Where are you all? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I get so excited when I see that people haven't posted in a day or so. My mind goes nuts thinking that there is a huge baby boom happening I insist that you check in EVERY DAY so we know what your progress is and who is laboring

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#2 of 52 Old 12-10-2008, 09:42 PM

:
#3 of 52 Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 PM

Ha ha. I wish. I am so jealous of all the babies and so TIRED of constantly worrying over childcare arrangements, "if" DH could make it in time "if" today was the day...sigh.
#4 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2annika View Post
Ha ha. I wish. I am so jealous of all the babies and so TIRED of constantly worrying over childcare arrangements, "if" DH could make it in time "if" today was the day...sigh.
Oh, Mama, I'm sorry to hear about this stress on you I really hope tha when your "labor day" comes it all works out exactly right for you.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 01:13 AM

Well...I'm just sitting here on my big ball, trying to get Lovey to drop (all the way), drinking RRL tea (about 3 cups a day, but hoping to drink more), and saying "OK Baby, I'm ready. You can come out now!"

Basically I'm trying to defy my due date and nature and encourage her to come ASAP.

Think I might go to the 24 hour store and go for a walk with DH (no way I'm walking in the cold and the dark outside).

Believe me...as soon as I know I'm in labor I will be rushing to get on MDC to post! What does that say about my priorities?
#6 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 01:49 AM

Still here. Waddling around at 38 weeks. The earliest any of mine have come is 38.5 weeks. I keep hoping this one will be sooner but I don't think I will have that kind of luck.
#7 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 01:54 AM

I am 38w6d. Can't stop bawling my eyes out. I spent ALL day crying at the drop of a hat. What does that mean? I cried when 3 posts went up yesterday about momma's having their babies. I'm SUPER EXCITED for them...but I NEED him to come out.

"I insist that you check in EVERY DAY so we know what your progress is and who is laboring " Aye aye cap'n!!!!!!!!! :
#8 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 AM

I'm only going to be 38 weeks tomorrow. I do think near the end lots of us need to sort of draw into ourselves and get centered for the birth...I wouldn't be surprised if someone of the women here are doing that. Hey, I might do that the last week or so...

I've always gone full term at least (I think the earliest labor has started for me is 40W1D). So figuring this one isn't going to be any different. There's still so much to do, and I kind of doubt babe is going to want to come out until I'm feeling fully prepared.

I can say here though I found my cervix the other day and it's super ripe. If it wasn't for the different feel of the opening I may not have known that it was there. So, I'd say I'm pretty substantially effaced, likely at least 2-3 cm, but you know I know that doesn't mean anything. I've had friends walking around at 5-6 cm for weeks. But, it's crazy soft, like butter...

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#9 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 AM

Same old thing here! Felt pretty crampy yesterday but nothing major. Today I'm going to do some real cleaning so that will make me feel more "ready". My husband is convinced that if I'm ready the baby will come. He's also determined she'll come this weekend, its so cute how excited he's getting.
And Holly, I've already thought of that, how I want to post on here whenever I go into labor! Too funny!! Y'all are awesome! So encouraging!!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#10 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 AM

40w tomorrow..... and no baby yet.......this baby needs to come..... I can no longer lift my leg. Tomrrow is the full moon so maybe then? I am soo ready to get this going.
My DH will not let me drive anywhere more than 10 miles away..which leaves...NOTHING!!!!!!!!! and I am sooo board of being home..
I am soo tired of have perfect strangers asking me if I should be out and about/are you dialated (like I would tell them and why would you ask that?????) and the best are they going to induce you soon? .....these are people I do not know!!!!!!!!
I guess I will clean the house again... maybe that will get her moving this time.....
she can not get any lower and I can get anymore effaced than I am... I think she is spread eagle in there trying to stay in.
#11 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM

Still right here - 39w2d so plenty of time still. Generally enjoying myself - cancelled out of a mtng last night and went xmas shopping and out to dinner with my daughter and partner and sister-in-law. That was really nice and made substantial progress on xmas - just need to order my daughter's gifts online and we'll basically be done. MW coming in an hour. Lots of twinges and BH and pressure and some contrax that are more painful, but nothing too definitive. I guess my only concern is making sense of all the different feelings I have and going back and forth on when I want the baby to come (as if I have any control over it).

