I had the most bizarre night last night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2008, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me first say that I was induced with DS. I never dilated, effaced, or really had much more than BH contractions with him.
At my appt. on Monday I was 1 cm, 60% effaced and I've been having contractions all week. Not consistent, not painful, but more noticeable and intense than anything I felt with my first pregnancy.

So last night was strange. I went to bed at 10. Around 11:30 I woke up feeling really off. I went to the bathroom, and then I started feeling nauseous, chilly, and started shaking uncontrollably. I was also having contractions, the same as all week. Not painful, but definitely there. I seriously peed like 5 times in an hour, pooped (sorry, TMI), and continued feeling bizarre. I thought my water was possible leaking (but now I think I was just sweating). I fell asleep on the couch probably around 1, then woke up at 3 drenched in sweat but feeling as normal as I possibly can right now and have been all day. I took my temp. in the midst of all that and it was normal.

I've also been having constant lower back pain/pressure. It feels like a weight is sitting on my lower back, just at the top of my butt. It doesn't go away.

I've had a crazy week. Yesterday was the last day of work for me, and I spent it and all day Thursday training a temp which drained everything out of me. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the end of work caused me to have an anxiety attack last night, but I don't know what those feel like.

Do you think this was a sign that labor is coming soon? Something else? I'm stumped. It was beyond strange, and I've never felt anything like what I went through last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 05:10 PM

Wow, I don't know. The constant lower back pain, diarhea, nausea, contractions and generally feeling strange all sound normal enough (I have them too) but the sweating and trembling I don't have. Stress can do wierd things to your body though, especially now. Have you called your MW or OB? Might be worth checking in, if you aren't feeling better after resting.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:21 PM

That doesNOT sound like a fun night at all I hope you have found some answers or been able to rest easily.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have any answers yet, but I've been fine for the rest of the weekend. Back to my normal contractions every now and then, but no signs of labor. I have an OB appt. and will certainly be bringing it up.

I've been wondering if maybe it could have been an anxiety attack. I've been under a great deal of stress for months, and Friday was my last day of work. I wonder if maybe my body felt the need to release the tension somehow? Who knows. As ready as I am to get this show on the road, I'm also a little grateful for some additional time to prepare. I have been so preoccupied with everything else in my life that I have not had any time to do that.

I told H that this week will be spent relaxing, watching movies, and reading. I need a break!!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 AM

I called my midwife when I woke up feeling like you describe. She said that it was a hormone surge. I went into labor that night. It sounds like you might be getting really close.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

User Tag List