Spent the day in L&D, home and expecting a babe soon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so today I went in for my normal 38wk reg. MW appt. and left feeling really worried, scared and frusterated! I asked for an internal, a loose 4cm, tight 5cm!!! 80% effaced and baby enganged and starting to buldge! I got excited and was super happy!! Then my MW measured me, a bit small but unpredictable at this late in the game, I was small with Dakota and had low fluid. She was slightly worried, as I had low amniotic fluid with DS, but what was really concerning to her was the heartbeat was on the low side, so she ordered a NST and biophysical U/S to make sure everyhting was okay. I spent the day hooked up to machines only to figure out the baby is so super healthy and normal, high amount of fluid!!! Normal HB and ready to be born!!! It's just frusterating to know I spent a day at the hospital strapped down and worried sick only to find out it was for nothing and now I really feel like my MW is more like a Medwife and I wanna go with my gut of having a UC but feeling conflicted! Anyway the stress of the day has brought on many many contractions and now I'm so stressed I really don't want the baby right now!!!! I need some virtual hugs!!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#2 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and did I mention that the nice internal I asked for disloged my mucus plug, came home and more bloody plug has been coming out, it's really gross and I'm feeling like this is not a natural way to start birth. This baby is small too (for me at least they say about 7.7lbs but with my son he was a good 8.5lbs) I just didn't see this coming.

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#3 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 AM

#4 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 01:19 AM

Take deep breaths, have a small glass of wine, see if you can get back to a place where the birth feels like your own. Having your mucus plug come out and being dilated doesn't mean you'll go into labor immediately and if you do it was what was meant to happen anyway.
#5 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 AM

Stopping in from January, just had to post some hugs!

I hope everything goes well for you!! I think it will though
#6 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 AM

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#7 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 02:53 AM

girl! I knew something was up...tried calling you today. Glad babe is doing well, get some rest and call if you need anything!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#8 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mama! Sucks you were stuck to machines worried all day, but I'm glad to hear your LO is doing well!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#9 of 9 Old 12-04-2008, 10:42 AM

Aww... Try to relax. How many weeks are you? I had 10 hours of regular, fairly strong contractions a week ago (when I really didn't want to have my baby either) that finally subsided with a hot bath and a glass of wine.
I'm glad the baby is doing well. I don't know her, but wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about the MW being a medwife; mine is very careful about checking out any potential problem, too, but this is partly so she has time to try a low-tech approach if something should be wrong. It sounds like you're in a good place now to have an easy, beautiful birth, and I hope it happens at the best possible time for you! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page