Full Moon this Friday...lots of upcoming births? and other thoughts... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meagansroses View Post
oh please baby come out i'm 41 weeks today and soooooooooo done!!

: for moon labor!!! I think most of us could use some of this too!

I'm still excited to see how many the moon pulls into labor in our ddc! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 PM

Seriously. I would love to have this baby this weekend. I am done with the itching and the not being able to sleep. We blew up the birth pool this evening. I feel slightly crampy/contraction-y no real pattern for the moment though. UGH. I want the PUPPPs to go away, I could probably hang on for a while yet if it weren't for the darn PUPPPs.

Bring on the full moon!
#33 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 PM

Well it's Saturday here. The full moon has been and gone. No baby for me. And interestingly, when I was at our birth centre yesterday they were lamenting just how quiet it was for a full moon. In fact, every suite (4 rooms) was empty and at 4pm they hadn't had a baby in 24hours.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#34 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 PM

not just a full moon, but the awesomest full moon!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5327206.ece

it's the highest one of the year and there are meteor showers tonight!

baby, get ready for your eviction!!
#35 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 PM

Our moon rise is in fifteen minutes. The sun is beginning to set.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#36 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 AM

I feel guilty now - I'm so ready, but I'm only at 37w3d! I'm not due until 12/31, and my boys were both slightly past dates, H was 6 dates post-EDD and B was 1 day post-EDD. I'm already at 2 cm, 50% effaced and having constant cxns, but I did that with H as well, so I'm not counting on anything. Plus, apparently I gestate really well, and my babes love it in there! I'd forgotten how easy it is to get Grumpus at the end, and want the baby OUTOUTOUTOUT, no matter how committed I am to letting it happen naturally! Baby's head is at a +2 station, it feels like s/he's about to fall out, so lots of pressure and pain down there, and I guess it wouldn't shock me if s/he came early.

Fingers crossed for all you full-termers who are ready, ready, ready! I hope to see lots of announcements this weekend and early next week!

Mama to H (6) B (3) : A (1)
#37 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 AM

I'm pretty discouraged too. It's still nighttime, but it's 2.30am now and no sign of anything. All day yesterday (12th, my EDD!), I had STRONG contractions, stronger than they'd been for the past several weeks - think I'm going on week 4 of irregular contractions - so I really thought FULL MOON BABY! As soon as I tried to get some sleep though, they stopped. Completely. Like always.

I feel like Haselnuss - this baby will probably just never come and I'll be sectioned again and I just can't face that. SO discouraging.

Told dh we're going for a long, long walk tomorrow because I can't handle these stupid contractions that take me nowhere any more.

But who knows, maybe the gravity of the full moon will continue to pull on this baby and I'll soon be holding her in my arms. Oh please please please.

ETA: Just looked at those lunar dates, and I too O'd on the full moon! Or the day before - is it the day your temp spikes or the day before, can't remember.
#38 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post
not just a full moon, but the awesomest full moon!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5327206.ece

it's the highest one of the year and there are meteor showers tonight!

baby, get ready for your eviction!!
Omg...we were riding to Boston tonight and I saw the moon behind thin clouds. Well...when I saw it after the clouds finally passed is was SO bright! It actually kinda hurt my eyes! I thought that was strange for a full moon, it felt so powerful! I had a huge BH contraction when I stared at it too and dp told me to look away b/c we were not close enough to Boston and didn't want to turn around and go home.

But nothing anymore as far as contractions go. Ah well...maybe later...maybe not. Good luck to the other mamas out there! I hope this bright full moon brings evictions for some
#39 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 02:03 AM

I'm having contractions, but not really any more than I've had a number of nights in the past ten days. The night is still young here though.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#40 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 04:09 AM

This pregnancy has been sooooo stressful, I'm supposedly due 12/28, we have no idea when we conceived and I've still been working but today I decided I really can't do it anymore, I feel so desperate and discouraged to have this done. I'm so swollen, the heartburn doesn't respond to anything anymore and it hurts to eat. Not thinking the full moon will do anything for me but it's nice to hope.
#41 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 05:39 AM

*sigh* nothing for me yet. I was really hoping for action from the full moon.
#42 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 06:07 AM

I was hoping for a full moon baby too! I'm 40+4 today (Friday) and yesterday I was feeling crampy but then it went away. Well, tonight I'm up because I was having some pretty good cramps in bed that were hurting, but now that I"m up, they don't hurt as bad. I guess I can't remember what a REAL contraction feels like.

I did notice, however, that it has snowed since I went to sleep! :: I love the snow!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#43 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM

NO full moon baby for me.
#44 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 01:36 PM

bah humbug

#45 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Seems like it didn't do much for our DDC. Nothing for me and I was kind of thinking yesterday/last night would be it. But I actually got my first full night's sleep in a while and that was SO nice. There is a mtng I've been holding out for that's happening in a couple of hours so I'm actually pretty glad I've lasted til today. After about 4pm though, I'd be thrilled for the baby to come. We'll see.
#46 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 PM

nothing for me.
#47 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Me neither, this is my second and I had them super close together (she just turned a year Nov 23rd), and everyone told me that they usually come early when you just had one, well I'm 40 +2 and theres no "signs" but what bothers me the most is my Dr already put me on a induction waiting list for thursday (makes me only 41 weeks that day and I could honestly wait till the monday after that without losing my mind) so I went and got some aromatherapy, every day I'm taking lavender and geranium baths with a hot cup of RRL tea to relax myself and try to meditate this child out of me before thursday. :P
#48 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 03:30 PM

I feel sort of bad posting this, with all you overdue ladies getting no action.

