pickles, and AVOCADO : ) for my birthday lunch. Tonight I'm having chicken noodle soup with dumplings (a childhood favorite) for dinner, and DH is making me a cake.
Man, that sandwich sounds *delish* I don't know about the avocado, but I'm willing to try it just because it sounds so.dang.good.

Today, DH, DD and I went on a walk to get DD some diapers. It's about a mile one way, really cold, really windy, on a highway, in a town where people don't pay a lick of attention. It wasn't a bad walk, really, and in all honesty, it was probably good for us to get out and get some exercise, but it would have been nice if we could have *chosen* to go on a 2 hour walk in really cold, windy weather, rather than do it out of necessity. Yesterday, I woke up and went to feed the dog, and realized there was water dripping out of our ceiling. Went upstairs and noticed the floor in the bathroom was soaking (carpet, I dunno why...) We don't use the upstairs, so we didn't realize it had been leaking, so we've got to call the landlady to look at it/fix it. DH went upstairs and turned the main water thingy off, and that seems to have helped, but who knows how much damage has been done for the water to be all the way through the floor to leak out the ceiling. And we would have/could have known about the leak a long time ago if we could *use* the upstairs... There is no banister/railing, and DD already fell off the side of them once. (Our couch is there, so she had a soft landing, but with me being pregnant, DD being so little, and the stairs being so narrow/short, we don't go upstairs at all save for DH to take stuff up there we won't need for awhile.) Landlady was going to put a banister up, but "since y'all don't use the upstairs anyway...." so she won't put a banister up because we don't use the upstairs, we can't use the upstairs because she won't put a banister up. La de da. Sorry for the pity party...

I had a dream where I was going into labor. I never actually *had* the baby, though. *shrugs* I'm going to be 37 weeks tomorrow : I'm getting kind of nervous/antsy, though, because this is further than I went with DD. I know everyone says you'll *know* when you are going to have the baby, but I'm still nervous. I never had labor with DD. I hope all you ladies are doing well

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#66 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post
I thought you were allowed to post here in your DDC? Maybe I can't read, that's been happening a lot lately
When I first posted I hadn't yet added in the bit about being allowed to post here in the DDC. I added that after the fact...

Quote:

Man, that sandwich sounds *delish* I don't know about the avocado, but I'm willing to try it just because it sounds so.dang.good.
Avocado is pretty much my favorite sandwich topping EVER. I love LOVE LOVE it! : Guacamole is good too.
#67 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 02:13 AM

ok so I really really hope that I'm going into labor...
wednesday I went out with friends and had eggplant parmesan and ended up with contractions for half the night that petered out to nothing.

last night I woke up to thinking my water was leaking and it turns out it was a bunch of bloody show, which has continued all day, and increasing contractions but now they're kind of chilling out after a few hours of being 10-20 minutes apart... please please please let them pick up again.

on top of this I've got a nasty head cold and my ankles have gone missing again and are really achey. and I've been super emotional all day. We got our christmas tree today and so the house had to be completely rearranged to make enough room and the chaos was so much that I just ended up bawling for 20 minutes before I tired myself out and went to sleep... am I 34 or am I 3???
yikes.

I am so looking forward to having this baby. It scared me to read about Fiona. So incredibly sad. But it is normal for a baby to slow down with their activity in the last few weeks, there is absolutely no way Starmama or anyone could have predicted that! And it's not like she wasn't being seen frequently by her hcp's. I just wish there was something that could help in this situation.

Anyway, hope to have some happy news to share soon. G'night.
#68 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 04:08 AM

Rotten day here :. Last night I got a headache that wouldn't go away. We debated late into the night as to whether or not to call the doctor--along with the headache I have nausea and diarrhea . When I woke up this morning the headache was still there, so we decided to go to L&D being concerned about preeclampsia. Well, the good news is that it's not preeclampsia. All other tests were normal, bp was fine, as were my blood tests and such. The bad news is that the headache is still here, and the doctor (who was very sympathetic) said that the most likely explanation is that I've got a touch of the flu or some other virus. Which yay, that's exactly what I want while pregnant! Ugh! I really had better plans for the day.

