Anybody else feel this way? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Weepy, irrational, grumpy? Not uncommon at 40 w, 3 days, right?

For example, I had been loving the tub after weeks of miserable early labor---til my neighbor started talking about how hard it was to clean a Jacuzzi tub properly and how I needed to get some special cleaner to get all the mildew out of the jets. When I tried to deal with the contractions in there last night all I could think about was the supposed nastiness lurking in my tub. I know the person that brought this up is really obsessive, and we haven't been in this house long so no, I was never able to clean it top-to-bottom. I've been too sick in this pg.

And then there's the drama of family and Christmastime. Of course everyone is coming and they all want to see the babe---so why haven't I had her yet? :

Anybody have any suggestions for shutting out the static to concentrate on labor?

Help please! (Hugs appreciated too.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Yes, definitely. I have basically isolated myself and am even having dh screen all phone calls. Every time someone says, "Have you had the baby yet?" I want to say "Oh we had him a month ago--we just didn't feel like telling anyone" .
#3 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 PM

Hope you feel better soon! I know that will probably be when babe arrives. Hopefully that is soon. Just wanted to give you some hugs
#4 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 10:03 PM

Lots of hugs!

Try to relax, the stress of not having her yet could be keeping her in. I know it's hard! I'm there I'm 39 wks tomorrow with baby #4! I'd been on bedrest for 2mos until 37 weeks and now I can't convince him it's ok to come out!! Lots of contractions, but no sure signs yet!

With Christmas coming, etc. I know the stressors are crazy right now! I've gone through the roller coaster of emotions - - every day!!

I have to say the tons of phone calls, emails, text messages and IMs "well", "how about now" etc...arrgh! I've also suddenly got people coming out of the woodwork who want to be there for the birth of our son (we have 3 girls). I know some are excited as we've opted for a homebirth this time around. But this time I think it will be just my husband, children & midwives. I'm catching a lot of flack for that, too. It's hard not to be negative when one is so tired!

OK longer than I wanted this post to be, but I'm soo there with you!! Hugs, hugs & more hugs!
#5 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2annika View Post
And then there's the drama of family and Christmastime. Of course everyone is coming and they all want to see the babe---so why haven't I had her yet? :

Anybody have any suggestions for shutting out the static to concentrate on labor?
Help please! (Hugs appreciated too.)
Don't answer the phone
Your baby is ok so far w/ you sitting in the tub, enjoy it for the rest of the pg and then get it cleaned out when you can. Maybe put a little bleach in the bath after you are done and run it through the jets for a bit then run fresh water through it. That will at least ease your mind.
The baby will come when it is ready. Trust your body and enjoy your babe. They are way easier on the inside than the out.
ds1 was 2 wks over the edd and I really had to stop answering my phone and didn't go out much bcs I just could not be nice when people asked stupid questions like "haven't you had the baby yet" (when they are looking at my belly) and "when is that thing coming out" (I don't know why don't you ask it)

Hang in there mama you will be meeting your little one soon.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#6 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 PM

s

I feel the same way. Very grumpy. Very tired and impatient. Trying hard to just let go and allow things to happen on their own schedule and not worry, but it feels impossible.
#7 of 7 Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 AM

Me too, me too! Somehow I feel like the universe is against me. I had to quit work because it was gettting too hard to walk back and forth up and down every five minutes and now I'm worried that my fmla will expire and the baby will be late and I won't be able to spend time with her after the birth. I cry everyday and am so grumpy. I can't even deal with christmas. People at work call and email absolutely flabbergasted that I haven't had the baby yet. it's so frustrating. I've run out of positives at this point. I'm not even having many BH or other labor signs. I am so dead set against hospitals for me as an option but I have actually considered going in and being induced which is so not me.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page