Uh oh - blew up the pool and it has a leak! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-16-2008, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so my DH blew up the birthing pool (the fishy pool) and the bottom (the part that is blown up to make it cushie where you sit) has a leak in it. Not the end of the world, but after trying to find a vinal patch with no luck he ended up with a waterbed repair glue stuff to patch it. Well, that didn't work so he resorted to duct tape! So um... any suggestions on how to make it workable and comfortable? Right now it doesn't look so appealing! I thought about a liner but am not sure what to use and obviously a blanket underneath for more comfort. Any other suggestions besides that? I've called several pool places around the area and they just don't carry the fishy pool in winter, go figure!
#2 of 4 Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Oh I'm so sorry! At least you didn't wait till you were in labor though.
If you're interested I have the fishy pool that we didn't get to use (babe was in a huge rush to get out ). It would be coming from Idaho though, so not sure if you'd want to wait for it. Just let me know!
#3 of 4 Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

wow - that's really nice of you! I'd totally jump on it but I'd be afraid to go into labor tonight after arranging it - haha

AND for the record - your birth story is **amazing** and I've shown that picture of you and the baby min. old to my DH like 3 times! "Can you believe she just had a baby!?!"

Congrats!!
#4 of 4 Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Yeah, that would be the way of things

And thanks! I wish we would've gotten a few more pics that night, but we were pretty dang tired!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page