Eirian Kai Benoit :
Saturday 12/13/08 2am, went into labor at around 9pm 12/12/08
Due December 19th
10lbs 3oz. 22" long, 14" head, 14 1/2" chest

Born at a FSBC with wonderful midwife, doula and daddy. Got his big old shoulders stuck, needed to be turned. He's got a great latch but needs formula to supplement his HUGE appetite until my milk comes in, otherwise his blood sugar drops.
#49 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miseraya View Post
I feel sort of bad posting this, with all you overdue ladies getting no action.

Eirian Kai Benoit :
Saturday 12/13/08 2am, went into labor at around 9pm 12/12/08
Due December 19th
10lbs 3oz. 22" long, 14" head, 14 1/2" chest

Born at a FSBC with wonderful midwife, doula and daddy. Got his big old shoulders stuck, needed to be turned. He's got a great latch but needs formula to supplement his HUGE appetite until my milk comes in, otherwise his blood sugar drops.
Congrats, mama! : Don't feel bad...it was your time and I'm so happy that the moon pulled your babe out! Welcome baby, Eirian My 3rd son was that big and he had a big appetite as well. Hopefully your milk will arrive soon : and he'll be full and happy
#50 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody'smomma View Post
I was hoping for a full moon baby too! I'm 40+4 today (Friday) and yesterday I was feeling crampy but then it went away. Well, tonight I'm up because I was having some pretty good cramps in bed that were hurting, but now that I"m up, they don't hurt as bad.
: I hope you go soon! I am really excited for you! Any day now and we'll be reading your birth story and I hope to see lots of pics too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmom View Post
Seems like it didn't do much for our DDC. Nothing for me and I was kind of thinking yesterday/last night would be it. But I actually got my first full night's sleep in a while and that was SO nice. There is a mtng I've been holding out for that's happening in a couple of hours so I'm actually pretty glad I've lasted til today. After about 4pm though, I'd be thrilled for the baby to come. We'll see.
I didn't see you around and really thought you were birthing your babe! I hope it happens soon...we're due date buddies! No action here either...I am getting really anxious tho as this is my 5th and I really thought I'd be done by now! : Trying to stay calm and breathe over here. Weird...I slept really, really well last night too and was crampy the entire day thinking it was the "day". But nope..slept hardcore and that was nice and babe slept hardcore too. Full moon gave us a good nights rest..not too shabby, huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbybaby View Post
Me neither, this is my second and I had them super close together (she just turned a year Nov 23rd), and everyone told me that they usually come early when you just had one, well I'm 40 +2 and theres no "signs" but what bothers me the most is my Dr already put me on a induction waiting list for thursday (makes me only 41 weeks that day and I could honestly wait till the monday after that without losing my mind) so I went and got some aromatherapy, every day I'm taking lavender and geranium baths with a hot cup of RRL tea to relax myself and try to meditate this child out of me before thursday. :P
I had my 2nd and 3rd son's 12 months apart and my 2nd was born at 37 weeks (water broke) and my 3rd was born at 40+5! I had no signs of labor until I woke up at 7amish and he was born by 11amish. So the labor went fast, but not the gestation Good luck...I hope your babe arrives before the induction and all goes well
#51 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Miseraya congratulations! How wonderful! Best wishes to you and the family!
#52 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 07:22 PM

the full moon was great to us!!!
Our little one was born at 337pm with less than 2 hours of labor.
the brith went great... minus the shoulder getting stuck and the midwife having to "help" turn/pull the shoulder out.
she is 8lbs 7oz 20 inches...
no name yet maybe tomorrow...maybe today...
#53 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaiter View Post
the full moon was great to us!!!
Our little one was born at 337pm with less than 2 hours of labor.
the brith went great... minus the shoulder getting stuck and the midwife having to "help" turn/pull the shoulder out.
she is 8lbs 7oz 20 inches...
no name yet maybe tomorrow...maybe today...
: Congrats, mama! Fast labor too...what a great full moon it was for you! I look forward to hearing her name and birth story to come. Happy Birthday to your babe and whoo hoo for you! :
#54 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 PM

Well, I'm totally annoyed. I've been up since 11:30pm Friday night. Had contractions lasting a minute, every 5-7 minutes that I had to breath/rock/moan through. This morning they kind of petered out, but still having at least one every 5-20 minutes. ALL DAY. Argh! I thought they said this kind of stuff doesn't happen with 2nd babies? I'm super frustrated.

I think DP and I are going to take a walk and see what we can get going. Oh, I also had bloody show this am at 5:30 and then off and on all day.

Come on body!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#55 of 59 Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 PM

Sara...that sounds really good tho! Better than nothing, right?! I hope they keep going and something happens soon. BUT...something IS happening and at the very least..at least it is helping your cervix out

Sending many peaceful postitve labor vibes your way! : I am so thinking of you and wish you the best!
#56 of 59 Old 12-14-2008, 02:28 PM

It work for us! Water broke about 7:00 am on 12/12, and our baby GIRL!! Maya, was born at 2:00 pm on 12/12. She came flyingout! Went from 5 cm to holding a baby in 30 minutes. I would say about 1.5 hrs of true labor. She was also my first water birth
#57 of 59 Old 12-14-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetoo View Post
It work for us! Water broke about 7:00 am on 12/12, and our baby GIRL!! Maya, was born at 2:00 pm on 12/12. She came flyingout! Went from 5 cm to holding a baby in 30 minutes. I would say about 1.5 hrs of true labor. She was also my first water birth
Congrats, mama! What a fast labor And welcome baby Maya : Enjoy your babymoon!
#58 of 59 Old 12-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Ladies don't forget to add these announcements to the birth announcement thread! Congratulations!
#59 of 59 Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 PM

I am so glad to hear the moon worked for some of us. Congratulations full moon mamas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page