Due date come and gone - where is my baby?! Who else? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 12-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaucone View Post
41 weeks as of 3 hours and 47 minutes ago.

I've been getting some contraction action since 1:30ish, but they're not quite long enough ( I mean they're long enough for me, but too short for me to feel like I need to call the hospital. ) Hopefully . . . I don't want to ruin it by saying it out loud.
Good luck! I hope they stick and you're holding your babe soon!

MujerMamaMismo, hopefully your babe will be ready soon. Keep us posted, mama! I really hope you don't risk out of your birth center birth. When do you know if it's a go or not? Good luck w/ it all and take it easy and hopefully your bp will stay low for ya. Easier said than done, I know

Bronxmom, I'm right there w/ ya! 40+1 and never, ever thought I'd make it past 40 weeks, much less to 40 weeks! My mw didn't think so as well. But I don't know my LMP..so it was a real guess...but the U/S said due date of 12/11??? I am really laying low tho and hope she stays in until Friday/Saturday at least. I need those results back and more time to take my probiotics, etc. So send my all the stay in vibes you can muster! I can't believe I feel this way now...last week I was losing my mind and waiting and hoping each day, each hour that I would go into labor! But things happen for a reason and I really hope all is well w/ the gbs and all will be well w/ our babe...and that is why she's taking her time.

So..sending labor vibes : to those who want them and need them!! Keep us posted, mamas!
#32 of 46 Old 12-17-2008, 05:56 PM

One of my friends keeps messaging me everyday, "still no baby yet?" :

Do people not know how annoying that is?
#33 of 46 Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odenata View Post
One of my friends keeps messaging me everyday, "still no baby yet?" :

Do people not know how annoying that is?
I honestly don't think they do know how annoying that is. You're right. Maybe (at least I try to tell myself this) they are just as excited as we are and can't help themselves in wanting to know...so they ask and ask and ask. But it gets old fast, that's for sure! I'd rather someone ask tho then get the "do you have twins in there!" comment (like what MIL told me last friday...when she fully knows there are NOT twins in there or the other comments "you must have been due last week!" that focus on how HUGE I am. Those really suck, huh?!

We joked about it today at homeschool group b/c i was NOT suppose to be there. We talked about how I would go early and this and that all the time....And there I was! But those are friends and it's okay w/ me that we joke to "have that baby already" and "you're still here!" things. Other mamas who know..so it's cool.

Strangers not so much...family not so much..friends okay What about all of you? Which bother you the most or do all of them asking make you annoyed? What about if your partner says things like this? THAT annoys me the most!!
#34 of 46 Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM

I'm with you guys now, today officially I'm 40 weeks 2 days! I went to the midwife yesterday and still no talk of an induction but I did have to schedule a NST for my next appointment on Tuesday.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#35 of 46 Old 12-18-2008, 01:12 PM

Me too! 40w2d (or 1 day depending on which date I go with). AND my mw seems to have forgotten to schedule my appt for this week - or they just forgot to call and tell me. And I never called to check b/c I just assumed I'd go into labor before my usual appt day.
#36 of 46 Old 12-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Hey everyone. I'm 41 weeks. Our first three were 42 weekers, so I'm not surprised that I'm still here, but my intuition is that this one wouldn't arrive so late....what do I know? I guess I still have a few days for that intuition to be on!

I'm really feeling pretty mellow about it all - I know my baby and my body know the right 'timing' and I trust that we know how to do this - in it's proper time. I also always feel sad at the end of pregnancy - somehow this sweet little baby will get outside of me and I'll have to share her with everyone. There is something so special about keeping her all to myself - like I know her whole story, but once she's on the outside, then I have to watch my heart being passed around...sigh....

Also, this will likely be my last pregnancy, and I have mixed emotions about that, too.

Hope you're all hanging in there okay and feeling peaceful and well. Looking forward to hearing all of our stories!:

Mama to Noah Jude, 8/17/01, Emerson Lily, HBAC 8/3/03-8/3/03, Beatrice Ruth, homeborn 2/6/05, and Winter Juno Lucine, 12/22/08.:
#37 of 46 Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 PM

I am just annoyed in general....with the world I think! My dogs are particularly driving me nuts- they keep wanting to poke at me, and I don't want them to touch me. Most people in general are not making comments.

Dh however, is also irking me...he keeps telling me HE'S not ready yet- um, who is carrying this baby? And going through all the aches and pains, etc? Yeah, he has a "busy week at work" so wants me to wait until after this week...like I can use the power of my mind to hold this baby in! If my mind had that much power, we would have had this baby by now! Oh, also he has to do 4 training sessions a year, so, despite knowing I am PREGNANT he waits to do 2 of them until NOW. So he is telling me he HAS to go to the training, even if I am in labor . Now, I don't think he would really do that, but just the sheer NERVE of him saying that is driving me crazy.

I seem to keep alternating good days with bad days. Today is a bad one- I am GRUMPY. But I know baby will come when she is ready. I went into labor with DS at 39 w 2d, and I am 39w 1d today so I feel like things should be moving along my now.....I know they will eventually.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#38 of 46 Old 12-18-2008, 08:50 PM

40+2 here and getting a little cranky. I did want this guy to hang in there til his due date because he has measured small for a while now (on u/s, not just the "well that could mean anything" tape measure ), but I didn't ration enough patience to go much beyond that, I'm afraid.
Quote:
Dh however, is also irking me...he keeps telling me HE'S not ready yet
don't get me started on the mental whiplash I have from hearing "it would be great if this one came early so the birthday is farther from xmas" "I changed my mind, I'm not ready yet because i hurt my foot" "ok my foot is mostly better now and i think you should ask to schedule an induction, like no later than Thursday" (because it would be convenient. That was on Monday so Thursday=today. Sure, I'm impatient, but not impatient enough to actually want to be induced for no particular reason than being two days over. My OB on the other hand is a good sport and just says at the last two appointments "I know you're not interested in an induction so I'm not going to discuss it." There must be a note in my file because I haven't bothered writing a birth plan.,, "no battle plan survives contact with the enemy" and all that.)