Oh, and we decided a name: Dylan Daniel it is going to be. Kind of a major turnaround but we like it. And it's nice to have it decided. Maybe he'll come out now that he has a name

Good luck to those of you ready to go.
#12 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 AM

I'm here still. Always here. Maybe I should go away and then I would have this baby! Quit thinking about it so much! Anyway, I'm 40+3 today. Really hoping for a full moon baby, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I really haven't done much in the way of trying to make labor start, but maybe I should. Like bouncing on the birth ball, sex, abnormal physical activity. Hmm...

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#13 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM

im 37 and some and still working fuller than full time!
#14 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Still here. I was fine with that yesterday...but now I'm getting so darn tired of it and I want to be done for the 1st time this pregnancy.

I'm 39+2 and can't imagine having to go any longer. Jennifer, I'm getting weepy too. My kids are making me crazy and I don't want to be around them anymore. I don't want them pulling my hair and grabbing and touching me anymore The screaming and yelling and fighting they do is making me miserable...especially the screaming, my ears are like super sensitive and it hurts! I'm losing my mind! It's getting harder and harder to be around them and it feels so sad that I feel that way.

Wishing babe would come out asap :
#15 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm still here. I drank some RRL tea last night and was having contractions about 5 minutes apart. Then I fell asleep and I guess they slowed down a lot. Now they are every 10-20 minutes. I'm already 4 cm dilated, so now I'm really confused. I think I'll have some more tea tonite and see what happens. My daughter nurses a lot at night, so maybe that's what made them so close together.

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/familybed2.gif">familybed2.gif  DD1 12/05, DD2 12/08

Computer Engineer- I write better in 1's and 0's. ;-)
#16 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 PM

40+4, still here. bouncing on ball, having sex, using breast pump, etc. etc. seriously baby come out!
#17 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm still here too. Big sigh. Come out, child!

I do have a question though - if walking/moving gets the cramping and uncomfortableness to the next level, is it worth it to keep moving and walking? Yesterday afternoon I cleaned the whole house and did a bunch of laundry (cause, you know, the dogs need clean beds ??), and then went and did a big grocery shop (had to hang off the cart for most of that!), came home and made chili, cornbread and pumpkin cookies. I also spilled some raisins and then cried about it. And then get really mad at DH for not springing to his feet to clean up my mess. Anyway, all of this brought on a lot of BH, back pain, tightness, etc. But, it's gone today. Honestly, yesterday was very unpleasant pain wise, but I would just not sit down all day today if it would help get this kid moving. So, to be active, or not? Does it make a difference?

It's nice to know you guys are also getting antsy. Not that being antsy is something I wish upon you all, but it's nice to know I'm not alone in my antsy hermitness.

For greater things are yet to come...

#18 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm here due today . I'm pretty sure the baby is just going to stay inside forever though!
#19 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM

I am still here again today. I have decided that this baby can't come until I get my holiday shopping done. Last year, DH and I didn't get to go shopping together for any of the cool presents because we didn't have a babysitter that we were comfortable with so he ended up doing most of it by himself. So, this year, we have to make up for it. It is on our schedule for this Friday night. If I can get that out of the way Friday night, then it would be a great weekend for a baby.
#20 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM

39+5
Tapping my fingers, supposedly on bed rest to keep my blood pressure down, waiting for the midwife ordered induction acupuncture to kick in. I have little faith that's it's gonna work now. It's been 36hours.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#21 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 PM

tappity tap tap.
Ready and waiting. 39+1

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#22 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM

I'm 39+2. I think. DH is getting antsy (probably only hypnobabies is keeping me calm at all) so I told him he could "help" (it makes a nice change from "but i'm worried that sex will hurt the baby.")
#23 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0lanthe View Post
I'm 39+2. I think. DH is getting antsy (probably only hypnobabies is keeping me calm at all) so I told him he could "help" (it makes a nice change from "but i'm worried that sex will hurt the baby.")
Sigh, I need some 'help' too...if only everything wasn't so darn awkward. Honestly I feel as uncoordinated and ever, and I'm not used to that!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#24 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkat View Post
Honestly, yesterday was very unpleasant pain wise, but I would just not sit down all day today if it would help get this kid moving. So, to be active, or not? Does it make a difference?

It's nice to know you guys are also getting antsy. Not that being antsy is something I wish upon you all, but it's nice to know I'm not alone in my antsy hermitness.
Is this your first?

