Am I the only one already dissappointed with PP weight loss (or lack there of)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-20-2008, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So ds was born on dec 2nd. I made a point to stay away from the scale for quite awhile. Belly was shrinking away and I was hopeful that it would continue to do so for awhile so I finally got on a scale.

Somewhere around the 10-12 day mark I was down 23lbs (gained 40 this pregnancy). I thought, well, ok, thats something at least... but of course I hoped for more to come. So I hadn't weighed myself since then. I'm now 17 days PP and thought I'd give the scale another go tonight. Surprise... I've gained 2 lbs since the last time I weighed myself : .

Seriously, how could I be gaining weight already?? It isn't the milk... it's fat... a big heaping ton of fatty-fat fatfat mcfat.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#2 of 5 Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM

I have lost a little more than you, but not much. It's frustrating but at the same time I remember that it took me nine months to gain, right?

I'm hoping htat when the "six week mark" passes I can start working out again, although given our current schedule I'm not sure I see that happen.

I bet you are beautiful! You are a new mom and while we may smell of old milk and operate on almost no sleep, we are surely glowing with happiness

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#3 of 5 Old 12-20-2008, 01:01 PM

oh - no - you should NOT step on the scale for at least 6 weeks~! Your body is still doing a lot of work, and you still need to eat a lot! FWIW, I gained nearly 50 pounds with each previous pregnancy. I was "content" with my weight after about 2-3 months, but it was definitely longer before I could wear the blue jeans (sorry to burst your bubble). 6-7 months PP, I was much happier with my shape. And 2 1/2 years PP, each time, I was finally "in shape" and at a place I was pleased with. Both times, at that point, I said, "I guess it's time to get pregnant again now." (half joking) And, I should note that I do not exercise or diet - it's against my personal belief system to put myself through pain and torture. I believe in good old-fashioned action: chasing toddlers and taking the stairs!

Women put too much emphasis on the waist, and that's something we all fight all the time. It's what's inside your head and heart that matters most! Take care of yourself and your beautiful babies.

(I gained about 45 pounds on this pregnancy, but I won't be weighing myself again for a good LONG time.)

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#4 of 5 Old 12-20-2008, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish11 View Post
I have lost a little more than you, but not much. It's frustrating but at the same time I remember that it took me nine months to gain, right?

I'm hoping htat when the "six week mark" passes I can start working out again, although given our current schedule I'm not sure I see that happen.

I bet you are beautiful! You are a new mom and while we may smell of old milk and operate on almost no sleep, we are surely glowing with happiness
I've never been good at working out at home unfortunatly. I really thrive on a group or gym environment... and that certainly isn't going to happen.

My weight gain can't all really be blamed on pregnancy so its hard to say just how much will come off. Some of this weight I was on track to put on anyway with the way things were going prior to getting pregnant. The big baby belly hid a lot of this stuff I'm now seeing. So it almost feels like I gained it all in a matter of a week yk.

oh and I don't look anything close to beautiful. Haven't flat ironed my hair since ds was born, havne't worn makeup in days (because I haven't left the house), and still don't fit in any regular clothes. blah.

#5 of 5 Old 12-20-2008, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
oh - no - you should NOT step on the scale for at least 6 weeks~! Your body is still doing a lot of work, and you still need to eat a lot! FWIW, I gained nearly 50 pounds with each previous pregnancy. I was "content" with my weight after about 2-3 months, but it was definitely longer before I could wear the blue jeans (sorry to burst your bubble). 6-7 months PP, I was much happier with my shape. And 2 1/2 years PP, each time, I was finally "in shape" and at a place I was pleased with. Both times, at that point, I said, "I guess it's time to get pregnant again now." (half joking) And, I should note that I do not exercise or diet - it's against my personal belief system to put myself through pain and torture. I believe in good old-fashioned action: chasing toddlers and taking the stairs!

Women put too much emphasis on the waist, and that's something we all fight all the time. It's what's inside your head and heart that matters most! Take care of yourself and your beautiful babies.

(I gained about 45 pounds on this pregnancy, but I won't be weighing myself again for a good LONG time.)

--janis
I know I shouldn't have done it. I guess I just felt like torturing myself.

Unfortunatly the only way I loose weight (fat) is to go on a serious diet and eat all the right foods. I don't have much room left for binges of fun, easy, or cheap snacks on that plan. After my last pregnany I stopped lossing and started gaining at about the 3 month PP mark. I had to hardcore diet to get the weight off. Then of course it was a 3 year cycle of looseing, gaining, falling off the diet wagon, trying different diets, and attempting to find time for exercise (again, I have to have SERIOUS exercise to do anything more than build muscle).

When dd was 1 (now 3) I weighed less than I did my freshman year in highschool (from dieting). But, that diet made me want to rip my hair out after the first couple months and now I'm back to 15+lbs over what I was my senior year in highschool. Might I mention that I wasn't happy with my size as a senior in highschool either. I just hate the realization that the only way I'll ever look decent is to diet.

I feel so yucky, uncomfortable, akward, gross, and unattractive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page