Weekly Chat 12/08 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haselnuss View Post
Well, I was annoyed by that mainstream website, only to find that, here at MDC, I'm receiving scare-tactic PMs about the dangers of going past 40 weeks. :
Haselnuss: are people actually sending you personal messages about going over>??? That is just plain wrong. I hope I'm just sleepy and misunderstanding you.

I went to 42w5d on my last pregnancy - and while I'd really appreciate having a tax deduction this year, I don't consider it an urgent medical need to have the baby on someone's arbitrary time-line. My MW actually doesn't see any validity to worrying about things **as long as** you are healthy, your baby is sounding healthy, heart rate is normal, blood pressure is normal, etc.

There is a thread somewhere - perhaps on the homebirth page, I'm not sure - about "overdue" babies. It's really insightful. After I take a nap, I'll try to find it. I put my story on there, too. http://www.pigvig.net/molly.html

I'm a little past 39 weeks now. I'm not ready for the baby to arrive for another 2 weeks. I know that *I* don't get to make that decision, but I'm at peace with whatever happens. I'm trying to enjoy these last days of what is probably my last pregnancy (never say never, but it probably is).

take care
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haselnuss View Post
Incidentally, I visited a mainstream baby/pregnancy site this morning where I normally get a different page depending on my week of pregnancy, and was greeted with the "newborn" page.
I was also surprised to find out I had a newborn when I visited that site.

My EDD is today, but nothing going on yet. I'm so anxious for baby to get here.

Dangers of going past 40 weeks? For cripes sake, a normal average 1st pregnancy goes 41 weeks and a day, a second 40 weeks and 3 days. I hate this stupid 40 week standard persists, when it was started by a doctor in the 1850s and more recent studies have shown it's not right. :
Old 12-14-2008, 11:21 PM

After all my whining and complaining--I'm finally having contractions! Not terribly painful ones, and they're not in a regular pattern yet, but I've definitely been contracting all afternoon. Hopefully they will continue to get stronger and this is the real thing!!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:39 PM

SHELBY!!!
keep us posted girl!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's a cruel, cruel thing to post that things are progressing and then to just disappear from the boards. (ahem - holly, shelby...) Seriously, there should be updates every half hour or so, it's only fair. I'm just kidding. I hope you guys are busy birthing and cuddling new babes.
It's 2am here. I'm up and bouncing a bit on the birth ball. I should probably go back to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I'm not really having contractions, my cervix is just up to something. Enough to be uncomfortable and keep me from really sleeping. But, if it's actually *something* then I know bed is the best place to be at this point. Another part of me wants to be up and moving in order to take advantage of anything that might come of this. Ah! Sometimes I wonder how it is that I'm going to be a mom, when I still want mine to come and mother me (and tell me to either go to bed or put on some skis and take the dogs out).

Hope the rest of you are sleeping peacefully (or productively engaged in labour!).

For greater things are yet to come...

Old 12-15-2008, 11:14 AM

I had contractions strong enough to wake me up throughout the night, and as of now I'm still getting them - 6 minutes apart. I have a midwife appointment this afternoon & I had hoped I wouldn't make it all the way to it - maybe there is still hope! *crosses fingers*
Old 12-15-2008, 11:56 AM

Wow, mamas! So much is happening!

Shelby, Holly, Haselnuss!! Good luck and keep us posted! I wonder how many babes are going to share the same BirthDay! :

Oh and could Jennifer be having that baby or what!?! No update since her last and I hope she's holding her babe right now

And Brandy...where are you?!

I'm due tomorrow...was ready but w/ the gbs+ result I really hope she stays in a few days longer. Just until we retest and have a chance to fight this off a bit. Hopefully the test will be neg anyway since I tested 4 weeks ago and all will be well. I'm really stressed out about it...just having a chance..even a "slim" one that my babe could be harmed is horrible Life feels too hard...too much right now.

User Tag List