so... my water broke - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
eight hours ago and i have yet to have a contraction! any suggestions on speeding things up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 PM

but just saw your post (and that you're in PVD). You could try:

going for a long walk
taking a bumpy car ride
bouncing on yoga ball
other physical activity
orgasm (doesn't have to be intercourse)
skin to skin contact
a ton of stairs
nipple stimulation
patience

I'm a PVD based doula and these are some of the suggestions I would offer my clients. PM me if you'd like a few more . I'd be happy to give you my contact info, too, just in case things progress and you need some reassurance or support tonight. Congratulations!!!!!

treehugger.gif
#3 of 8 Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 PM

With pregnancy #2 that happened to me as well. Quite frankly, my water broke at night, so I went to sleep and when I woke up (well-rested!) the next morning, I started willing contractions to begin, did some super fast power-walking through our neighborhood to help bring them on, etc. I eventually got them going strong enough to head to the hospital after aprox 15 hours with ROM.
#4 of 8 Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM

Great suggestions by Alana I am also in your area mama...does your provider give a time limit on how long your membranes can be ruptured?

Sending many peaceful but active labor vibes your way! I hope things pick up for you and you're holding your babe in your arms soon

:
#5 of 8 Old 12-10-2008, 01:02 AM

Labor started for me about 20 hours after water broke with my first DD. I had gone to the hospital, though - and they put me on a monitor and were comfortable just waiting til morning. They gave me a sleeping pill, and labor started 30 minutes later!

best wishes!
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#6 of 8 Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 AM

you could also try drinking some red raspberry leaf tea.

I know everyone says there is no correlation for it making you labor and instead only tones your uterus, but I drank some ONLY on the day I gave birth to my daughter, and it worked. I don't believe it was a coincidence, either... because I drank... er... 6 cups. :P
#7 of 8 Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Great suggestions by Alana I am also in your area mama...does your provider give a time limit on how long your membranes can be ruptured?

Sending many peaceful but active labor vibes your way! I hope things pick up for you and you're holding your babe in your arms soon

:

Hopefully something started already...the biggie here is nothing inside the vagina! LOL. Of course, you may already be in labor/being augmented I don't know. Here they are so strict in my state...once your water has broken they have 12 hours to get you into active labor. Which one of my mws tells me she's frustrated with as where she's from originally (UK) they didn't have limits as long as mom stayed in good condition!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#8 of 8 Old 12-10-2008, 01:09 PM

My MW monitors you for fever and baby heart rate, and keep super hydrated - but as long as there is NO vaginal penetration for any reason, the risk of infection is zero.

I was allowed to just wait it out even in hospital - since there was no vag exam. (this was 9 years ago) I don't know how many of the hospital staff knew that I'd already had rupture, but nobody said anything, even when I got into the tub! Hospitals here love inductions and making moms nervous.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page