Full Moon this Friday...lots of upcoming births? and other thoughts... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Full Moon is this Friday. :
So, I'm just trying to patiently await the little ones arrival. But, it doesn't help that ds was born a good size well over 2 wks early (I charted before conception so I know my EDD was good) so this time everyone, including myself, thought this one may come early too. Not too early, but maybe a week...I thought maybe she'd come late last week or so. I know most people look for their little one around EDD though.
EDD is Thurs. so hopefully the pull of the Full Moon will help too because I don't want to go much over (I'm doing a VBAC) and we'd all love to see her.
It's like waiting for Christmas TIMES 2! And yep a good lesson in letting go and how every pregnancy and little one is so different. So hopefully that means a very fast and easy birth this time around ...and it that's the case maybe whenever she wants to come is fine.

So if your overdue, around edd or thinking you'll go early...any predictions if the Full Moon will help your little one be born later this week?

Mama to two kiddos on the go!
#2 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:07 PM

Last month I had a dream my LO was born on the 12th of December. And when I looked it up and saw the full moon is Friday I thought hmmmm!! Haven't had any other intuitions lately! I am preparing myself for her to be late but that's causing me not to get everything done! Yikes!! I need some reinforcements! Where's my mom?!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#3 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM

My EDD is the 19th, DH thinks I will have him on the 15th. I am fully waiting for him to come around Christmas...I"m not holding my breath anymore lol. I'm not having ANY signs of labor anymore...no plug, no ctx, nothing. They all vanished. That would be cool for the full moon to put us all in labor mode though! Here's to hoping!

Good luck to all momma's, hope to see A LOT of baby pics this time next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:17 PM

My 2 dd's were born at the new moon, and I'm hoping this one will be, too. New moon is on Dec 27, which is just fine with me

I've made plans to have friends over on Sunday for a vegetarian potluck meal! Hope there's yummy leftovers nest week

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#5 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 PM

Well my EDD is the 12th .. I was thinking she was gonna arrive before then .. while the moon was growing ... but still no babe and lots of labor signs
I guess she will be here when she decides ... although I really was hoping she would be here before my SIL arrived on the 10th .. who knows .. it could still happen .. 2 more days left ... :

Mama to my little milk monster, Malu : (12/20/08)
#6 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:29 PM

I'm totally prepared for the full moon to pull this baby out - at exactly 41 weeks/41 + 1. I did some research on this, and there are some pretty legit-looking studies suggesting that more births do occur on or around the full moon.

Wish I could say the same for all the typical natural labor induction method...even sex is iffy...I've only found one decent looking study to back it, and two that showed no significant difference.
#7 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 06:43 PM

ah, thanks for the hope!! my DD was yesterday, have an induction scheduled for saturday (GD).

but, um, baby, we avoided the dec 7 bday. can we avoid the 13th and get it done before then? ok thanks! [anyone think that one will work?!?!]
#8 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 PM

i'm 40+4 and climbing the walls already! (i've never gone this "late" before)
so i sure hope this baby doesn't wait till the full moon :
#9 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
My 2 dd's were born at the new moon, and I'm hoping this one will be, too. New moon is on Dec 27, which is just fine with me

I've made plans to have friends over on Sunday for a vegetarian potluck meal! Hope there's yummy leftovers nest week

--janis
Does the new moon have the same affect as the full moon at times? Because my Mom was actually thinking this date for me! lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#10 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 08:27 PM

I am due the 16th...altho I/we don't know when I am due b/c I don't know my LMP...I know..I know Babe would be due sooner, rather than later tho. That much I know

But I had a dream about the 12th as well...I didn't realize it was a full mooon! I have some hope for that day now! I also dreamed of the 15th...so who knows.

I think it would be so awesome if quite a few of us did have our babes on the 12th..that would be really neat to see

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow...I really, really thought I would have babe this week. I'm not so sure I want to go past my due date after all!
#11 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 08:34 PM

Stangely enough my dear little grandmother called me today and said she knew when the baby would be born! On the 12th with the full moon! This is a very traditional non-astrology super christen woman!! The thought didn't even occur to me, but makes totaly sense!!! My first U/S dating said the edd would be the 11th, the 2nd u/s dating said the 13th! So 12th is just right there!!! I've actuall had many edd but my intuition says this weekend if not b4.

Heres to lot's of full moon babies!!!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#12 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 PM

My babe was conceived on a full moon and I'm fully expecting him to be born on one too! I'm confused though because I thought the full moon was supposed to be on the 13th? Surely it's not different in the Southern Hemisphere?

I hope that there aren't too many babes born on the full moon though - our birth centre only has 4 birthing suites!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#13 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Well my mom came up Saturday, now she's thinking she should have come up Thursday since the Full moon is around then... so who knows. I'll be 40 weeks on Wednesday.

