Anyone else just feel like crap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate to be such a whiner, but I'm really having a hard time. I don't remember feeling like this at the end of either of my pregnancies. My hands are a mess...swelling and carpal tunnel, I think, but it's causing me to sleep poorly because I wake up and they're either numb or throbbing, and today my pointer finger and middle finger were stuck in a claw for a good hour. My fingertips are now just numb all the time. I've been slightly anemic and I'm just TIRED all. day. long. Every day I wake up and am still tired. I'm torn between wanting this baby out ASAP and feeling like I'm not going to have the energy for a birth anyday soon.

And on top of it, I just feel like I have NO energy or patience for my kids that I already have. They're wanting to go run around the park for hours and I just can't hang and I feel so bad. They are complete destructos lately so I feel like I spend all my time trying to just keep the place remotely picked up, let alone nest.

I had a breakdown last night because I had bought some towels for the birth, and they're complete pieces of crap. They got lint all over everything and I washed them THREE times. The washcloths I bought feel like sandpaper, nothing I want on my baby or my sore hoo ha after the fact. So I'm still not even READY for the dang birth.

Is it normal to feel THIS junky right now? I hate being so complainy and my due date isn't till 12/22. I KNOW it's best to let my baby cook as long as possible, especially since I don't grow big babies...my last was 7lbs 5 oz at almost 40 weeks, and this one was estimated at 5.5-6 lbs last week. Not teeny...but still, it'd be better to put some fat on her. But I'm so miserable. I will stick it out as long as I have to, but dang.

Anyone else?

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#2 of 5 Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Yes ma'am! I'm right there with ya! I've been trying to pawn off my DD on the weekends bc I just can't take it with her here all day. She's at her dads this weekend, as she was last weekend too. I might see if my parents will take her next weekend. :

I will tell you as my mom has been telling me: "You're nerves are shot, and it's ok. You are human, and your body is working WAY overtime to make a person. Expect to be over stimulated. You won't be pg forever...I promise."

#3 of 5 Old 12-07-2008, 04:46 PM

ohmygosh, i am SO there! tired, sore, pissed, and DONE!
#4 of 5 Old 12-07-2008, 08:20 PM

Oh, mama, be easy on yourself. You are in the last stages of babymaking and that can be HARD.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 5 Old 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM

I understand completely!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mother to DS. Expecting LO (April 17, 2009)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page