Is your baby a St Patrick's Day baby? - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: My Baby is a St. Paddy's baby!
Yes, we have the love of the Irish! 1 3.70%
Nope! 21 77.78%
I'm not sure/maybe! 5 18.52%
Not telling! 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious who'll admit that their baby is a direct result of a St. Patrick's Day celebration! Obviously since I'm asking, mine is!!!
#2 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 04:09 PM

Nope, my Ds is a St. Patty's day baby but this child was courtesy of our first night sans both children after DD's birth - My mom came into town and took both kids overnight even with DD's feeding tube and we enjoyed that time!!
#3 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM

What day is St. Patty's day? I can't even rememebr! LOL I don't think mine is. My LMP was 3/14/08, I know this bc that is the day we got married! Thankfully we got to DTD and then my period started. The rest of the weekend sucked though bc of it! LOL I am pretty sure thay we conceived on or around the 22nd of March though...I remember how white/creamy/runny I was on that day.
#4 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

St Patrick's Day is March 17! My baby is an O'----y baby (one of the more unusual ones, so I'll keep it to myself). Kierdan sounds like another Irish kid too, although the Irishness of the baby is not necessary for having a st. paddy's day kid.

Jennifer, I am just cracking up that you don't know when st. patrick's day is. It didn't occur to me that this was not a major holiday for lots of people
#5 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post
St Patrick's Day is March 17! My baby is an O'----y baby (one of the more unusual ones, so I'll keep it to myself). Kierdan sounds like another Irish kid too, although the Irishness of the baby is not necessary for having a st. paddy's day kid.

Jennifer, I am just cracking up that you don't know when st. patrick's day is. It didn't occur to me that this was not a major holiday for lots of people
LMBO! I know when it is...it just escaped me and I don't have a calendar handy..I DO have pg brain LMBO! If my head weren't attached...I'd lose it right now! I better know when it is...I'M IRISH..tehehehehehee:
#6 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it
#7 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it
I'm here all week...tip jar is by the bar...

I think I'm still loopy from the sleeping pill lol
#8 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 05:24 PM

I'm not sure how or when this baby happened. I had an IUD (paragard) and wasn't tracking my cycle. Thus, my EDD is just an ultrasound-based guess. (I actually think they were off by about a week. I came in having six-week symptoms and they said I was five weeks.)

We did, however, drink beer on St. Pat's, and we are frisky people. It's possible!
#9 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 05:30 PM

I do have a friend who has a mardi gras baby. She and DH actually planned on NO children. Woops. Apparently they had one really good party down in New Orleans, and both of them weren't in their right mind and forgot the birth control.

But, she enjoyed motherhood so much she had another!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#10 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Nope. Not sure at all...don't even know my LMP. I really can't remember. My due date is a big guess for us still too.

As for St.Patty's day...in the NE, where we are it is huge...the rest of the country not so much. Dp is half Irish and his mom bleeds green as does all her family on that side. They all live in Boston. You should see her house! Irish stuff galore...green pride for sure...and we love hearing of trips the extended family take to the Mother Land to kiss the Blarney stone!
#11 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Nope, not a St. Patty's day baby, but it IS an Easter Sunday baby!! Wouldn't it be funny if LO is born on Christmas day?

Me (27) and : DH (29), DD 12/08, DS 9/10, and #3 due 04/13!! Knitting, gardening/preserving, sewing, doulaing, loving God & others. Dreaming of my future farm...
#12 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM

No, but we did have a freaky blizzard at the beginning of March.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#13 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 07:02 PM

Could have been conceived on that date, but if so, it has nothing to do with St. Patty's day - neither of us is the least bit Irish, and it's not really different from any other day to us.
#14 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Best as I can reconstruct we DTD on the 21st and actually concieved on the 29th. Yes I know that's not supposed to be possible. But its what actually seems to work with the dates. We are going with an estimated dd from my lmp which was on the 13th though which at least puts conception in the possible zone (but I'm pretty darn sure ovulation was actually two days later and early u/s dating matched up with that date)

The "quickie" which resulted in this pregnancy took place no later than the 21st but not as early as the 17th..so the only thing I know for sure about this little one is that he's NOT a st. patricks baby because my period hadn't finished by then!

I'm sure that is more info than you wanted but I've been shaking my head this whole pregnancy about our 9 month long infertile period quickie!
#15 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
As for St.Patty's day...in the NE, where we are it is huge...the rest of the country not so much. Dp is half Irish and his mom bleeds green as does all her family on that side. They all live in Boston. You should see her house! Irish stuff galore...green pride for sure...and we love hearing of trips the extended family take to the Mother Land to kiss the Blarney stone!
We are from Boston, stuck in California temporarily, both from large Catholic families! (although mine's not Irish)

I think SF is the only other place that really does St P's besides NE & the midwest. I've gotta say that your Irishness or lack thereof is completely inconsequential. It's your ability/willingness to get at least a little tipsy, if not totally riproaring drunk on March 17. Things like arithmetic & birth control go right out the window.

Seems like March is an all around good time for getting frisky
#16 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 PM

This is an easter bub - we inseminated early easter morning and I'm pretty sure the egg dropped late easter night. It's highly plausible that an easter babe is born at xmas...I sure hope it's not mine though - I can't wait that long!!!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#17 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 PM

This one's a week after Easter baby .
#18 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 PM

I don't know when Easter was, but I know for sure when he was conceived: April 6, on our wedding night. We didn't DTD for quite a while before that b/c I was ready to strangle my then-fiance and seriously considering walking away from the whole thing (Thank God I didn't ) But we did consumate our marriage for the first time in years without Birth Control, and lo and behold!! Surpirse!!

My DH jokes around that my mom is not allowed to ask for grandkids b/c she did a few hours before we conceived this babe.

It would have been funny to conceive on St Patty's being that DH is Irish, and we are from NY where StP's is HUGE!!

Wife to my great hubby 4/6/08, WOHM to Alex 1/10/09, my 2 gorgeous newfoundlands, and the cutest pug in the world! Expecting DS2 at the end of March, hoping for HBAC!

#19 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Nope! He is a result of a trivia night with friends where I admittedly had a couple more beers than I normally do.
#20 of 22 Old 12-05-2008, 11:33 PM

We moved out of my parents and into a new apartment.

Strangely enough DD was concieved when I started a new job and we moved into a new apartment.

I think we need to be extra careful when we move next year!

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
#21 of 22 Old 12-06-2008, 01:45 AM

not st. patty's day, but close. DTD twice in one week ... 19th & 22nd - we were celebrating selling my store and imbibed a bit too much.

didn't drink *too* much to remember to count the days, but I counted wrong, apparently! The funny part is that LMP was Mar 13, and I believe that I probably conceived on the 19th because the 22nd is too late. I ovulate on day 5-6 - I've tested it several times with Clear Blue over the years. LMP for DD1 was Mar 18 - so this pregnancy is practically mirroring hers. She was born on Dec 3 at 37 weeks, though. I'm 38 weeks now. DD2 was born at 42w5d, and I have a hunch this one will be past 40 weeks.

Oh - and DD2 was conceived in April, so I think in the future, March & April will be abstinence months

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#22 of 22 Old 12-06-2008, 08:08 AM

Our baby is a 'spring break' baby! TTC when we are both in school is no easy task!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page