But on the fun side, I finally got to play with our new camcorder and I was able to get some footage of the baby kicking and moving around. It's kinda funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMG3Qd07jo0

And then one of our dogs was being a little stinker and decided to make a nest out of my CLEAN laundry in the laundry basket, so I got that on tape too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQf_7KUNm4
#69 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 03:04 PM

my EDD is today. that makes the baby come out, right??

i've been eating italian all week in some sort of effort to make the baby come. i mentioned the eggplant parm to DH and his theory is the laxative effect - the eggplant soaks up so much oil that it flies right out! too bad i hate eggplant and won't touch it with a ten foot pole!

i realized right now that the orange edge GMD prefolds I got my baby will probably fit her a whole 2 weeks max. she's going to be ginormous if she keeps cooking!
#70 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM

You will definitely break your MDC habit once baby is born b/c you will have NO TIME to be on the computer--but it's a good thing Right now DH is holding Evangeline while I catch up as much as I can with emails, posts, etc.

The GMD orange-rimmed prefolds might last longer than you think. We use them big time and they are pretty big on our little one. She's 7.5 lbs. I know there are bigger babies but I think these will last on her for many more pounds.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#71 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 08:32 PM

Holly, I know what a forum addiction is like - not only am I addicted to MDC, I am also seriously addicted to newf.net - forum for newfoundland owners. Between these two, I can seriously spend the whole day on the computer

Wife to my great hubby 4/6/08, WOHM to Alex 1/10/09, my 2 gorgeous newfoundlands, and the cutest pug in the world! Expecting DS2 at the end of March, hoping for HBAC!

#72 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish11 View Post
You will definitely break your MDC habit once baby is born b/c you will have NO TIME to be on the computer--but it's a good thing
I got plenty of computer time while nursing my babies before! I did my best web design work then !

Maybe i'm just a big computer geek, but I am old enough to remember a time *before* the internet - and I also had an addiction to chat rooms long before it was *common* - me & my dial-up modem in DOS format.

The prefolds will be functional as doublers or pocket-stuffers til your babe is out of diapers, have no fear!

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#73 of 77 Old 12-07-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post

The prefolds will be functional as doublers or pocket-stuffers til your babe is out of diapers, have no fear!
yeah, i'm not afraid of not using them - i'm afraid i don't really have anything to put on a ginormous baby that accommodates a cord. if they last until her cord falls off i will be happy.

i went to the cookie party and brought home 4 doz cookies. erica, if i were in mass i would share! i had a few cookies and they were wonderful, then i scarfed cheese & veggies the rest of the afternoon. my BS is fine! everyone was shocked to see me. i loved seeing the reactions to getting "today" for an answer when they asked when i was due!
#74 of 77 Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post
i loved seeing the reactions to getting "today" for an answer when they asked when i was due!
DD2 was born at 42w5d on Feb 19. I was very tired at the end but I did get a perverse joy out of answering that question with "January".

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#75 of 77 Old 12-08-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
DD2 was born at 42w5d on Feb 19. I was very tired at the end but I did get a perverse joy out of answering that question with "January".
cackling!!! that's totally awesome!
#76 of 77 Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Well, we are biting the bullet and installing a new tile floor in our bathroom and kitchen *on Wednesday* !!! It will take 3 days ... that means 2 days/nights without a toilet (there is one upstairs - boy won't that be fun in teh middle of the night!)

So, I need lots of *no labor* vibes sent my way! :
And, lots of *good job* vibes to the Tom, the contractor!
I'll be really really upset, if the bathroom is half-finished when labor starts!

I have no reason the think that it's gonna start soon, but all the talk of full moons is making me nervous. My 2 dd's were born on new moons, and that's what I'm planning on (Dec 27) - EDD is Dec 18.

MW appt today was uneventful - normal urine, 2 pounds gain in 2 weeks. Belly measured 39cm (I'm 38w4d). DD2 was born at 42w5d, but if this babe stays in that long, it will be a 2009 baby.

I need to go do some more laundry now - our washer/dryer will be unhooked for 3 days, too! Yikes, what am I thinking?????

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#77 of 77 Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 PM

Brandy started a new thread for this week. Hoping for a 2008 baby for both you AND me Janis.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page