Well, I was fast approaching 41 weeks with #1 and they were going to have to schedule an NST if I made it to 41W3D (which was the monday after), so my doula decided to walk me to get me to the point where my mw could loosen the membranes. [Back then before they had capabilities of doing an NST at their center the local hospitals would often pull attitude when someone went in there who was planning an alternative birth. ]

And, walk me she did....we went Christmas shopping together (first was born on 22nd) and Oh MY we did it for about 6 hours. Sure, had some contractions, etc. But the good thing was it did dilate me about 1 cm. Enough to have my membranes loosened. And, that mw did a REALLY good job of loosening. Had contractions right away, which then turned into real labor about 12 hours later!

So, definitely it could dilate you further. Is this your first? Honestly I have little energy right now I would love to just invite someone else over to clean.

#25 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It is my first, and I'm still only 39 weeks. But, I'm dialated to 1.5, and pretty effaced with a low, low babe.

Ok, walk I will! Can't hurt, right?

And, I hear you all with the awkward sex. Whoa.

For greater things are yet to come...

#26 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM

I'm still here, just lurking - I don't really feel like posting if it isn't a birth announcement, kwim? 39+5, having fairly regular contractions today, but they're mild, and I had them most of yesterday afternoon too, with no results. *sigh*
#27 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM

selkat - you're doing better than me!! the walking certainly can't hurt and it does loosen up stiff joints! i step up and down on a ledge in the back yard (like doing step aerobics). and knee lifts and squats while i'm doing it.
#28 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 06:46 PM

I wish that increased activity was helping ME. I specifically planned an agility trial for this past weekend (which is where the dogs run through all the obstacles, while the handler runs along directing them- you know??) with the FULL intention of helping get labor going. I ran with my last pregnancy, but only 3 events one day. This time I did 9 events each day for 2 days. Well, all it did was make me hurt. I guess there could have been some dilation, but I don't get internals so who knows??

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#29 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 07:57 PM

I just had my 38 week visit. I was, at 36 weeks, a loose 1 cm, 50-60% effaced and -3 station. I'm now 2cm, still 50-60% effaced and baby still at -3station. I have been having major BH lately and yesterday tons of pressure all day with few breaks. Today pressure all day with no let up. Drinking water actually seems to bring on the contractions instead of stopping them like they were a few weeks ago. I have also been sitting on my birthing ball a tons and getting sore from that. I want this baby out. NOW.
Ok, ranting here. Ignore if you don't care.
I'm so tired of thinking its going to be soon and nothing is going on. I am so tired and frusterated, annoyed at my kids and don't want to deal with my MIL and she is bugging me constently all day. I'm tired of all the drama this pregnancy with the constent BH and preterm labor stuff and issues. I want the pregnancy I had with my son, where the only thing that happened was my water was leaking and I went to the hospital and had my son that day. I have never had so many aches and pains this pregnancy and it just so frusterating and tiring and I still haven't had this baby. And what I really dont like is I'll prob spend Christmas in the hospital (since my kids are getting closer to the due date and my due date is the 23rd) and I never want that in a million years, I can't even stand that I have gotten this close either. This holiday season is really messed up with all this. I didn't even get a good Thanksgiving and now it looks like Christmas is looking the same way. I need a nap. OK, ranting over, Thanks for reading this far if you cared.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#30 of 52 Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 PM

Thanks all. Now I feel a little better. Sorry, I was beginning to think EVERYONE except me had posted a birth announcement.

I am really tired too and my hips/legs/pelvis hurt! Everything aches. (At 39 w 3 d). Seems like all I want to do is sleep, but I can't sleep because my hips ache too much from laying on my sides. Everyone thinks I'm crazy (at DD's preschool) and keeps asking haven't they tried to induce me yet? When I say no, we're using midwives and there's no medical reason to try to start anything, they say, oh, you poor thing. I am so snappy with DD...I felt really bad about telling her to "just be a brat, then!" this morning. (She *was* being a brat, but she's 3...and then I got the big blue eyes-puddle full of tears.)

I can sympathize with the PP...I didn't get Thanksgiving either because I spent most of it at the birth center with wicked early contractions. Probably brought on by dehydration.

I just hope we can get DH's week of paternity leave in before the extended family descends on us. They're ALL coming for Christmas. (yay)

I DO love my family. I am just so DONE.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page