Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else counting the days???

790 views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  mom2annika 
#1 ·
I know you all must be feeling this way (those of you who havent delivered yet) But I'm due in a week, already started my maternity leave. I just feel so bored, and excited. And my excitement has turned to frustration because I want my baby! And I'm tired of being pregnant, and I want my body back(or something that REMINDS me of my body).
And I couldnt care a tiddle about christmas!
If it wasnt for the proof I have seen that pregnant women DO infact end up with babies, I would honestly think that I am just gonna get bigger and bigger and more handicapped every day for the rest of my life . . . and that no baby will ever come.
Any other thoughts?

#5 ·
I'm right there w/ you! I'm due Tuesday and there are no signs of anything so far

This is my 5th...I never thought I'd make it to the 16th! We totally guessed that day too...so I really thought we'd go even earlier. So now I'm frustrated. I love reading the stories on here but wish it were me too. I just need this to be over. I want to be able to have energy back and not be so annoyed at every.little.thing.

I even went and did some things that I thought would bring babe into this world...like cut my hair, got my ddc bead necklace made, picked up candles, more RRL tea, etc. The little things to be super prepared for our HB and hoped that would make us relaxed enough for her to enter the world. But...I'm still pregnant and she's still not here...and I want to hold her so bad right now!

#6 ·
I was counting the days hoping to give birth before now, and then I got sick and now I'm back pedling on my wishes furiously because I don't want to be coughing in labor.

Please please please let me hold out a bit longer (without feeling like I'm going to pop) and let me feel all better quickly!!!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsaucone View Post
I think somebody should teach babies about time.
: Babies should understand that mommies like punctuality, and that coming a little early to the party is acceptable in this case! My LO is due Monday too, but I was still completely closed and 0% effaced on Thursday... hopefully something magical happens tonight or tomorrow to bring LO here by the 15th!

#11 ·
Well, I might be literally counting the days...the mws have my date as the 25-26-27th....I really think 26th. But my DD's have one of those Christmas bells, where you take a link off every night before Christmas. LOL

I'm watching it get smaller. So small in fact now DH has to help them take one off (taped up high on the wall)

For the first time today I felt seriously miserable...bleh. Had some great coupons and decided to go try to use them to do some shopping. BAD idea. That's all I'm going to say.

Just a few hours did me in! I think it was all the standing and waiting in line, the actual shopping was quick.
:

#13 ·
I am so with you guys. DD was born at 37 weeks, and while we joked that this little guy would probably hang in there longer, I still didn't really expect to still be pregnant at 38 weeks! I feel like my body is breaking down. We have tried sex, EPO, walking, acupuncture (although no really strong points), RRL tea, but I guess he is just not ready yet. I am trying hard not to rush nature and am telling myself that he is strengthening his immune system in there to get ready for life during cold and flu season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.