Where are you all? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jewellz and mom2annika I know how you feel. I'm glad we have one another during these hard times at the end of our pregnancies. My kids are making me nuts. I need peace and it's just not going to happen around here. I need this baby to arrive so we can find peace.

I feel crampy right now. Too bad it won't do anything but feel annoying. I had these a lot last week and really nothing this week. I hope it turns into something more! Please! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
I feel crampy right now. Too bad it won't do anything but feel annoying. I had these a lot last week and really nothing this week. I hope it turns into something more! Please! :
Yesterday the mw was looking over my chart and realized that they had never done the pap/culture they usually do in the second trimester etc. (woops--one of those limitations of having three midwives see you). Anyhow, so wound up having it yesterday! And, of course it hurt like &*^%. And, she didn't do a vaginal check (she said with the speculum she could barely even see the cervix it was pretty posterior), it was just whatever they use to scrape the cells...grrr....

Which set me up with the most horrific cramping last night. I was seriously worried it would develop into something else (my support people are arriving next week and I've always gone over so thinking I will this time too). Hurt like the begeezes...much stronger than my typical pre-labor stuff.

So, I downed a lot of liquid cal/mag/D, even more fluids and tried to fall asleep. And, I did calm overnight. PHEW!

But that whole incident was enough for me to convince DH that I want everything set up in my bedroom for the birth (we were going to move an extra chair out, etc. to make some room). So, we're tackling that this weekend.

Apparently that's what happens when people fool around with my cervix....

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#33 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 11:20 AM

I'm still here too. 39w5d. I have until the 18th to get this baby out -- then my MIL arrives. I NEED to have this baby before she gets here.
#34 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Still here today! Feel much better today tho Still a bit crampy...but that could go on for a loooong time anyway.

I hear ya phatchristy...I just finished my room about 10 mins ago : Pool is ready and blown up, hose and adapter connnected just waiting to be attached to bathroom sink, clothes and blankets in tin foil, and sheets/blankets washing right now for my bed! I feel some pressure down there too and hope to go soon! I want to get a quick haircut (haven't had one in years..it's silly long) so I don't lose my mind in labor (it drives me nuts on a daily basis) and pick up some candles and white xmas lights and I'm done!

Maybe that will help babe arrive?! Can't hurt ,eh?
#35 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 03:53 PM

Still here. Not as far as everyone else, I suppose, 37w5d, but still uncomfy. My belly itches, and my bones crack and pop every time I move. DD still wants picked up, and I just can't do it anymore. DH is trying to hold and carry her more, when she wants it though. I hope the full moon does some stuff for you ladies, if you want it to!

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#36 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcneal View Post
Still here. Not as far as everyone else, I suppose, 37w5d, but still uncomfy. My belly itches, and my bones crack and pop every time I move. DD still wants picked up, and I just can't do it anymore. DH is trying to hold and carry her more, when she wants it though. I hope the full moon does some stuff for you ladies, if you want it to!
We're pretty close here...I'm just 38 weeks today. I seem to remember going through this on another birth list I was on. I was the LAST person to give birth, and I had to watch everyone else go first.

I do everything I can NOT to pick up my DS here, he has just turned 3...but he's 90% for height and weight, and about 40 pounds. He weighs about as much as my 5 y.o. DD. Two times I pulled something when I picked him up (ouch) so doing my best.

Not much going on uterus wise this morning. Maybe later tonight. It's my birthday tomorrow and I already told DH I wanted something special from him tonight..... Going to work on that dilation/effacement the old fashioned way.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#37 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Go me! Just got back from MW...I am WHOA progressing.

Last week:
BARELY 2cm
0% effaced
pretty thick cervix

This week:
3cm
60% effaced
nicely thinned out cervix
BULGING bag of waters blocking his head....!!!!

She stripped me both last week(which she said it probably wouldn't do anything) and then again today. He is in perfect position to deliver, head down and to the back. Said I definately will not go to 41...and w/out saying it in these words...probably will be in the next week or so... However...I am going to have a big baby. I can't stop eating now that I have my reflux under control

I saw the MW that I didn't like..turns out, I DO like her. I think she was just having some off days, bs she was wonderful today.

Oh yeah, Evan is measuring at 40 weeks...she first measured me and said 41, but then checked again(she had her finger to low on my bone bc his head is so close she couldn't tell the difference LMBO!) and said 40..I'm 39 today EEEK!

Hope we get some full moon babies this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!
#38 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM

I'm still here--37wks, 4days--and hoping baby will stay in for another week or so. We just moved to a new apartment 2 weeks ago and still have a lot to do to get it in order. This is my first baby so I am hoping I'll just make it to my due date even though everyone who sees me thinks the baby looks really low. If I'm still hanging around here at 42 weeks, someone remind me I said that

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#39 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 08:54 PM

