DDC lurker stepping out of the shadows - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-12-2008, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been lurking around here since the beginning of this pregnancy, rarely finding the words to say much . . . our lives have been insane, and I've been feeling shy & overwhelmed. My dad has been going through cancer treatments for a brain tumor recurrence, and we made the tough decision to move into a house with my parents, which meant we had to ready my parents' place for sale (the house they had lived in since I was 4), get it on the market, pack up both houses, and move. We finally made it into the new house the weekend before Thanksgiving, and not a moment too soon--I am currently 38.5 weeks and counting, with an active almost-3-year-old who makes unpacking/organizing a little more complicated.

We're having an HBAC this time around, after requiring a c-section at 37weeks with DD (we had planned a homebirth). Now that I'm past the point at which DD was born with no sign of any complications, I am amazed to realize that this is actually going to HAPPEN--one of these days soon I am going to go into labor and birth this baby in our lovely new home!

Anyway, wanted to step back into the light and re-introduce myself--I've been really enjoying keeping up with everyone else's pregnancies, even though I haven't been much of an active participant around here during the craziness.
#2 of 7 Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 PM

I'm sorry your pregnancy has had so much to contend with in your life....glad to hear that you're mostly settled in now and planning for the good stuff (the birth!!).

I'm wishing you a wonderful HBAC - mine were awesome. Can't wait to read your birthstory. Glad you stepped out of the shadows to introduce yourself, too. I feel like I haven't posted much until now, also (now that I've gone on maternity leave from work I have a little more time to) and this week I've been enjoying reading what's been going on with everyone.

Take good care!
Mary

Mama to Noah Jude, 8/17/01, Emerson Lily, HBAC 8/3/03-8/3/03, Beatrice Ruth, homeborn 2/6/05, and Winter Juno Lucine, 12/22/08.:
#3 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 AM

Welcome! I hope your birth goes just as you want it to this time.
#4 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 12:39 AM

Welcome mama! I'm glad you are here and I wish the rest of your pregnancy and birth to be amazing and just as you hope. Much love and light to you :
#5 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 01:45 AM

Hey girl! I"ve been wondering what you've been up to. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope that you are finding peace right about now and have a great rest of your pregnancy and a fulfilling birth.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#6 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Things have been really rough for the last several months, but some things are finally falling into place--we're pretty moved in at this point, although DH still has a ton to do at the old place. And my dad had an MRI today that showed no new tumor growth, which is fantastic after the last several monthly scans. :

And everything is looking GREAT for the HBAC; I had an ultrasound yesterday, and the tech couldn't even see my scar on the monitor, baby has plenty of fluid (low AFI was one of the reasons for my c-section the first time around), and the placenta is nowhere near the incision site. Oh, and baby has been head-down since 29 weeks (DD was persistently breech, which was another reason for the c-section).
#7 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 AM

Sending you good vibes for a wonderful birth and strength to get through everything til baby comes. Healing energy to dad too!:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page