Did I mention I'm feeling a little cranky? Maybe it's a good sign (or it might just be because I have BH every time I stand up and do anything at all and it is getting kind of old.)
#39 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 AM

Still here though with much more patience than previously. I've had a hell of a 24hours -
I was risked out of the birth centre by the consulting obstetrician yesterday morning. Just before I left she decided to do an internal where she discovered I was 6cm dilated and 100% effaced. Her conclusion was that I was in labour. She decided that I could go back to the birth centre straight away and they could break my water. Of course, it's against bc policy to intervene in any way, including breaking water. They, however, were happy to let me labour naturally there..YAY! I was back in.
I still wasn't convinced I was actually in labour but foetal monitoring suggested showed that i was having contractions 2 mins apart, I just wasn't feeling them! Everyone was in awe. I was feeling very fortunate.

I called my doula and explained the situation and she came up to the BC for a few hours. Nothing was happening and I was bouncing around happily, still with minimal pain so we decided it would be fine to let her go off to her daughters Christmas concert. By 9.30 last night, still nothing was happening so we asked to come home. The consulting obstetrician said no - that if we left now, there was no coming back to the BC. So, against better judgement, we stayed the night and had a fairly peaceful nights sleep.

When we woke up this morning, I had still not really progressed so it made sense to come home and wait for my water to break. It all seemed very uncontroversial and one ob agreed to let us home. The most superior ob however, not only said I couldn't come home but that I had to be admitted immediately to the HOSPITAL for induction. This despite perfect blood pressure and endless perfect results from monitoring. I got very scared and very shaky. I felt bruised and blackmailed and bullied.

Anyway, after lots of tears and long conversations with our doula and the BC midwives, we made the decision to 'act against medical advice' and come home. The BC midwives were wonderful and have committed to do all they can to keep me with them when I do go into natural labour.

I feel completely traumatised but I'm also thrilled to be home and thrilled to have yet another opportunity to birth naturally. I cannot believe that despite all my knowledge and preparation, I have been trapped in the web of intervention. Sure, thus far I've avoided it but I had to fight every.step.of.the.way. I can't imagine how it is for women who haven't had the opportunity to learn as much as me.

So, I'm actually hoping this boy stays in for a day or 2 longer because I need the time to recover and find some strength.

Hope everyone else is going along with less drama than me.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#40 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 AM

Oh, mama....I'm so sorry you've had such craziness going on. Way to advocate for yourself, though!! (you should not have to fight right now, but wow - you're awesome!)

I'm so glad that your midwives are supporting you so well, under such difficult constraints. I'm thinking that since you're so far along, once you hit active labor, there won't be time for any obs to try to interfere!

I'm going to be thinking about you and sending peaceful energy for a gentle rest period and an easy, drama-free birth.

Mama to Noah Jude, 8/17/01, Emerson Lily, HBAC 8/3/03-8/3/03, Beatrice Ruth, homeborn 2/6/05, and Winter Juno Lucine, 12/22/08.:
#41 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 02:13 AM

MMM I'm so sorry you had such a rough 24 hours. I hope you get to rest some and gather strength to birth your babe. I'm glad you are home and that you stood your ground! You are amazing and an inspiration to us all! Good job, mama

Sending you many peaceful labor vibes your way and strength to birth how you wish : Keep us posted! Good luck!
#42 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 02:53 AM

MMM - it sounds like you have a great birth support team with your midwives and doula surrounding you and have really advocated for yourself. That's great.

Sending thoughts of strength and peace your way.
#43 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 11:04 AM

hooray MMM! can i just say that i still LOVE your quote, and i visualize it as a personification of the life inside of me....

At 40+1 with a baby i thought for certain was coming early. I've reached the peaceful point of they come when the come... mostly!
#44 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 AM

Tomorrow is my due date and I'm getting really ready to have this babe!!! Got one last minute errand to run and then I'm going to hunker down at home and deal with this storm. Oh and one of the things I wanted to do was write some quotes on cards to have around me in labor and I love the ones y'all ladies have! You're giving me lots of good ideas!! My SIL had a baby in Feb and had a very difficult posterior labor and someone had written on a white board "goal: a healthy baby" and it really helped her. She labored drug-free in a hospital for 18 hours!! Such an inspiration to me!! Anyway, just something I want to do, thanks for the good quotes!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#45 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 11:29 AM

i'm 42 weeks today and i'm getting very impatient. i hope all you ladies get to meet your beautiful little ones soon: i think i'm gonna have to wait til she is graduating college though
#46 of 46 Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Thanks Mamas for your kind words and encouragement. I am feeling a whole lot better today. I seem to have found some more strength which is really carrying me through.

I've got another induction acupuncture appt in a couple of hours. DP is convinced we'll be going straight from there to the birth centre. I'd be happy if she were right, happy if she were wrong. I'm really not feeling impatient at all anymore which is not like me at all.

Hope all your babes arrive soon!

PS. re-read the last message I posted and it really is incoherent. I'm surprised you could work out what I was trying to say! I guess I was tired and stressed!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page