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#14 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM

My EDD isn't until the 23rd, but my doctor is stripping my membranes on Thursday. If this LO is ready, he could very well come on the full moon! :
#15 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyscout View Post
My EDD isn't until the 23rd, but my doctor is stripping my membranes on Thursday. If this LO is ready, he could very well come on the full moon! :
Hope you don't mind the comment - but the studies I've read on membrane stripping are mixed to negative on its ability to bring on labor, and indicate that it might result in a higher frequency of premature rupture of membranes. I had mine stripped (without my permission!) in my first pregnancy, and my water broke several days later with no labor. =( Just happened to another woman I spoke to as well...water broke early, leading to induction, etc. etc. Might be worth checking out with your doc.
#16 of 59 Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 PM

I had mine stripped last friday and will be doing it again this friday. A huge chunk of plug came out last thursday when she did it yes, I know that losing your plug doesn't mean anything, but it makes me feel like something is happening. I thought it would hurt more, but it didn't. It was more uncomfortable than anything. MW said that it didn't feel like I would go into labor in the next week(which would be this week) and she is usually right on...she has been doing this for 26+ years...I think she knows what she's talking about lol.

Shelby...good luck with the stripping! I hope it works for you! I will be mighty jealous if it does! LMBO!
#17 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 AM

The phases of the moon never seem to do anything for me...

plenty of prelabor contractions since this weekend though. But, I can have those go on for WEEKS!

Which is fine, I still have to get my mom over here and clean the house 2x more.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#18 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
My babe was conceived on a full moon and I'm fully expecting him to be born on one too! I'm confused though because I thought the full moon was supposed to be on the 13th? Surely it's not different in the Southern Hemisphere?

I hope that there aren't too many babes born on the full moon though - our birth centre only has 4 birthing suites!
Nope not on the 13th on the 12th is the full moon .. I am in the Southern Hemisphere as well (in Brazil) and it is the same all around the world.

Mama to my little milk monster, Malu : (12/20/08)
#19 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 AM

#20 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 AM

So last month at full moon time the hospital was hoppin'! It was so busy that they put me in a pediatric room (which was actually closer to NICU so I was happy) b/c all the maternity rooms were full for 2 days. I heard that from 1 day prior to 1 day after full moon (3 days) there were about 50 births and usually that is their number for the entire week! So all you hoping for birth I think there is a good chance of your wishes coming true. Have fun.
#21 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 12:34 PM

Jola... that news is inspiring for sure! I can't wait to see how many babes arrive then, and hopefully mine will be one of them

Good thing is my mw said all her clients have birthed but me...so I'm next and for sure able to have her attend the birth (she had a mama go to nearly 42 weeks the other day and we were worried that we'd go at the same time!)

:
#22 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Since I'm having a hospital birth, I would not be sad if there were lots of other moms there. Less annoyances from the staff!!
#23 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 05:34 PM

I'm due the 11 so the 12th looks wonderful to me : Of course today sounds pretty good ot me too LOL.
#24 of 59 Old 12-09-2008, 11:56 PM

I'm due the 13th - and the EDD is pretty close to my O'd due date, so....

what with the full moon and all (I'm pretty lunar-in-tune, both prior kids were born at the time of the full moon), I'm assuming I'll be in labor by Sunday. Of course saying that out loud will jinx me!
#25 of 59 Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 AM

Holy Cow! I just looked at the site I posted earlier, and there was a full moon on March 21...We think that I O'ed on either the 21st or 22nd...!!!!!! That's so cool! So does that mean that we will have our baby this full moon????? <fingers crossed>
#26 of 59 Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM

I'm due on Saturday, but I don't think the full moon is going to have any effect on me. I think I'm going to go to New Year's and have a c-section for an overdue 13lb baby. Seriously, I'm completely discouraged and don't think this baby is going anywhere.
#27 of 59 Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haselnuss View Post
I'm due on Saturday, but I don't think the full moon is going to have any effect on me. I think I'm going to go to New Year's and have a c-section for an overdue 13lb baby. Seriously, I'm completely discouraged and don't think this baby is going anywhere.
LOL, This is my second and everyone told me a week or two ago that I looked as though I was ready to "pop" and the general concensus is that when your second comes so close to your first that your muscles are more relaxed and help move things along sooner? Well my first was 6 days over due, this one is showing no signs as of yet of coming any time soon, I'm due thursday the 11th... At first when I was showing no signs I was like, uck!! Lets do this already but as the day comes closer and closer I'm realizing how lucky I am to have my one year old sleeping through the night and letting me sleep, plus my body seems to have become accustomed to all the extra weight I'm carrying now and I'm not quite as sore as I was 2 weeks ago... So I'm gonna stop complaining and enjoy the next week for whatever it brings. Good luck!!
#28 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 PM

Well.... it's Friday!!! :

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#29 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 PM

I'm really clinging to this full moon thing. It's time.
39+2

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#30 of 59 Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 PM

oh please baby come out i'm 41 weeks today and soooooooooo done!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page