Anyone Else Feel Good? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL! I started doing some chiropractic this week - have received 3 adjustments in 5 days - and I am feeling better than I have felt in months! WOO-HOO! I can actually twist around to back out of my driveway

Actually, I remember feeling pretty good at the end with my ds too. I never had that "get it out of me!!!!" feeling. Its not that I don't have aches and pains - because I do - but my general feeling is happy, excited and just pretty darn good. Its almost like nothing is bothering me anymore...

Am I the only one who actually ENJOYS the end of pregnancy? Maybe its because I am only 38 weeks....? I hope this feeling lasts right up until the end though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 PM

I felt just like you the first two times, but this time I feel like chasing toddlers and having them spaced relatively close together is taking a toll on my body. I've been having chiropractic and acupuncture, and while it's wonderful, I feel like it's just keeping the wheels from falling off at this point.

Anyway...if it were either of my other two pregnancies I'd be right there with you! I think it's part of why I was overdue with my first, I didn't have that "get out!!!" feeling. So you're not a total weirdo!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#3 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 PM

Hi, i'm new to the site and due Dec 15th. I feel the same way. I want to have the baby cause it's my first and i'm excited, but I feel really good! (knock on wood) I also go to the Chiropractor twice a week. It seems to help the back pain a lot. I even went to prenatal yoga today and my instructor said she never had a student as far along as I am (29 on Tuesday). I hope you continue to feel great!
#4 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 PM

Um...I don't think you are "crazy" exactly, but it definitely wasn't my experience I felt big and like a bear that eats too much honey and then lumbers through the woods, woozy and unpredictable.

It's great that you mamas feel so terrific!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 PM

I feel really good generally and am enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy - relaxing as necessary, getting things ready, hanging out with friends. But that doesn't really stop the "wanting to have the baby" feeling. I don't think it's because I'm tired of pregnancy or even desperation to meet the baby. I think it's more that I'm so excited about my homebirth that I'm really excited for labor and birth itself. Weird! So on the one hand, every day I think this is going to be it but I'm not yet totally frustrated when it's not. But I'm only 38w5d so let's see how I feel in another 9 days when I hit my due date and still have potentially 2 weeks to go. I know I'll be pissed if I go past the 21st or 22nd (due the 16th) b/c I want this baby before xmas.
#6 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 PM

yes, i feel very good.

i'm almost embarrasssed to admit it... : i still sleep pretty well, and have no aches, pains or complaints.

however, at 40+3 i'm SO ready for this baby because i don't want to deal with the stress of going "late" (and how come this baby is so late already?! ).
#7 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM

I generally feel REALLY good when I'm preggo, other when I've overdoing it.

I usually like to lie down a few times for short periods each day 10-15 minutes. Well, didn't do it today. So, overdid it! So, today am a little achier than I usually am.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#8 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmom View Post
I think it's more that I'm so excited about my homebirth that I'm really excited for labor and birth itself.
That's how I get too. I was so excited for my first baby's birth and now I feel the same excitement and anticipation for this birth. I wonder if being so excited somehow helps to negate the physical discomforts somehow?

The weird thing is that I do feel rather uncomfortable throughout the day, but I just feel so happy and excited that its like I just don't pay any attention to it or something.
#9 of 10 Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 PM

I feel great! (38+ weeks) I'm overdoing it most days, and at the end of the day, I'm exhausted beyond words, but I'm loving every minute still. I'm 42 years old, home-schooling my kids (9 & 4), clearing household clutter, and redecorating my house so we can sell it in the spring ... I have lower back/hip pain, pubic pain, carpal tunnel, and I sleep like crap, but I try really hard not to whine about those things. I saw a chiropractor last week, and will continue to do so weekly now. I have an awesome massage therapist, too.

I do feel a little weird sometimes since I seem to be the only pregnant person I know who isn't "ready" to have the baby ... but I feel that, too, sometimes. But, DH and I are planning to take some nekked belly shots this week, and I have the stuff for a belly mold, so I need time to do those things. And, I've planned for a potluck afternoon with friends next Sunday! So, I'm really just not prepared to have this baby yet.

Today, I've been having mild crampy feelings, but I think it's cuz I've been overdoing things. Right now, baby is hiccupping and squirming like it does every night! DD1 was born at 37w, DD2 at 42w5d.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#10 of 10 Old 12-08-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymyles1026 View Post
Hi, i'm new to the site and due Dec 15th. I feel the same way. I want to have the baby cause it's my first and i'm excited, but I feel really good! (knock on wood) I also go to the Chiropractor twice a week. It seems to help the back pain a lot. I even went to prenatal yoga today and my instructor said she never had a student as far along as I am (29 on Tuesday). I hope you continue to feel great!
Welcome to the ddc!!! :

I'm okay some days...some days I'm a grouch It's really outside issues tho..4 other kids..dp's work..lack of car and sharing it w/ dp..things like that that are making me nuts. But overall I feel great and excited about the homebirth and waterbirth

I wish I could see a chiro. that would be awesome!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page