Still here, horribly miserable. 38w 3d, and I am NOT DILATED AT ALL! : My dr. was going to strip my membranes but she couldn't even get in there, my cervix was so tight and closed. She said it wouldn't have helped anyway--baby's not ready--but sheesh, at least it would have been SOMETHING. Now I'm bouncing on my birth ball until I make myself nauseous. The EPO hasn't done anything, even inserted vaginally. The only way I could touch my cervix is if I had an Inspector Gadget arm. Sex is out of the question due to my pubic separation--just way too painful in any position. And speaking of the separation, walking is out of the question too. So I'm bouncing and rocking in my rocking chair. In fact, I think I'm going to make myself some RRL tea, pop in a Christmas special movie, and do some nipple stim *sigh*.
#40 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyscout View Post
In fact, I think I'm going to make myself some RRL tea, pop in a Christmas special movie, and do some nipple stim *sigh*.
you forgot to add, while bouncing on the ball at least, this is what i've been doing!
#41 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbyscout View Post
Still here, horribly miserable. 38w 3d, and I am NOT DILATED AT ALL! : My dr. was going to strip my membranes but she couldn't even get in there, my cervix was so tight and closed. She said it wouldn't have helped anyway--baby's not ready--but sheesh, at least it would have been SOMETHING. Now I'm bouncing on my birth ball until I make myself nauseous. The EPO hasn't done anything, even inserted vaginally. The only way I could touch my cervix is if I had an Inspector Gadget arm. Sex is out of the question due to my pubic separation--just way too painful in any position. And speaking of the separation, walking is out of the question too. So I'm bouncing and rocking in my rocking chair. In fact, I think I'm going to make myself some RRL tea, pop in a Christmas special movie, and do some nipple stim *sigh*.
You're still early like I am...first time moms I believe typically go an average of 41W2D or something like that if they're left to go on their own.

I wouldn't worry still as it's still so early. With my first I asked for the membranes to be stripped (here they start having to do NSTs at 41 weeks, and wanted to avoid the trip to the hospital if I could!). It was at just under 41 weks and I was barely dilated then...but she said *just enough* to get in there. And, when she did it, she did it so gently. It wasn't painful, but super uncomfortable. She did a very thorough job, in fact I remember there was blood on her gloves when she was done. The completely brought me into labor the next day. So I went from very little progress to my baby in about a day! And, these are LMs who are generally VERY hands off. But when it comes to the possibility of dating out of their care we would start to think about stripping membranes, herbs, etc. Though I still consider it an intervention that definitely does carry risks. Which is why I only considered it at nearly 41 weeks.

Personally, I've always believed that from a scientific perspective EPO taken internally was the only way that it made sense. EPO contains the metabolic pre-cursors to prostaglandins...not the prostaglandins themselves. We need our bodies to metabolize the EPO and synthesize the prostaglandins. So, I always take the capsules by mouth. Though I do both, although I don't know that vaginal EPO does anything really. Sort of covering my bases.

#42 of 52 Old 12-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
I saw the MW that I didn't like..turns out, I DO like her. I think she was just having some off days, bs she was wonderful today.

Oh yeah, Evan is measuring at 40 weeks...she first measured me and said 41, but then checked again(she had her finger to low on my bone bc his head is so close she couldn't tell the difference LMBO!) and said 40..I'm 39 today EEEK!

Hope we get some full moon babies this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, it's normal to be +/- 2cm in measurements, dont' worry about that!

Congratulations on your progress, my cervix feels great but is freaky posterior still! Which is typical for me, so I expect this to be another couple of weeks at least!

#43 of 52 Old 12-13-2008, 12:59 AM

39 weeks 1 day today, I don't think the full moon is going to help me. I'm not really over anxious yet, but I can imagine just going forever and needing to be induced. Plus the further from christmas the better as far as I'm concerned.

My husband is sick though, so that's not good, therefore I hope he has time to get better and I really hope he doesn't pass it on to the rest of us. Please! He's been burping and near vomiting all day. I'm thinking he might have eaten something bad though, and its awful but I'm hoping that's it because I can't stand the thought of getting sick right now.
#44 of 52 Old 12-13-2008, 11:40 AM

*sigh*
According to my OB as of Monday I am dilated 3cm. I get a lot of contractions at night. They are keeping me up, but other than that, nothing. I drank a cup of RRL tea last night, and I'm going to drink it throughout the day today.

My OB is concerned about going past my "due date", which is next Saturday.
#45 of 52 Old 12-13-2008, 08:35 PM

Rahnee... : for labor! I hope they pick up soon and you have a babe in your arms soons
#46 of 52 Old 12-13-2008, 08:50 PM

I'm still here. Being bored, waiting for labor action. Annoyed at all this prelabor stuff.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#47 of 52 Old 12-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Still here, still waiting.
#48 of 52 Old 12-14-2008, 01:42 AM

Still here. 38 weeks, 3 days and counting. I doubt I will go past my due date because I have always had my babes on or before the due date. I know I am getting close by the sporadic contractions and waddling.
#49 of 52 Old 12-14-2008, 03:33 AM

I'm 40+2 now. Officially over, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Getting lots of strong contractions during the day, but they all stop once I go to bed. No show or anything exciting like that. Trying lots of sex but not seeing any results! My dh said I was using him for his prostaglandins. I asked if that was a problem. He said no.
#50 of 52 Old 12-14-2008, 04:12 AM

It's my due date today. The midwife said she'd be surprised if I made it to today. Clearly she was wrong. I just hope that she wasn't very very wrong.

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel with crappy dvd's at this point!!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#51 of 52 Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 PM

Well geez...I was so ready to go since i"m due in 2 days. BUT now that my mw tells me today that i'm group b strep + even tho I tested a month ago...I would really like 2 more weeks to get rid of that result. Not gonna happen but maybe baby will not come out until we can fix this?

No labor vibes for me anymore.
#52 of 52 Old 12-14-2008, 05:03 PM

I'm still here too....38 w 4d. I am hoping to go within the next week- DS was born at 39w 3d. Physically I am READY READY READY- so tired of being sore, tired, etc etc. Mentally I go back and forth- one minute I am OK if she decides to come NOW, the next minute I need a little more time. Heck, I JUST found the crib sheets about 2 hours ago- still have to wash them then figure out how to side car the crib.

And since I've made it this far, I might as well go at last another day or so- after all, the Survivor finale is on tonight!

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page