Incredible, dramatic, birth experience.....Planned Homebirth turned up UC! UPDATE, PIC POST#31 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish I'd taken a TON more pictures of course. We only have a handful from right after the birth and DH had the camera in the wrong mode so they all turned out orange and blurry (still don't know HOW exactly he did that).

Anyhow, here are a couple of pics of him after the birth I made sepia so they're easier to look at! LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...DSCN6106-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...DSCN6103-1.jpg

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#32 of 36 Old 12-24-2008, 04:30 PM

How sweet! The three pics that DH took after the birth are all fuzzy too...wish we had more!
#33 of 36 Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMama View Post
How sweet! The three pics that DH took after the birth are all fuzzy too...wish we had more!
See, I think you and I can relate on that one. I had the tripod put together in the other room, and had bought 4GB of SD memory for our camera. I had to prompt DH to get the camera as it was. He just wasn't into taking pictures. I just had no clue that the kiddo was coming. I've always had some warning! Not just a few minutes!

I have a TON of pictures from my last birth, but it really was because I had two friends there. One functioning as the doula, the other one to watch over my kids. Since my mom made it for that birth, both of them took pictures. I think I have a couple hundred from his birth AND a video. Sigh. At least we have a great birth story to tell. Though in my case the pushing/baby coming out part was so quick I worry it's going to get fuzzy in my memory!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#34 of 36 Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post

I have a TON of pictures from my last birth, but it really was because I had two friends there. One functioning as the doula, the other one to watch over my kids. Since my mom made it for that birth, both of them took pictures. I think I have a couple hundred from his birth AND a video. Sigh. At least we have a great birth story to tell. Though in my case the pushing/baby coming out part was so quick I worry it's going to get fuzzy in my memory!
That's funny, that's almost exactly what happened with my last birth too!
It was just my mom, no doula, but we have lots of good pics and video.
I wish I hadn't had labor denial and we had video, it's just so hard to remember every little detail when 1) you're in labor, and 2) it went really really fast!

It does make writing the birth story out a little easier though
#35 of 36 Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMama View Post
I wish I hadn't had labor denial and we had video, it's just so hard to remember every little detail when 1) you're in labor, and 2) it went really really fast!

It does make writing the birth story out a little easier though
Well, actually for me, the labor denial wasn't an issue. It was the fact that labor from start to birth was about an hour. When it finally started hurting, that was when the mw decided to come. We figured I had like another hour and a half or two. Not five minutes.

The labor denial happened with my second though, I did that with her...I thought it was really early labor and the mw got there and I was 9 cm. Go figure! Though, we had the tripod set up, all they had to do was hit record! Have a great video from her birth!

No video with my first though, and only like one picture. We didn't have a digital camera then, and didn't even have a camera at hand. I should have thought about those things....

My birth story is only half done. It's really long. Primarily because my water broke at 3AM and I was all freaked out that I wasn't going into labor, and really stressed about that. I had a mental road block of sorts. Once I worked that all out, labor started. It was like I had to decide to have a baby that day. I was completely freaked out because of the fact that it was just past 38 weeks. I always go post dates. So I was worried that I wouldn't go into labor and would wind up transferring. I may have even picked up that vibe from the mw...he was so high up, and that was making me nervous.

That was the big irony, in the beginning I was all worried I wouldn't go into labor on my own and wind up transferring for an induction....then my body does the complete about face and things go crazy fast. Really, to me it was an example of mind over matter.... A vbac friend of mine helped sort of reassure me with IM only hours before the birth. She had such a great pep talk she gave me...I wish DH hadn't clicked off of it and I had kept that conversation for the birth story.

I'm totally over the moon happy though, it's so strange, I really am enjoying all of this so much. With every kiddo I enjoy them and their baby stage more!

#36 of 36 Old 01-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!I've been wondering how you were doing::::

P.S. Please check your PM's. I tried to send you a PM, but your box is full. If you don't see my PM to you can you please check the Pet forum for my thread. I desperately need your help and knowledge!!!!!Thanks!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page