Inspirational Stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there are several UC'ers here in our DDC. I was thinking today about the incredible confidence in natural birth it must take to choose UC. And I'm guessing many of you (UC or not) have had previous births that may be inspirational to the rest of us.

Would any of the UC moms like to share their inspirational past experiences with birth? And anyone else who has an inspirational birth story, please share! If you've already posted it somewhere else, give us a link!

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
#2 of 7 Old 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM

My UC birth story is linked in my siggy...not in your DDC, but sending you all blissful birth vibes!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#3 of 7 Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 AM

I haven't UC'ed, but I have had two successful HB's.

the link to my son's HB..my first homebirth, 2 years ago:
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/tinytoes/565746

I am still working on writing a coherant birth story for my daughter's HB (happened just 16 days ago!)...but if a picture is worth a thousand words...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91447429@N00/3048561194/

I agree that UC birthstories are by far the most inspirational ones you will find and reading those by far, really helped instill confidence in my own ability to choose homebirth, after two flawed hospital births in my past, that i had to overcome.
#4 of 7 Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 AM

No inspirational UC story yet here - but hopefully I will have one by the end of the mont (or even sooner!)

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#5 of 7 Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 PM

Kristy that picture is amazing! Truly is worth 1000+ words!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#6 of 7 Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM

Kristy, that picture is worth WAY more than a thousand words! What a treasure.

I can't wait to read all of the stories. After my son was born (natural birth in hospital) I really felt like I wanted to do it again. Now that it's about 4 weeks away, I'm trying really hard to reconnect with that. :
#7 of 7 Old 12-04-2008, 05:24 PM

Kristy that picture brought tears to my eyes, it was so beautiful! Congratulations! I hope I look like that when it's all over!

I had two homebirths in the water both of which were not easy as both were posterior but I have to say that I felt like there was nothing I could not do afterwards. It was very empowering and my body just sort of knew what to do. The midwife was there, but I was the one that delivered my babies, they just encouraged me and sewed me up afterwards, not to say that they weren't wonderful and had spectacular expertise etc. but my body instictively knew how and when to push, what position I needed to be in, etc. I am planning the same with this one due soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page