Incredible, dramatic, birth experience.....Planned Homebirth turned up UC! UPDATE, PIC POST#31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2008, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unlike all my other births where I have gone post dates it seems my LO this time decided to have it's own special story to tell. I'll be back later with details but everybody wants me on the bed!

It's a boy!

Ian Andrew born at 12:53PM yesterday, at 38W4D, an hour of labor, and three minutes of my body pushing, with Daddy catching the baby in a towel. MW didn't make it for the birth! My DH was absolutely awesome...super calm, but with only a few minutes to react he says he had to be!

No tears, skid marks or even any bruising. This is the best I've felt after any birth! I honestly can't believe how great I feel!

Honestly, it was actually way more dramatic than this, I'll have to get a birth story written out soon. So, though unlike the other births we have no pictures from the actual birth--just after, but we have a good story to share!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Wow that sounds great! Congratulations on your wonderful little boy.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 PM

Wow! That's craziness! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear more.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

Old 12-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Congratulations!! Rest up and enjoy your new baby boy.

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
Old 12-17-2008, 03:29 PM

Congrats! Sounds like a very nice birthing experience.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 12-17-2008, 03:55 PM

Congratulations!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congratulations! Happy babymoon! : Happy birthday to little Ian.

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
Old 12-17-2008, 04:26 PM

congratulations! So happy for you! :
Old 12-17-2008, 04:29 PM

Congratulations! How fun, another Mama with a homebirth turned UC
Old 12-17-2008, 04:34 PM

:
Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:39 PM

Amazing! : Congratulations on your new little one. I'm looking forward to hearing the birth story. Could it be that long since the entire labor was only an hour? Really, you get the Iron Mama award. I certainly hope and pray that my homebirth goes this smoothly. You're an inspiration...

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Awesome! Congratulations! : Welcome to the world baby Ian!

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Old 12-17-2008, 04:48 PM

Short births can make for long stories.

Congratulations. You might be up for a few days on the hormone boost from the birth. It that usually gets used up on a longer labour. I was up for 36 hours straight after my first quick birth.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM

Congratulations! :
Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM

Woo-hoo! I hope we all can have such wonderful stories to share soon!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:09 PM

wow, way to go phatchristy!! :
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to read the details!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hurray! Congratulations!

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM

Wow, mama! Congrats : You did go early...I never would have thought!

I look forward to your birth story and some pics of your baby boy! Enjoy your babymoon!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:59 PM

So glad you feel so great, I know those fast births can be difficult to process sometimes! Congrats on a quick, safe birth and your baby boy!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 PM

Awesome, mama! Welcome to the world, Ian! Congratulations!!

Mama to Noah Jude, 8/17/01, Emerson Lily, HBAC 8/3/03-8/3/03, Beatrice Ruth, homeborn 2/6/05, and Winter Juno Lucine, 12/22/08.:
Old 12-17-2008, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Wow, mama! Congrats : You did go early...I never would have thought!

I look forward to your birth story and some pics of your baby boy! Enjoy your babymoon!
Yep, me too...I NEVER would have thought I would go early. After three post date babies I was really in shock. My water actually broke early morning, about 3 AM...and no contractions at the time, but then a few small cramps. I've never had a water break before labor started. Always at the end, and my other DS was born in the caul. The mw got there to check on me to make sure that I had broken my water and to see where I was, and how baby was doing. She thought she was fine to leave for her day of prenatals because I had basically stopped all contractions, the babe was -3 at the time (yeah, -3...that in itself spooked me because that is way high up), 2-3 cm and only slightly effaced. Plus, honestly feeling pressured and nervous enough about how labor started I basically stopped any kind of cramp!

I'll write more about it later (still processing of course) but it was just so weird how the labor went. The contractions never packed that punch of my last births, and though my last two were very quick I still had some time to actually give the mws warning to come! This time when they got intense it was right before he came out! Go figure! And, I have no crotch pain. What is with that? I never thought it was possible! Usually I have a bruised feeling after birth.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for all the love and support. I am still processing things a bit, but I obviously am very happy with how things turned out! The little guy is super sweet, looks like DH and absolutely LOVES to nurse.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:45 AM

Congratulations!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 AM

WOW ... what a nice birth .. I hope I can say mine will be easy like this
Looking forward to reading the extended birth story !

Congratulations and enjoy this time with your new babe !! Great Job, mama !
:

Mama to my little milk monster, Malu : (12/20/08)
Old 12-18-2008, 02:24 PM

Super news!!! I love how in stride you were with what was going on! Baby Ian is lucky, lucky, lucky :

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish11 View Post
Super news!!! I love how in stride you were with what was going on! Baby Ian is lucky, lucky, lucky :
I honestly think that I have to give some credit to some of my friends who UC and the boards here. I've always had the trust in birth, and knew that in general that if baby were to ever come that fast then generally babe is in the ideal position and there are no issues. And, though I wouldn't purposefully UC and have always opted to have hands off midwives here both DH and I didn't panic the way that I think a lot of people may have. But then again we only had minutes...there wasn't time to panic DH said.

In fact, the head midwife gave me a call the next day and we talked over and I kind of went through what happened with her. She actually was calling because she wanted to make sure that I was fine...that I wasn't spooked or afraid or anything. Because apparently they've had it happen in the past a few times, and in a couple of those cases the people freaked and called 911. In my case I had only a few minutes. When the head dropped it was obvious to me he was going to come out. It was just so quick, DH actually was so steady, he didn't panic or anything. But, for me I couldn't have done it without him being there safely I think. Because things were so intense once the head was about to come out I had the '*crap* what do I do' moment because it was so intense and I was in our bathroom standing above our ceramic tile...with no padding/towels in sight. And I felt that if I moved baby would just pop out (which he actually did). And, it was so intense I didn't know that I could actually catch him/her safely and not have babe fall onto the tile.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 AM

Wow, congrats! What an exciting story! I'm glad your DH was calm and in the right spot to catch the baby in time. Happy babymoon!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 12-20-2008, 12:11 AM

Congratulations to you and your family! That sounds like an ideal birth! Our first daughter was going to be an Ian if she was a boy - I love the name! All the best as you enjoy your tiny baby.

Carlyn - loving and caring for my family.
Married 13 years, mama to 12 (boy), 8, 6, 4, 1 (girls)
Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 AM

Congratulations!!!

User Tag List