Placenta Stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-17-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Placenta Mamas - let's share our stories of how we have used our placentas so far and how we are feeling...

I had my doula cut off a big chunk after we finally cut the cord (We left it attached for three hours and there was still blood in it when we cut it! And I had one of the "toughest" cords my MW has seen - she literally had to use two hands with the scissors and saw at it a bit, lol! She was quite impressed with my cord making ability!) and then she put it in the blender with an already made smoothie and blended it all up together. I drank the whole thing in about 5 minutes because it tasted like a normal smoothie and I was so hungry! Seriously - there was no weird taste at all!

So far I have felt great PP - I have only had one "weepy" moment and it lasted for about 10 minutes. I was seriously feeling blue over my painful hemmorhoid, kind of a "poor me" moment. This is DRAMATICALLY different from my experience PP with my first birth - with that birth I had several episodes of crying that lasted for HOURS. I never felt specifically sad about an issue - just that general depressed feeling accompanied with non-stop crying. I was very blue and down for about two weeks. I am quite sure that my placenta smoothie has played a big part in the difference of how I am feeling after this birth. I am SO HAPPY that I had my smoothie. I haven't had any sense of my hormones shifting or changing - just a general feeling of mental well-being. Now when I get the energy I will dry and encapsulate the rest.
#2 of 2 Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I didn't do anything with Ronan's placenta (it's sitting in the freezer at the moment), but I did have a bunch of placenta capsules from DS2.
I was doing ok the first few days, MIL had the kids and DH was being so attentive! I really felt like we had 3 days of babymoon, I've never experienced such a peaceful time before!

But on day 4 DH went back to work and I had all 4 kids to myself. All of a sudden, just like that. So after a pretty rough day (DS wasn't latching hardly at all, plugged ducts, etc.) I decided it was time to try the caps.
Well I took 4 the next morning, and 4 in the afternoon and I felt so much better! Even just a couple of hours after my first 'dose' I could tell a drastic difference in how I felt.

I'm still getting emotional here and there, but nothing like I experienced with my first 3. And I've noticed that it's when I skip taking them that it happens.

So 4 caps 2x/day seems to be working really well for me.
I am so thankful to have something that works, if it hadn't I would be ready to talk to my Midwife about some temporary anti-depressants because it just gets pretty bad for me.

So yeah, I'm really happy with the results

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page