Who is ready to go but thinks it will be a little longer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-14-2008, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That would be me. :

I'm exhausted, HUGE, cranky, crampy and my crotch hurts. He is SO LOW.. I'm 38 weeks though. I'm due 12/28.. I am pretty positive I will go that long if not until New years.. Anyone else like me??? I'm so ready, I wanna go into labor and have him tonight if I could. I have to admit I'm jealous coming on here everyday and seeing all these mama's having their little bundles of joy already and I'm still waiting!! I also tend to go overdue (with my first three going 42 weeks + and my fourth being born 15 mins before his EDD) so by my history I'm sure I will go over again. I'm secretly praying for a repeat of my last birth, water breaks, labor starts and about 12 hours later a baby.

Sigh..

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#2 of 13 Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 PM

O man, I am so with you. I have no vibe as to whether she will be overdue, on time or early. All I know is that between haviing numb painful hands, huge feet, and beiing fairly unable to walk i am more than ready. You could pitch a tent on my belly it sticks out so far. Ridiculous. I am so jealous of everyone too, happy for them, but wishing I could post my story..............
#3 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

I hear ya!! I can't sleep worth a flip now because my hands go numb and my pelvis hurts!! Of course I can't lay on my back either because I'm so huge and well no luck even trying on my stomach.. I'm really really ready to sleep on my belly again.

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#4 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 01:00 AM

Well I'm 40+1 today and am managing to find some zen despite really wanting to meet this bub...
But in the moments where I lose the zen, I'm a mess and feel like the sky will cave in if labour doesn't start NOW!

I'm currently having one of those moments.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#5 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 01:12 AM

That would totally be me right now.
My 1st was at 38 weeks.
2nd at 39 weeks, 4 days.
3rd at 39 weeks and 6 days.
This one I want now. But will prob be at 40 weeks+. I really hope not.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#6 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 AM

I'm just not ready still! I have this secret fantasy of being pregnant again, but I know that's unlikely - as I'm already 42. So, I'm trying to absorb and appreciate every single moment. I was hoping that this pregnancy would be enough for me, and that I'd be ok with being "done", but I am not. I am the opposite of everyone now - I'm praying that the baby will stay inside another couple weeks. Yes, I'm big, yes, I'm feeling it more, but I'm ok with that. (I'm 39 weeks now - EDD is Dec 18)

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#7 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 AM

bless you Janis! I hope you eek all the joy you can out of being pregnant! That's wonderful that you are enjoying it! I hope it stays that way for you. For me, well, I'm sure my joy will come back as soon as she is born!
#8 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 AM

I could have the baby today and I would be *so* happy, but I haven't had any kind of sign or anything that it's anytime soon. *sigh* DH wants him to wait a couple of more weeks (I'm 38 weeks today), so I told him that he better be ready because LO is being born when I'm 40 weeks. No idea if that will actually happen or not, but that's the "plan" Yeah right..... Mostly just trying to *do* stuff that's making me cranky and uncomfortable. And being so dang emotional. I was opening a card last night, and accidentally ripped the card, DH didn't know what was wrong but knew I was bawling, when he asked me, I started crying more saying that I had ripped the card. (It didn't help that right after he calmed me down from ripping it a little, it got caught on some tape and I didn't realize and completely ripped it in half. ) He said we could put some tape on it, and it would be alright, but that didn't console me. (On a brighter note, I think I'll be alright, but it still makes me tear up a bit that it tore... )

OP we are due the same day

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#9 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 AM

well..I was SO ready this morning..but after the gbs results that kinda put a stop to wanting to go now. Due on Tuesday and I just hope now that we get a few days of natural remedies in before she arrives.

I feel ya Janis. I was hoping I would feel the same b/c this is my 5th...but I feel I want one more still! Crazy...I know Trying to at least soak in the "i'm still pregnant" phase and rubbing my belly lots and just being happy with it.

I get so excited to see the birth stories posted...it will be each of us very soon! Isn't that wild?! Finally...it's our turn and it's so exciting to see all these mamas we know have their babies and share in their joy I love it!
#10 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 AM

Oh there you are my December 28th buddies! I'm due then too with my first. I feel ready to go for sure. I drop down to part-time hours at work this week (yay!!) so I feel like it's manageable again. Working full-time was making me hate everything. Now I can nap and focus on being calm and relaxed.

I feel like I am going to have an after New Years baby too...what do I know with it being my first, but he seems pretty content to stay in there and who am I to kick him out?

#11 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 AM

I'm due the 20th but I don't have any *feelings* when it will be. I still have a lot to do so I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer. Baby still hasn't really dropped, it seems like to me. Seems like she's still pretty high. Since this is my first I thought it would've happened already but I guess not! I haven't felt any real contrax just some moderate BH for weeks now so I have had no signals.

Janis - my mom had her youngest at 44 and it was awesome!! My dad was 52!! Lil Robert was a bit of a surprise. But I loved it b/c I was 17 and really got to enjoy him and my older sis and I helped a ton. Mom said she got to enjoy him the most because of all the help. Don't rule out another one but I'm so glad you're enjoying this pregnancy!!!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#12 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 10:05 AM

Another Dec.28th due date here!

My first tried to come at 31 weeks, but with meds and bedrest she hung in there until 37 weeks. So I have never been pregnant this long! And it could still be awhile. Not many signs, although sometimes you don't need them. Last night I was contracting every 2 minutes for over an hour and then it fizzled out. Who knows when he'll come! I'd really like to have him before Christmas.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#13 of 13 Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Well, I'm due on the 26th, so we're pretty close. I can say that here I have always gone over. I'd be seriously surprised if this one came before the due date.

Other than that day *after* my pap smear I've had pretty much nothing going on (that was last Thursday). I was freaked at that point that I was going to go into labor. I wasn't ready. My mom will be here this afternoon so I will have more of a chance to get ready!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page